How America could still avoid a Trump Presidency

According to the Constitution, chosen electors of the Electoral College are the real people who will vote for president, when they meet on Dec. 19 in their respective state capitals.

However, there is nothing stopping any of the electors from refusing to support the candidate to whom they were bound or abstaining from voting.

There’s even a name for it: becoming a “faithless elector.”

nypost.com/2016/11/09/the-one-scenario-that-could-still-get-hillary-into-the-white-house/

would never happen lol, would spark REAL civil war

Good luck starting a civil war bro, I'm sure all those rural areas with more hand held firepower than the army will just let the people in charge ignore them completely because they're "uneducated bigots".

It's not a "civil war", dumbass. The electoral college is in the constitution.

Give it up.

It's over, deal with it.

Hoo boy, you're a retard.

It's called a threat.

You should work on your English paco. If the Electoral College does not pick Trump there will be a civil war.

These threads are the best, I love your suffering.

I'd probably take up armed resistance if this happened desu senpai

Down with the GOP

Do they want a Civil War?

Considering the following:
The middle class voted for trump
The everyday worker votes for trump
The people sick of the government voted for trump
The house is now republican
The senate is now republican
Everyone has 0 faith in the gov

If they seriously didnt cast the electoral votes for trump it would spark a nation wide conflict, russia has already saod that due to the election they want to rebuild ties with the u.s.

Politicians care more about not getting lynched than trying to get a crooked women in office

Pic related, this is who coted for trump

>However, there is nothing stopping any of the electors from refusing to support the candidate to whom they were bound or abstaining from voting.

If you people hate the Constitution so much, get the fuck out.

If they're okay with their properties being burned down & their family put in an eternal state of fear & government protection then by all means they could not support Trump that late into the transition.

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY YOUR ELECTORAL SYSTEM IS SO RETARDED THAT "GREAT ELECTORS" CAN TOTALLY DISREGARD THE VOTES AND ELECT ANOTHER PRESIDENT

I mean we know how many states each candidate won and tallied up the points, why the fuck are you waiting for Dec 19 so blokes can perform some fucking ceremony of pretending to choose their candidate?

It's sickening to share the country with people who hate the rule of law and the Constitution as much as you dipshits do.

Doesn't matter. Hillary already withdrew from the race and acknowledged Trump's victory.

Mm, the only thing that needs to get the fuck out are those chicken tendies you left in the microwave you asshurt cuckwad.

Last time i checked the constitution also outlines the framework for a democratic republic that is the u.s.a. the duty of the representatives is to vote in the interest of their constituants, even if they dont like it.

Last time i checked their is also something handy danfy called the second anmendment eich basically says arm yourself and btfo the gov if they stop representing you

>time to go back paco

jesus i want this to happen to see the butthurt on Sup Forums

this place would be extremely salty
salt mine

You appear to have "checked" the wrong documents, dumbass.

>the-one-scenario-that-could-still-get-hillary-into-the-white-house
kek, you have some desperate fuckers there burguers.

Who is that cute little state above Texas?

Ok but, she made her concession speech. By doing that, that means it's over.

What about Trump kicking the bucket before his inauguration? Am I incorrect in believing this would immediately lead to another election without the VP assuming power?

Broklahoma.

no, VP just takes over

I thought ctr got fired

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The electoral college was put into place in an attempt to limit the amount of influence average people had in an election. Instead relying on the "educated class" to pick what's best. The current shit show is a twisted bastardization of what was intended.

>The U.S. Declaration of Independence states that "when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government"

Right to revolution bitch. If the electorates refuse to represent what the people voted, then the US people will make them regret it.

it can't happen on top of her conceding the only state Trump has where it is not law to vote with the popular vote that MIGHT flip is Pennsylvania and he'd still win without it.

The VP takes over even if the Prez Elect wasn't sworn in? I see.

They aren't going to touch Trump. Pence wants to build concentration camps in their mind.

Oh boy, this would be amazing

>Hillary withdrew and has no means or support to do anything
>Electors go full cuck and elect her anyway
>Hillary, knowing what will happen to her, goes "nothx"
>Swift restoration of power, immediate and massive purge of leftwingingers, overhaul or the electrical system
>Protesting liberals cry in their own homes as citizens militia patrolling the streets shoulder to shoulder with the police and the army
>God-Emperor assumes the throne and ushers new age of unprecedented revival of the West not seen since XIX century
So shall it be

Either december 19th will be the the day the vote for trump or the day the get ropes

Its up to them

Slow and steady!

I'm calling it right now.

Trump's presidency will be aborted before inauguration.

Hillary will be handed the vote. It will be liberals biggest 'HAHA we always win in the end!' moment in history.

You know its true. Technically the majority of Americans voted for her. And that slightly higher majority is absolutely outraged about Trump winning, and is very very loud about it now. There is no way that won't sway things. You're a fool if you think Trump has won.
It saddens me greatly, but it will happen. People only want this democracy if it gives them what they want. If it challenges that, they cry to undo it.

All the electorates are chosen by the respective parties winner.

Anyone who thinks they would vote hillary is delusional

have we started the fire?

>hijack the election
>from a man who doesn't like losing and enjoys Army support
>his voters are white, hard working and armed
"go ahead, make my day"

Just look at county map, and then consider the fact that many Trump supporters are people with balls and guns as opposed to limp-wristed liberals who get a DOMS after lifting a spoon.
There's a reason this election wasn't rigged, because if it was things would get radical and they would hang from the lampposts. And then it would be a total defeat.

I have to completly disagree with you

She won the majority so far by less than 200k votes, al gore beat bush by over 500k votes and bush was still elected

The climate was not as volitile, but the matter of the fact is that it doesnt matter if she gets more votes, trump won by getting the states that mattered, he is prohected to get over 300 electoral votes, its not even close

The 5 stages of grief and loss are: 1. Denial and isolation
>i'm literally shaking
2. Anger
>FUCK WHITE PEOPLE WHO ELECTED LE RACIST CHEETO
3. Bargaining
>t-the electoral college can undo this!
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

This is just another stage lads, ignore it

Did you actually read that sentence, or just copy and paste it?

4.) Amy schumer hangs herself, many liberals and fags follow

>Right to revolution bitch.

Declaration of Independence =/= Constitution.

What do you suppose "a well eegulated militia, becessary to the security of a free state" meens?

Are they gonna keep the state fed by holding bake sales?

Yes, that sentence says that right to bear arms shall not be infringed, and gives a good reason for it (militia).

Wrong. Dems are the ones with the nukes. You hillbilly rednecks will get nuked back to the stone age.

(You)
>lol checkmate fags, the law says you cant do something so i know noone will do it, better luck next time

That would spark a revolution senpai.

Are you even trying at this point? You seriousky think that the u.s would nuke its own soil? It would become an internstional crisis at that point and the world powers would come together to "rescue americans" from their out of control government

You are a special kind of retarded

"right to bear arms" =/= right to overthrow the government

If you don't like a part of the Constitution, work to pass an amendment. Don't riot in the streets like savages.

Ready to die, bitch boy?

If you hate the Constitution so much, get the fuck out.

No joke, lol

Hillary dropped out. She conceded. She is no longer in the running. Even if every single elector decides they don't want trump, he is the only candidate.

Actually, did Gary Johnson or Jill Stein concede yet? Could you fucking imagine the butthurt if one of them became president due to elector fuckery?

"Hurr durr the second ammendment is for hunting" go be a retard somewhere else.

Daily reminder the only rights you have are the ones you can enforce yourself, through violence or threat of.

Concessions are not legally binding, so you can forget about that loophole.

I fail to understand you. Trump won legally and legitimately. Only ones who would rebel in this case are his opponents.

I never even used the word "hunting", you fucking idiot. Try again, troll boi.

False. Reread the OP and the Constitution.

Jesus fucking christ. The second ammendment exists to put down corrupt politicians, or ones that willfully misrepresent thei constituents. How do you think we became a nation anyway fuckwit? The militia is any able bodied man between 17 and 50 or somewhere in there. Regulated means well maintained, not regulated by the government. Get fucked.

Dear whiny butthurt unamerican leftists,

Please, please, PLEASE let some implausible happening occur that keeps trump out of the white house. I promise we will make every single right wing gestapo deathsquad nightmare you have look like a day at the park. We will drag you out of your homes at night, along with your families. We will load you in trucks, drive out into the country and dump you in mass graves. We will genocide the ghettos. We will execute democrat politicians. The police will not stop it, the military and national guard will not stop it. Many of them will be among us.

Or you can accept the election results of our Constitutional Democracy, stop being hysterical children and assume your roles as our countrymen.

Different opinions are great. Subversion of our Republic is a death sentence.

t. A very average and generally open minded American

In your dreams, dumbass.

She conceded dude. It's no contest now. He's literally the only one on the ballot

That's why I said "legitimately". And besides state laws regulate electors. I believe that in many states electors have to follow what population decided.
Besides, laws are one thing, and reality is another thing. And reality is that any compulsion by anti-Trump block would be met with fierce resistance, most probably violent.
So no, Trump is president, deal with it.

Well since you are clearly the superior intellectual opponent here explain what the second ammendment. You brilliant fucking scholar you.

You're the one who is rejecting the Constitution and the rule of law. But bring it, pantywaist. You will get nuked to oblivion.

Can they change their vote? If so, there is hope for the true winner of this election.

Its gunna be a cuck fest of liberal tear shedding and protest untill dec 18th lads the meme war is not over yet ... but after dec 18th we can fire up the ovens and purge our great nations of all the leena dunhams and thier ilk .

>riot in the streets like savages

Oh you mean the millennials that did that right after trump was elected?

Riddle me this
>students throwing a tantrum because they never believed in democracy
vs
>republicans and the forgotten majority who exorcised their democratic rights

I wonder who would get BTFO in a fight

Wrong. Concessions are not legally binding, so you can forget about that loophole.

What do you do as a profession?

ugh... trigger safety man...

>I know better than legal experts with decades of experience
Okay buddy. Someone give him that pic that deconstructs that sentence.

Right now liberals care about the consistution. Eye roll

It would take to many of them to rebel and if they did it would be literally civil war

Post yfw all electors vote Jeb!

the increasingly nervous man strikes again

He has to be b8ing. Nobody is that stupid. Maybe hes just new here and hasnt been run into the fucking ground getting BTFO every time a 2A thread comes up.

Funny I didnt hear you crying when Romney got the popular vote. What's that? It only matters when you lose?

Kill yourself.

Low quality lib bait. Come on man, is this what those 3 degrees taught you?

Do you know the minimum width an oak branch needs to be to support the average weight of a human? The electors would find out real quick if they went faithless and knocked Trump out of the seat. It would spark a massive uprising.

We love this country. We want to make it great. We voted trump in constitutionally - if the electoral college goes against this, the entire system would be outed as a sham.

People would hate that.

Hahaha whos going to do the nuking oh enlightened one?

>rule of law
You think the people who wrote the Constitution gave a fuck about the British law?

illegals, vote rigging, dead people

Actually, no. The army also voted, you know... AT LEAST ~50/50 (but I think it was more like 80/20 in Trump's favour) guess what those people are going to do in the face of an unconstitutional coup'd'etat? (whatever, they will call it like that anyways)..

source on romney winning popular vote?

Obama got 4,982,291 more votes than Romney, asshat.

you lost,we won
get over it

The Constitution is not a "sham" - you sick fuck.

> t. sore loser

Sorry, that will never happen. They aren't as stupid as you are. :^)

Fucking nuke them then. Everyone would fucking see the US as monsters, even the kebab Cock swallowing Eurotrash and the demiqueers here.

No he didn't.

Vaia con dios hermano.

Can they all just vote for Bernie Sanders? Wouldn't mind that happening, the only reason I'll choose Trump is that Hillary is there, if it was Bernie vs. Trump, it's Bernie for me.