Xmen Blue 18 preview

Husk turning into Ruby Quartz is pretty damn awesome

yup. completely underutilized material to neutralize cyclops

yes, she actually has a good usable power for a superhero team.
useful while not being overpowered

makes me wish she had become a mainstay. I imagine artists would have liked doing her various transformations too

this ruby quarts Husk is the closest we have had since 2014 to Ruby Summers

didn't Cameron Hodge use a ruby quarzt suit to fight Cyclops once?

>Penance

yeah i thought she and Monet merged back in to one? what is this?

Didn’t Jean die last week?

Goddamnit, Bunn, stop trying to pretend the Braddock Academy became, or ever was, a thing.

no idea. but it isn't used enough. it could go two ways: cyclops is made obsolete, or cyclops uses his powers to affect his environment that isn't made of ruby quartz to defeat whatever opponent he's facing.

i really want the O5 to go way, so i would they keep using it and just make him obsolete

I legit hate that every character with unique powers never get popular, but every smuck with super strength does.

This is the perfect example why manga is better than comics. The same writer works alone on a manga, the characters are never in more than 1 manga.

Jean died last week and now she’s still around in blue.

Times being fucked with. So the 05 are going back. One cover only has Bloodstorm and Jimmy on it.

they're talking about being in the wrong time period but that's vampire Storm from "Mutant X" so i don't get it.

She's from another world but not exactly mutant X.

>going back

my bullshit senses are tingling.

will they use it to make things worse?

*consults 8 ball and shakes it*

yeah says here when they get to their original timeline the writers will have a dystopian timeline where the earth is destroyed and there is a continuous war between apocalypse and the inhumans waiting for them so everyone can shit on beast again

thanks bendis

Why is Jean still here.

why would Fitzroy have an academy?
He is a former time cop from the future who became evil after being resurrected without a soul, time traveled to the past, and killed all the Hellions for some dumb Gamemaster reason.

In this alternative reality he travels to the past to open a school instead?

This is presumably back when M was the M-Twins and Penance was Monet. Time is screwy.

But even in the present day they're separate people

Penance was last seen in Avengers Academy, and Monet has merged with her brother and is using the JGS in Central Park as a feeding ground.

Then they fix it. The end.

Bunn's never used the Braddock Academy before.

It's usually Ewing.

Yeah, aorundbthe time of X-Factor's chuck of Fall of the Mutants. They managed to chip a hole in it and Scott sent a blast inside the armour to ricochet around.

Once is more than enough.

AFAIK, Ewing never used it. But then again, he's one of the few people to actually tap into the dramatic potential Hopeless squandered with his Woodchipper books.

This is alternate timeline where Mondo hadn't betrayed the team before they switched to the Dodson costumes and one where Trevor Fitzroy apparently had a mutant school.

Husk was popular enough to make it onto obe of the main teams... and then she got turned into a increasingly stupid person with really bad sexual choices.

Ewing's used it like twice.

Once he created a student named Magic Boots Mel in his Age of Ultron tie in.
And once in Loki Agent of Asgard he used it as a setting for one of Loki's heists where he stole something from Meggan. He created another student, Kid Copper.

And if I recall correctly James Asmus made Quicksilver and Crystal's daughter Luna a student there, but never actually showed her attending.

There's nothing wrong with the setting of the Braddock Academy. Get over it.

Ah, Ewing is the one who made the only two tolerable/good characters from that place. Figures.

>There's nothing wrong with the setting of the Braddock Academy. Get over it.

Only once Mettle, Juston, and Reptil are revived.

That takes place after this. When an arc that takes place over the course of one day can take 6 months to come out, comics can't exactly line up all proper-like.

No this takes place after. Teen Jean dies comes back to life then gets sent back.

Her death is a fake out.

Well O5 Cyke, Beast and Angel are all on this page of Phoenix Resurrection but teen Jean isn't

Bloodstorm is fucking destroying Gen X

source?

storm + vampire powers is a pretty powerful thing