New symbtiote thread

all new all different edition

Merry Christmas, have a Carol.

Just like the bat family there is way too many symbiote characters now they need to cut back on it

Posting some random symbiote stuff from my phone

Why do you keep coming to these threads. They clearly aren't for you?

Also they did. There's like 3 active at the moment

Flash, Eddie, Cletus and Mania are the only concurrent symbiote users. The villain of the current arc will probably(hopefully) die.

I agree there’s kind of an oversaturation of symbiotes in a way though, the concept of “what if everyone got a symbiote?” needs to fuck off forever though

What are you talking about autist? This is the first thread I've been in. No where did I say I didn't enjoy it. Fucking weirdo

What? Venom, Agent Anti and Maniac are the only current active Symbiotes, while in the batfamily you have

Batman
Bat Woman
Harper Row
Spotlight
Tim
Dick
Jason
Damian
Catwoman
Batgirl
Spoiler
Cass
Iron Batman

I haven't caught up with current marvel I just remember when there was about 5 or 6 at a given time

Carnage hasn’t been seen since his ongoing ended last year. The alternate reality version that we saw in Venomverse doesn’t exactly count. If it did, then we’d have to add in all the alternate reality batmen from Metal

Too many symbiotes you say?

I'll admit my tism did flare up. But this was in the last thread so you can't blame.me too much i apologise symbiotefriend

Obligatory

Oh Flash, this is how you deal with guys like Jack

Hybrid was a good boy he didnt do nuthin', Eddie Brock is a bastard.

>Jack
For a moment I thought that was an RE7 reference, but I understand now, I’ve been playing that game in VR so I’ve got it on the brain. But while I’m on the subject, I feel like Ultimate Venom could have resulted in the same thing that happens in RE7.

Not Eddie's fault. I chose to ignore the book where a Catholic man becomes a born again Christian inexplicably. Bad writing gets everyone eventually

Didn’t Eddie take up Christianity because his terminal cancer just suddenly vanished one day with any actual reason as to why? It makes as much sense as him losing his faith after witnessing some kind of crazy Elder God enter reality because of Carnage

I mean the molded look like symbiote a lol anyway. So yeah I can see it.

>yfw good symbiote games never again

At least I have my shitty mobile drugs to sate me

The molded drop pretty damn easy, if they were actual symbiotes the Burner would be the best fucking weapon in the whole game. Thank god they’re not, because I honestly believe symbiotes would make that game a fucking nightmare.

Man, we’ll never get a horror survival game based on Conway’s Carnage comic, it’s perfect!

My point being he was already religous from day one. So a story about him "finding god" is silly and kinda offensive to the character

Based Blaze

Symbiote survival game could be neat. That or a slasher game like the Jason game. So one person is a symbiote and others run around using Sonics and fire to defend themselves

Who knows, Venom has always remained fairly popular even post 90s, if the new Spider-Man game series keeps going on I'm sure there will inevitably be a game focusing on symbiotes or at the very least Venom, and with the first ever Venom movie coming out, who knows, maybe it will be actually good and inspire a Venom video game

Be honest anons. Who here played prototype just to pretend to be a symbiote. I loved suiting up into armor mode and doing heroics.

I kinda want a more street level reboot. Less apocalypse more supervillainy shenanigans

Is that based brock getting shit done?

Oh fuck. Venom is a sony movie.
If they add playable venom to that new spiderman game for the movie release I am buying a ps4

It's ok I still love you

Yep Eddie does what flash wont.

It might be just because I’m neck deep in RE7 at the moment, but goddamn if I don’t want a survival horror game made from Carnage, the game could be split up into three parts
>part one involves you going through the collapsed mines, looking for Cletus who’ll occasionally jump out at you or something
>part two takes place on the boat and you have to fight off the smaller spawns that Carnage leaves behind
>final part you arrive on the island and have to fight your way through the frog ladies
That comic is the perfect storyboard for a game if you ask me

Some quality art from the twitters

It helps that Lucas really hits that crazy hick feeling

The dude who played him would make a great carnage voice

Why is Andi so lewd

Because shes a teen walking around in living body paint.

You are very right, damnit, this needs to be an actual game, I’m telling you it would be amazing, you’d have to play as a nobody though, same random agent working with Brock and the FBI. Do you know how cool they could make some of that shit look? Man, this sucks because I know we’ll never get it

I get triggered when Carnage's black bits are treated as just shading on the red rather than actually being red/black mixed together

Why is Andi x Flash the best ship?

Because of the overlap of hero/sidekick also being teacher/student is cute as he'll

That and flash is a good boy with a hard life and deserves love as much as poor lil andi

blame spider-man for making flash a No kill guy, He was read to rip carnage head off before he stepped in

So, Carnage is canonically a metalhead, so just for fun what music do you think the others would like based on their personalities? Obviously Mania is some kind of punk rawk dork, Flash I could see being one of those guys who listens to like Nickelback and Staind type crap, Eddie I have absolutely no clue....the guy is a weirdo in almost every aspect.

What would be the best symbiote series to read for someone looking to get into it?

The early Venom appearances in Spider-Man would probably be the best starting point, as it's literally the starting point and some pretty entertaining stuff. After that initial stuff, Maximum Carnage (hated for being too le 90s, but fun in it's own right and good for symbiote lovers) I would recommend, Venom Lethal Protector, and then the earlier Agent Venom stuff, that would give you a pretty decent understanding of the key players in symbiote nonsense going on today, and of course you could get into other stories from any of those

I feel like Eddie would either be a blues. Or cheesy 80s rock kinda guy. At least bagley era Eddie.

Flash is probably an edgy metal guy or his war buddies ribbed him hard enough to get a good taste in actual classic 70's metal or something

There's almost a 90% chance of Andi being into paramore or evenessance. Or whatever the hell high school goths of today listen too.

Why is she so perfect?

Mus protec

An user in the last thread asked what the symbiote felt like. Personally I always thought they felt like that one substance that’s normally a liquid but gets solid when pressure is applied

Newtonian fluid is what you ate looking for

I want to gently pat mania' s plush round ass

Ah yes, I imagine it feels like that.
Thanks for the help user

Does Eddie have funny moments in his current series? Silly Venom is best Venom.

Protip. Do not try to fuck it

I'd give that a hoo-ha
I miss fun eddie [\spoiler]

You mean this ass?

I think the current Venom series is pretty in line with how he was portrayed in his original anti hero days, a little silly, a little dramatic, and a little insane

perfect

Problem is that all of the symbiote users outside of Eddie and Cleatus have zero personalities.

I'd be OK with them killing Mania off and having Lee become the new Mania/Maniac if only because with Carnage gone, they need an evil symbiote and his butt-hurt over being stripped of the Venom symbiote at least gives him something resembling a personality/motive to arch Eddie.

Oh my. That would be the one
I want my face in there[\spoiler]

please tell the is/will be more[\spoiler]

Mania has much more personality than edgenmc imsocool. And more fans.

I want lee to be a recurring fuckstick that's constantly stealing and losing symbiote. After maniac I want him to steal toxin

Some dude from /toy/‘s Revoltechs

I can dig it.

First of all, Carnage is not gone, he just hasn’t appeared in anything after his solo ended, secondly, Flash has a lot of personality, you’d know this if you’d read Agent Venom, same with Andi and Tanis (Tanis has the least though).

>I'd be OK with them killing Mania off
Fuck off, Slott.

>revoltech anti venom and space knight never
I will never have my dream status quo. Immortalized in delicious Nippon plastic

Do you think Bunn might add her to the X-Men blue roster? They need a non-mutie to join the team, and she’s the only person in 616 that knows what the Poisons are, and, being a teen, she’s fit right in

>They need a non-mutie to join the team, and she’s the only person in 616 that knows what the Poisons are

A. not an X-Fag really, is having non muties on the team something they need to do or regularly do?
B. wait what, wasn't the Venomverse Mania not 616, I'm pretty sure it was 616 Eddie and everyone else was alternate universe

That would definitely get me reading xmen. But I feel it would be short loved. I don't know how xfans would respond to an extremely "oc donut steel" looking girl joining up. Unless they are so desperate for waifus over there they take her in

Actually it was 616 mania and everyone else was from other realities. Including carnage and eddie

Grorious Nippon prastic forded 100 times

How so though? Isn't the " her Venom" she's referring to here Flash Venom? As in, the alternate universe Flash Venom who actually still was Venom and who got killed in the story?

Is it was 616 Eddie we would have gotten some tie in issues in the main Venom comic, instead they were neck deep in the tail wnd of Land Before Crime and the start of Lethal Protector 2. Mania has never appeared in anything other than 616 so it’s a safe bet that she was the real Andi and not an Alt Reality version. It may not be the case, but it’s the impression I got.

In Venomverse Mania is from another similar universe, the only character in the entire event from 616 was Eddie

I’m pretty sure you e got that backwards, if I still had twatter id ask Bunn himself, but I don’t, anyone else wanna ask him?

It's a goddamn crime that we didn't get more of that flaming Toxin design, it was fucking radical and finally got a look that could be called iconic... then it turned into that cheap Agent Venom ripoff in the Carnage run.

It was 616 Eddie Brock we’re seeing the toxin parasites show up in his solo book in a few months to pick up from the cliffhanger Venomverse ended on.

Every character that isn’t Eddy Brock in Venomvese is a random parallel version of that character

I’m 100% certain of it, i don’t want to be rude but you must have missed an issue or something

Feel free to ask Bunn if you’d like

Eddie and Mania were both from 616 in venomverse

I mean I suppose there is no way to disprove your theory since the details of Venomverse have never been mentioned outside of the event itself....however, that doesn't make much sense to me, if it was 616 Andi, why would the story start with what seemed like 616 Venom (Eddie being Venom again, fighting Jack O Lantern who fought the previous Venom) getting sucked into another universe full of alternate universe Marvel characters, of which Flash and Andi are apparently counted among? If it was 616 Andi or intended to be, wouldn't it have started with her getting sucked to an alternate universe? It would seem that the alternate Flash was "her" Flash to me, which would also lend itself to the idea that she too is an alternate universe one, wasn't she upset when that Flash died? If she was 616, she would know it wasn't her Flash and that Flash wasn't Venom at the time anyway.

On top of that, it would seem to be a pretty strange choice to make it 616 Mania when they were all about promoting 616 Eddie at the time as the returning Venom, and in the process of being about to basically get rid of Andi as Mania for the Maniac bullshit

No really, what's te fucking deal with Maniac's ability to control other people? Maybe I missed something but I don't remember any symbiote capable of doing that shit, certainly not Venom or its clone at least.

Carnage doesn't count because that shit was literally magic.

Army training

Man, rangers are hardcore.

I like to believe that Eddie saw his design and thought “damn, that’s cool as fuck”

Naw man, I’ve got Venom on my pull list and collected Venomverse, there was nothing to imply that Eddie was from 616 and Andi wasn’t. At the end of the series we found out that the Poisons were going to start traveling the multiverse eating symbiotes. I guess this question will be answered when the Poison X crossover starts up. For now all we have is speculation. I’ve sent a message to Bunn after redownloading Twitter, so we’ll see what he says.

I just feel that if it was 616 Eddie it would have been mentioned in the main Venom comic, but it was completely ignored instead. As for Mania, aside from Bunn wanting to have her in another comic, I think she was added to remind fans about her before the Venom Inc crossover started so readers wouldn’t be like “who the fuck is this Sonic-Chu Venom?!” I know a few people who read Venomverse and had no idea who she was.

In a word filled with Mutants with mind controlling powers is it so unbelievable that the military would try and train soldiers to be able to resist that kind of thing? I’m not saying that it’s good writing, I’m just saying to consider the world that all this is taking place in

>Venompool
That will never not be a fucking retarded retcon. The only Venompool I accept is from the hypothetical What If.

It’s continuing in the main Venom book soon

This isn't about the Venom rape m8, it's about the entirely new power the symbiote developed under hiim.

Yea, but, as I had said, the Poison just started tracking through the multiverse at the end of Venomverse, so now they’ll be appearing in 616 soon. We’ll get a definitive answer once it starts up, if Eddie knows what they are then we’ll known it was actually him in Venomverse, and if not then he wasn’t. Simple

Stokoe’s was pretty cool

Man it doesn't matter, just a way for them to do their story.

Why the hell could Anti-Venom be made by spilling white shit on the symbiote? Wasn't it originally only happened because of an extremely specific (and some might even say contrived) series of events that involved Eddie Brock's own blood cells and Mr. Negative's powers?

Consider that Mania, I like Venom, was branded by the infernal hell mark thanks to the events of Circle of Four, being able to control someone with a weak mind doesn’t seem so far fetched, Hell Felicia was able to break free. Also in mind control is one the listed abilities, and I’m sure this was made years before Maniac came about, sadly I don’t know what run/issue that image comes from, but it seems to be exactly what Lee is doing.

Wait that was an actual retcon. Not a fun what if series. Fuck

During Wade’s Secret Secret Wars it was reviled that Wade put Venom on first and drove it insane before Peter wandered in and found it.

Fuck

Which completely fucks the Planet of the Symbiotes canon, as well as Bendis did with his Space Knight shit

It really saddens me how little respect the symbiote lore gets from Marvel writers, because he is a more modern character they just act like none of the canon matters since it's not from the fucking 60s