Spider-Men 2 number 5 preview

The cool downs are annoying.

This book has gone literally nowhere. Even by Bendis standards, this is fucking gay.

What the fuck is even happening? We're just going in circles at this point

Is Felicia still a villain? Why.

616 Miles wants to go in another dimension because his girlfriend may be alive on their Earth, and then something something Taskmaster who fucking knows

Couple of Fly Boys on that cover

each issue is so forgettable i forgot what the plot even is. And i like miles

>Peter: "Oh Miles, I am so HONORED and PROD that you are SPIDER-MAN, you really are a worthy and amazing SPIDER-MAN... I MEAN IT! You, Miles Morales, have my seal of approval as SPIDER-MAN"

Every single fucking time Peter and Miles interact. It always feels like Peter is talking directly to the reader.

At least NOW we have Peter actually showing that he's weirded out by the whole thing. I don't read Miles' run but I'm guessing a name change might be on the table?

>I wish SHIELD was still a thing
We know, Bendis. We know.

>I'm guessing a name change might be on the table?
Yeah, the current and previous arcs have been foreshadowing it pretty heavily. So did the Generations one-shot. It'll probably be the last thing Bendis does before jumping ship to DC.

Deflating balloons.

>once upon a time, when I was a teenager, Reed Richards blew me off so hard I cried in my mask
Jesus Christ, Reed. Is this why he decided to take his kids and dip out of 616?

Miles I am so honored that you are Spider-Man! You have my blessing that you are a better Spider-Man than I will ever be.
No one can say you are not a good Spider-Man because here I am am saying you are the bestest ever!

I don't know if you know that I PETER PARKER HEREBY DUB YOU "THE SPIDER-MAN"

Obviously if someone says that you are not a good Spider-Man they are racist that deserved to have their eyes gouged out with hot pokers!

Actually, Pete, you were begging for money. You big fucking baby

"Oh and Miles, your costume is so much cooler than mine!"

MUH IMAGE
MUH RESPECT AMONG CRIMINALS

It kinda is tho, fuck you

OH MILES!

>Just some triangle...rhomboid... thing, on the upper torso

Nah, Peter's costume became iconic and timeless from its first iteration decades ago by sticking to the basics and taking advantage of proper color contrast. I'll give you that Miles' costume is better than Kaine's Scarlet Spider one (even if I prefer Kaine's inverted colors compared to Miles)

Spider-Lad? Spider-Boy? Urban Spider-Man?

Recluse
Redback
Kid Arachnid
Scorpion

I can't unsee that now. Thanks.

Black widow

Affirmative Action-Man

NO ONE EXPECTS THE TASKMASTER INQUISITION!

Suddenly, ultimate spidermen out of nowhere.