The Punisher

You've been tasked by Marvel Comics to write a redemption arc for The Punisher, turning him into a costumed superhero and having him join The Avengers.

How do you do it Sup Forums?

I don't.

End it with it being a nightmare Garth Ennis was having

You know what's funny?

To do this, you have to change OTHER characters, not Frank.

Spider-Man and Cap are perfectly fine with having Wolverine, who has been known to maul and gut people with his claws, as a friend and fellow Avenger.

So a "redemption" arc is more about Cap and Spidey mellowing out.

All that said, what the fuck is Frank gonna do against, say, Ultron? What good would he even be on the Avengers?

I would literally rather fucking die

What does Hawkeye do that Frank couldn't? Any-Man can ride an RPG just as easily as an arrow, I bet Frank could throw knives with equally bullshit accuracy for deus ex machina, etc.

I decline the offer but realize the project would fsll apart under someone else so I'll reluctantly take up the offer.
>Frank joins the Avengers but not as a main member. He's tasked as a clean up crewmember who has to lethally dispose of whatever the Avengers deem to be too dangerous to let live. After all, Avengers need to maintain a clean PR for being Earth's mightiest heroes. Frank hates this shit. He sees the Avengers for being the hypocrites that they are and has to deal with people who actually do pose terrorist threats, while not getting credit for it. He becomes jaded after being exposed to the ugly parts of whatever the Avengers refuse to acknowledge. Eventually, a secret assasination mission goes wrong and could threaten the existence of the Avengers if the public found out someone wanted to level a city because his sister died by collateral damage from an Avenger's mission a few months ago. The man escapes and Frank has to track him down before he goes to the press with evidence showing the Avengers are executioners that are out of control.

Wolverine can show some restraint when he's on a team. If Cap or Cyclops says try not to kill anyone he'll play ball. Punisher usually doesn't.

Give Punisher a version of the War Machine suit.

Frank goes missing after a mob massacre and is presumed dead. A month later a young black girl assumes the mantle of Punisher, rollerblading around in the signature skull shirt and a pink tutu, using heavily modified NERF-esque dart guns and other goofy looking kids toys that she made herself (because she's a super genius) to incapacitate criminals.
After she works her way up to becoming an Avenger it is revealed that it really is Frank. AIM/Hydra/whoever found his body, put his brain in a little girl and wiped his memories in a convoluted scheme to infiltrate the Avengers.

Yeah, that would ruin Avengers forever if it wasn't outside of continuity.

Isn't an RPG gonna like blow up or something? Ant-Man will die.

I'd tell 'em to go fuck themselves.

Frank realizes that HE is the killer villain man, and shoots himself

but then a magic character gives him a second chance at life, and he gets a gun that shoots non-lethal rounds, and stops wearing the skull because he is not the bringer of death

why would I write Frank go full retard

underrated post

The fact that Cap DIDNT like Wolverine for that reason used to be mentioned too. Cap even said once "Good thing the X-Men let you stay around because the Avengers would never have you"

can't be done

now the X-Men on the other hand

Frank scales easily; want him to fight hell? God gives him heaven bullets. No, really.

Want him to fight the Sentry? He's got some leftover skrull shit from their invasion. Simple.

>Want him to fight the Sentry? He's got some leftover skrull shit from their invasion. Simple.

He tried that once. Didn't work out too well.

>Frank discovers an abu ghrahib like underground prison holding inner-city ethnic youths prisoner, starving, electrocuting, raping, and beating them into submission. He traces the accounts that funded the prison, and the orders that staffed it with cops shuffled around for brutality and violence, to a local politician that's "tough on crime".
>She's a wizened old black lady that looks like Rosa Parks had a baby with Ghandi. When Frank confronts her, she isn't surprised. She had filled out all the orders, got the required permits, and even if the "detention annex" was not on any official listing it is still a lawful government installation. She can't be held responsible for what a few "bad eggs" get up to during a budget shortfall that prevents oversight. And in any case, what she is doing isn't any less extreme than what Frank himself does, only her kids are scarred for life and "scared straight" before they become bigger criminals, and instead of prison time she's worked out paroles for them if they confess and take a plea deal. Of course, if they violate those paroles, they then go to a private prison in which she owns a considerable off the books stake in through a third party.
>But everything she's done is legal. And she doesn't care for some hypocritical "white boy" to talk down to her, being no better than a murderer himself.
I'm thinking Frank shoots her and has just enough time to transmit her "confession" to Captain America before he's arrested by the Feds, who were already enroute. Cap manages to see Frank in jail and asks him two questions. First: Why him? Second: Why only wound the woman?
Because Cap always stands for the dream. And secondly: Death is too good for her. And with her confession in hand, Cap can ruin her politically, being a much more trustworthy source than him.
So Cap runs with Frank's plan. And instead of the needle, Cap wrangles a few favors to get a parole-deal for Frank to serve as a special reserve Avenger.

Got too long, but I'm thinking it'll be hell for Frank. Restricted to rubber bullets, confined to his cell, or whatever Avengers quarters are using at the time when not deployed, with no "extra-curricular" activities between missions. But after working things out they give him heavy and lethal weapons encased in Pym-particle shrunk capsules for emergency use ONLY, and specialized rounds that are still less-than-lethal but effective. And while he does feel the call to mete out punishment, he does so by showing his teammates whatever evidence he has assembled and tells them to their faces that there are people that need avenging NOW from threats that aren't Kang or Galactus. And like that, he has help in his own war on crime, even though his methods are restricted. Eventually they form an understanding and meet each other halfway as a team

Ok

Frank's redemption is being redeemed from the idea he's had that costumed heroes aren't part of the problem and ultimately a cancer on his war on crime, because they enable super crime.

Because of this, he manages to gain their trust and joins the Avengers and learn all of their secrets and then murders them all. He then puts some of his differences aside to put together a team of like minded individuals who are ok with getting their hands dirty, and they are dubed the All New, All Deadly Revengers.

Same questions could be asked about Cap

fpbp

>All that said, what the fuck is Frank gonna do against, say, Ultron?

Anything Black Widow could do

You are a scholar and a gentleman. This is beautiful

There is no way Frank can seduce Ultron. Widow can at least try and appeal to his Oedipus complex.

Quit.

Time travel, save family, shield recruits frank, train with cap, join avengers.

What exactly does he need redeeming for? Doesn't he kill major criminals? I can only support a guy who kills drug cartels

Sometimes Spidey can have a real Batman-tier no-kill hangup

>Frank's redemption is being redeemed from the idea he's had that costumed heroes aren't part of the problem and ultimately a cancer on his war on crime, because they enable super crime

If capes are part of the problem, how isn't he? Frank being a killer isn't any less enabling than some capes sometimes having a no-kill policy. Frank's been at it forever and there's still a fucking maggia.

Frank will kill them all until there is none left or he dies. Sure, we the reader, know this can never happen because if there are no villains there is no story, but Frank doesn't know that, only Deadpool knows that.

Frank's end goal is the death if all criminals.
without that he's not going to do what he does. you can't redeem him without losing his motivation

when Tony and Steve both kill when needed. they're not that far off from Frank to begin with
they probably would disagree with him about who deserves it but not methods

Oh, he certainly does. He's rescued Carnage, one of the biggest threats in Marvel, multiple times.

I feel like British Punisher from Champions is the closest to making that work.

>frank kills the guys that killed his family
>goes to prison for it willingly because JUSTICE
>gets out of prison as old man (after fucking up everyone who starts shit with him)
>nick fury gives him live long juice/he gets cosmic freebie somehow (something something honor morals)
>frank looks younger, takes on costume, nobody recognize him
>becomes non lethal cape
>frank be sad times remembering bulleting bad mens
>"c'mon frank lets punch stilt man"
>"sure thing spidey let's go!"

A redemption? My dear sweet boy, Frank doesn't want redemption, nor peace. All Frank wants is conflict, a never ending war, one which he deludes himself into thinking will finally kill him. Why I wouldn't be shocked if Death herself decided to take Frank's soul, and make him her herald upon his last day on Earth, Marvel's Spectre if you will. Frank Castle "died" the day his family did, and perhaps that part of him will find his family again one day. The Punisher only exists to bring death on those he judges guilty, not because he thinks its justice or right, but because it feeds a hole in him.

objectively is stupid, why would you save anyone with more than 10 kills under their belt they obviously have no issues with killing and with numbers like that they're likely to do it again.

For an unspecified reason Frank is has the Infinity Stones and Frank rewrite history so his family never died but his wife died through some kind of super villain bullshit pretty much becomes Red Hood but always uses rubber bullets and bullshit and not many people remember Frank before he turn back time not even himself and then just undo it like five issues later or someone else guess the Infinity Stones undo Frank change also when Frank is a superhero he should be like a single dad who is clearly grieving over his wife but has a shit together I think that would be interesting

>The Punisher verses The Marvel Universe.
I'd read something along those lines; Frank is tired of his war, tired of it never ending, and honestly begins to believe that if crime is to stop, the age of capes and costumes, of heroes and villains, must be culled. So he begins his war on a different set of criminals; the ones who wear costumes.

I can see it now.. Frank emerges at the last moment and wounds one of.. Say, Daredevil's villains, and Matt, grateful, says thanks for the save, but what's going on? Frank gives him some speel on how justice really is the courts, etc, etc, and Matt is glad to see Frank has changed his mind. Matt goes to wrap up things with the villain, and blam, headshot; Daredevil is fucking down. The villain sees this and is like, in awe, but Frank ends up killing him too.

It'd be a large scale 'whodunit' with Frank pulling all the strings and staging all the damage, both via misdirection and his own hands, by having heroes kill villains, villains kill heroes, heroes doing unheroic things, etc.

make it like Leon the professional but for Marvel Max, have him save child prostitute X-23 then fall in love with her. the 2 go out and take out street level crime.

hulk can't buttfuck frank's pussy

He doesn't need redemption.

I’d read it just for that

I thought Tony and Steve let Wolverine hang around to kill the person responsible for Avengers Disassembled, before the stupid Dr. Doom retcon, but when the found out Wanda was crazy on her own they just backed out.

Have him die saving someone instead of just trying to kill people.

Frank isn't a hero and there's no way to make him one without just completely ignoring that he kills random people whose crimes aren't really that bad since I doubt every mook or rando he kills has a 3+ body count.

1610 already did that

Very good.

it's not perfect, but with a competent writer and a slow build of trust in Frank, it might work as long as they give better arguments than "hur dur killing makes them win" vs "revolving doors and every future crime is on you" over and over again.