Which episode does /co think caused Moral Orel's cancellation?

Which episode does /co think caused Moral Orel's cancellation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jue7BG0zVwI
youtube.com/watch?v=S_EMrL7D3SA
youtube.com/watch?v=30R3C3FFRE8
youtube.com/watch?v=WNdpFnBsBNI
youtube.com/watch?v=Yho8QQMhppo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nature? I thought that was common knowledge, they cut s3's episodes to 13 instead of 20 after that

It was the episode that was about rape,abortion and motherhood.It's called "Alone".

What happened in that episode?

Nature prompted Season 3, but the darkest episode that caused the cancellation was later. On adultswim it was even subtitled "The final nail." as reference.

shit got real

Morel Orel got me into the mountain goats,so I have to be contrary to be the prevailing opinion their involvement got the show cancelled. In fact I think they are just a bunch of scapegoats

Probably the closest Adult Swim ever came to art. Not surprised it cost them the show. That episode was outstanding, truly shocking in a manner that Family Guy reruns cannot stand beside.

The last two episodes of season 2 and all of season 3 were fucking godlike. Best show they ever made and probably ever will make (though hopefully they can surpass it).

>bu-but muh rick and morty!!!

I mean I like Rick and Morty a lot but it just isn't as good. It can't decide how serious it wants to be and seems to be afraid to treat its own continuity with respect.

this
I really enjoyed how moral orel dedicated entire episodes o minor side characters who weren't supposed to care too much about it just makes for good worldbuilding

youtube.com/watch?v=jue7BG0zVwI

Alone did it.

Their ears look weird.

Supposedly it was the combo of Numb and Alone, both contained graphic content and focused on women, which I think makes it "worse" for s&p and Lazzo.

Dino said in an interview that a script for an unmade episode called "Raped" caused the cancellation. It was about the teacher discovering that her aborted baby had a twin still alive inside of her.

It was Alone, but i personally think Numb carries a bigger punch

Numb and Alone.

Then the script for Raped

Mike said he cancelled it because he hated seeing Orel in an abusive environment

They also mentioned in a bumper that it's probably their smartest show

This is a super depressing thing I have only just realised but having been watching moral orel this Christmas (a regular Christmas tradition) I am suddenly feeling empathettic towards Clay.
I'm a suicidal alcoholic who has just left a 10 year relationship with my childhood "sweetheart" and the mother of my child.

Suddenly I have realised why MO HAS always held a soft spot for me over bojack and Rick and Morty. Being human is literally the fucking worst. Sorry for being a drunk whiney birch Sup Forums I promise I'll go back to lurking when inm sober, if I'm sober .

I personally think Venture Bros is better, but Moral Orel has a stronger start and if it had a longer airtime like Venture Bros I would say it’s their best.
But that’s just completely opinion based.

I'm pretty sure Lazzo wants to revive this now. I mean he gave Dino that special in 2012 (and didn't give him a series for some reason), but now Moral Orel plays every weeknight, even Season 3.

jesus christ dude, have your purge now, but after, leave this damn children's board and go be there for your kid.

Tumblr ears

The first one. It was always shit.

...Fuuucking hell.

Oh hey,this episode is on tonight.

Jesus Christ. Even more disturbing is it still tries to tell jokes in the middle of this.

Honestly don't know how Orel didn't straight up try to murder his father in his sleep after this.

Because Orel isn't a bad person

Yup, he's a stupid one.

> and didn't give him a series for some reason

probably because Dino was working on Frankenhole at the time.

I've seen people post that Lazzo did offer him another series but something in the same vein as season one, which Dino didn't want to do.

I tweeted at Dino back when Beforel Orel aired, asking if they would do a sequel series or anything like that, he basically said that Adult Swim wasn't interested in Moral Orel post-Nature, they wanted funny.

This was five years ago, so. They could've changed their mind.

Rick&Morty and Bojack's runaway popularity is obvious people like bleak animation now, but Moral Orel at least had an endpoint in mind with its black humor.

Yeah my mouth was agape when I saw this

Was literally this episode.

watching now. funny how it took this long for anyone outside Orel to notice Shapey was misplaced.

jesus

mountain goats? wasnt that weird al?

>tfw your father goes to prison the same year these episodes came out.

Nope it was mountain goats as sson as this episode ended i searched them on YouTube.

Bloberta's range of expression during this expression is almost arousing.

People actually like this trash?

How fragile are you?

My favorite [as] show. Aqua Teen, Rick and Morty, and 12oz. Mouse come soon after. I wish more shows were like this. Just unafraid to show how bad the world can really get.

christians are easily triggered.

You can have gut-splattering cartoon violence, rape and dead fetus jokes all you like, this stands alone as the single most unsettling thing I've ever seen in a cartoon.

Jesus fucking Christ.

the bugs sticking to Clay really top it off honestly

Bloberta was a worse person than Clay.

You know what I like about this scene?

Clay actually is telling the truth, the only reason why Orel's mom married him is because so she feels validated by Orel's grandmother. Seriously, that episode just shows that Clay is telling the truth for himself. He became a drunkard because his wife basically caused a shit marriage.

Mang, I also got into Mountain Goats because of Morel Orel. Fucking sweet song for that episode.

>He became a drunkard because his wife basically caused a shit marriage.
That's not true, he was messed up from his dad blaming his mom's heart attack on his prank. Bloberta was a shitty person, but she didn't break Clay. She was just his longest-running excuse.

He atleast seemed like he was attempting to do well before he met her. The only reason why they met was because he wanted to go to church and he did not realize there was a wedding happening.

>Mang, I also got into Mountain Goats because of Morel Orel. Fucking sweet song for that episode.
Funnily enough, Mountain Goats also did a cover of a song from another Sup Forums series. And it's The Land Before Time of all things.

>youtube.com/watch?v=S_EMrL7D3SA

>I don't know what's the big deal. It just seems like the drunken rambles of a horrible fa... HOLY FUCK HE SHOT HIM

I need to start watching Morel Orel again. I was going to binge watch it but stopped around the middle of season 1.

>15
>AS runs marathon of season 3 on New Years Eve 2009
>"Not this dumb claymation show."
>hours later
>me at 3 AM

Triggered my atheist phase desu

>but stopped around the middle of season 1.
You missed the bests parts then, season 1 and parts of season 2 are just there to lull you into a false sense of security before getting into the real shit. It's actually pretty crazy how much of the stuff is foreshadowed, upon re-watching the series you'll pick up on a lot of stuff that makes season 1 especially creepy. One thing I remember being particularly interesting is the season 1 episode in which the ice cream van guy is trying to get the little kid to get in his van by giving him jewelry and what not but the kid instead gives it to his crush, the classroom teacher, at the end of the episode he is arrested and this is played for laughs but later we find out that the ice cream man raped the teacher and in fact she had some conflicting feelings about him, she was so terrified by the encounter that she now has several locks on the door but expresses almost sexual feelings when recalling parts of the ordeal. Looking back on the episode one wonders whether or not the only reason she accepted the presents from the kid in the first place was specifically because they were coming from the ice cream man, since he wasn't arrested until that season 1 episode it means she had already been raped by him but had not been arrested yet. There's a lot of shit like that throughout the series when you go back to the first two seasons.

>"This might sting a little"
>commits unforgivable act of neglect
Subtle.

Oh I know it gets better in Season 3, I just had other stuff I needed to do at the time so I ended up just dropping it there. I'll definitely pick it up again in the future.

Wasn't there an episode of Orel raping every woman in town or something? How did they get away with that?

Nature? Not by a long shot. Adult Swim liked Nature so much that they requested the whole next season be dark. By the time they got to seeing Alone they realized that they should be more careful with what they wished for and decided to end it sooner than expected. Damn shame too. Alone freaked me the fuck out.

anybody watch this?
youtube.com/watch?v=30R3C3FFRE8

youtube.com/watch?v=WNdpFnBsBNI

Found it. Could they even show this one anymore?

Will [as] ever even air a show like this again? Nothing else I've seen from them gets remotely as dark. I'd imagine doing so wouldn't attract viewers like R&M did or whatever, so that's a shame.

>Whatch ya gonna make?
>My delicious glaze
>Hmm, are you gonna make mommy something nice
Lord have mercy

>Could they even show this one anymore?
I'm pretty sure most of season 2 and 3 couldn't be made today, a prime example is this one
youtube.com/watch?v=Yho8QQMhppo

Kino isn't marketable user.

I honestly wonder who are the people who stuck around after season 1? I got sick of the same joke again and again. It took a lot of convincing from other anons on this board for me to check out the rest of the series. I never recommend shows where you have to watch like 10 episodes before it gets good apart from Morel Orel

I AM DROWNING

So is every authority figure 8n this show a worthless stupid cunt?

Not really an authority figure but Stephanie is good

Jesus.

THERE IS NO SIGN OF LAND

Are the drama elements in Rick and Morty just Dan Harmon trying to emulate Dino, the man he will never be as good as? I see they do panels alot together.

The kid's reactions could have been better. Came out more like slapstick.

Jesus.

What the hell is up with "they wont make that" meme,Because it's not true at all

These episodes get shown all the time around 1-2 am.

still great

I mean they did later put out S5 of Samurai Jack which wasn't explicitly "funny" as its primary focus, but that was for Toonami and was infinitely safer than Moral Orel (at least post S1).

he said in an interview about two years ago that Lazzo wants to do another season but only if it's in season 1's tone, and Dino mentioned he only wants to do stuff similar to season 3.

Reverend Putty and Stephanie aren't bad people, just flawed.

probably.

It also explains Anamolisa, which Dino and Dan produced together.

obviously the abortion one with the coat hanger

Rick and Morty gives broken people a pair of nihilistic goggles to project their brokenness onto some vague transcendence through "knowledge." Moral Orel just reminds broken people of how broken they are.

only Scott Adsit could pull this off

Considering Adult Swim's current lineup, I'd say that's still the case. The only action block is Toonami, but it can struggle to pull in ratings, and will likely continue until they improve the lineup. They should also look into funding a few of their own shows for the block.

BASED Greek Show.