Controversial opinion thread

The show was better than both of the movies.

Why is Yzma still in the line of succession? Kuzco's had plenty of time to let everyone know he fired her.

And who's running the kingdom while he's in school?

It was fun finding out Kronk comes from a line of cannibals.

If you're going to start a thread about controversial opinions, sohuldn't you post one?

There's a simple explanation:
BAD WRITING.

I mean, the movies didn't have Malina...so I don't disagree.

This show is nowhere near as good as the movies
Having said that, I still like it

Kronk's movie is better...THERE I SAID IT!

Is this controversial?

I thought it was widly considered better than the movies, The show was great user.

Steven Universe isn't as bad as people make it out to be. The off-model issues also rarely bother me, and the main episodes that deserved the most criticism for their boards were Helen Jo episodes in the early seasons as those were straight up awful.

I also mostly blame Cartoon Network's bomb format for the pacing issues. As it made the crew change the way the show was written to match these bomb formats, leading to loads of townie episodes being shown in a row, rather than things being spread out better

I really liked the show, it really spotted on the characters and worked great with them

The timeline of the show confused me as a child. If this show take place before the movie the why Kuzco know Pacha? If after the movie then why Kronk still working for Yzma, why Yzma doesn't have cat tail as in second movie and why Kuzco is still a dick?

The series was developed by the people who did the first movie. Kronk’s New Groove was done by people who had nothing to do with the first movie. I’d say that Kronk’s New Groove is not canon and New School comes after the first movie.

I didn't know this show existed until years and years after it ended

what did it even air on?

But even if it comes after the first movie, why would kuzco not have Yzma immediately exiled or something? I could also be forgetting if in the show he has no idea she’s around.

Disney Channel

IDK. Maybe he lost the power as emperor when he was forced to go to school. Or she has immunity from that being in line for the throne and all.

I feel like the "barneyfag" buzzword is a stupid, Sup Forums level insult to something a few people don't like.

I think cartoonfags, of all people, should understand that some people are going to like something that you don't like.

Why is my children's show any different from yours?

I just realized it has the same plot of my boss my hero but instead of a yakuza he's the emperor of the olmecs? aztecs?

Incans

damn!

Rick & Morty is not that deep or meaningful and it's just the rants of two depressed old men trying to be "edgy", too bad because Royland did a great job with Lemongarb and Community was great on its first three seasons

I remember it was pretty enjoyable as a kid but it's been a long time since I've seen it. I need to sit down and watch a few episodes sometime.

On another note, what's up with all the needless spam on Sup Forums? Some spergs get set loose or something?

There’s actually an episode where Kuzco does fires Yzma. But at the end he keep her because her replacement was a bane for him

Shrek should've fallen instead of treasure planet

The show just didn't give a fuck about continuity. Or being clever since 90% of the jokes were literally recycled from the movie (shoulder angels, panning out to the monkey and bug, pulling the lever, etc.)

>final episode
>Kuzco turn to Malina
>"wait, the show's about to end and we haven't gone on a date yet! Pacha, you're in charge of the episode, we're leaving!"
That show could be pretty damn clever from time to time.

Bump

um user, that's not controversial. people like that show.

She's a big girl

You can say it. But I'm sure even you don't believe it. What a basic, cliche sitcom plot.

>that time kronk narrated the end credits on how a show is made
>says the guy who does nothing to help the show is the executive producer

I didn't even know they made a sequel to the movie.

Show is better.

Dreamworks movies are better when they follow off of the animated series but not be directly related. That’s why Madagascar 3, How to Train your Dragon 2, and Kung Fu Panda 2 were really good movies while Penguins just felt like a really long episode

Steven Universe episodes are better making fun of their own characters than making them justified

Sponge Out of Water is right next to the original movie and would’ve easily beaten it too if Plankton’s development wasn’t reversed at the end

The only thing I remember from the movie was laughing at Kuzco's cameo.

But it had a good soundtrack, and they snuck some shit past the censors.

People saying Old Family Guy was more genuine are full of shit, it was equally just as bad, if not worse with the cuts

Rick and Morty is still yet another victim of the “I hate it when it’s popular” mentality. Retards are everywhere but show up more often when anything is popular, this is especially also true with Steven Universe despite the lesbian Boogaloo.
What I’m saying doesn’t excuse terrible episodes though from both shows

Bonus: Out of Sup Forums opinions

Gurren Lagan is overrated, not bad, but exaggerated for nothing

Despite people complaining so much about Futa presence, /d/ actually has the worst variety of them

Ace Attorney is only getting better and anybody shitposting about the large cast can suck my dick

>Shit opinion thread
Why tho

Well let me try, what shit opinions do I unironically have

Denny's has some pretty ok food

I took it the same way Disney's Hercules had a series.

It's an alternate telling of what happened, like a longer telling of how Kuzco went from Spoiled to Kind.

>I feel like the "barneyfag" buzzword is a stupid, Sup Forums level insult to something a few people don't like.
... That's because it is.

Unless you mean using it against Lee, in which case go fuck yourself Lee

I don’t understand the hate with Shadman’s art, not counting the pedo aspect, I’m talking about the actual art

His Futa is pretty great

Ren and Stimpy is shit, John K. is a hack. Being the forerunner doesn’t make something good.

Sometimes you just need to send a few shitters through the minefield so everyone else can cross.

It's not meant to be deep. It's meant to be funny, at least it used to be anyway.

He needs to lay off the migrane-vision thing he's been fond of lately.

For Kuuuuzco