What are some books that would make for great comics/cartoons Sup Forums?

What are some books that would make for great comics/cartoons Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

joshwongart.com/projects/6602724
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Easy one's off the bat.
The Harry Potter series of course is an untapped market.

But for less faggy folk, a song of ice and fire is also ripe and ready to go. The world is pretty much built and just need exploration. The Hedgeknight comics were ahead of their time in my opinion.

But I'd like to emphasize that they should revolve on their strategic and tactical aspect of fighting wars and defeating brigands, not so much on adventuring.

This would be amazing as a 12 episode Jaunt through the first book. If it sells well then they can do a season 2.
I vote to cast Tim Curry as Korrigan, his zombie voice is amazing in the sabriel audiobook. Also consider Hexxus (fern gully).

Tim Curry had a stroke.

He played Auntie Whispers after his stroke

After hearing you say that I had a heard attack.
Can he still act at all?
I don't want to lose another entertainer like that, we've already lost Lemmy Killmiester, David Bowie, Ronnie James Dio, Snape.
I just know Stan Lee is mocking me with every clean breath he draws through those cracked dentures.

Wicked.

Stormlight Archive. I can see this being a successful Netflix animated show/animated series of movies.
>alien fantasy world
>giant sword fights
>character drama
>Shallan Davar's ass

Hell man, you mentioning that series reminded me to check on it and led me to finding out a new one had been released. Thank you.

I listened to that too i couldnt picture a talking cat with any other voice

Holy shit, Worm was made for a Sup Forums adaptation.

If you hated Amaram, you'll like this book.

>the city is drowing
>drowing
Did the Underdark get flooded or something?

>mmmmmmMogget
I love the way he says it.
Sab-re-eL
He needs to do more audio books before he inevitable dies

That is a gorgeous fucking picture

The Edge Chronicles

....don’t look up any pictures of him, it’s pretty sad.

The Arabian Nights still has a lot of untapped material, I think the history of the hunchback is ripe with immaculate cartoon short subject plots

Why didn't I listen to you?
Fuck. I'm glad he could do some stuff in OtGW but fuck. He was a legend I suppose.

Those percy jackson mythology novels seem like they would adapt to cartoons nicely and I am a sucker for magic/mythology in animation. Bonus points if Disney makes it, double bonus points if its 2d.

It's hard to ask for more divine comedy since we already have some Sup Forums related content there (big mention to inspirational includes like Over the Garden Wall) but I really want an animated movie that isn't Sup Forums or paper cutouts.

For personal reasons I would really dig a Blood Meridian comic, whether it could adapt well I don't know.

Yeah, I feel so bad for him.

>bonus points if disney makes it
They own the rights to the series. Even the new books have disney on the spine, but I’m not 100% sure what that means.

Any of Tamora Pierce's Tortall books, really. Goodness knows we could use more low fantasy stuff.

By the way, Keladry>>>Alanna>Daine>Beka>>>>>>Aly.

You're free to disagree, but you'd be incorrect.

Dune.

Totally agree, just finished the new book a couple days ago.

Holy FUCK

Book of the New Sun would make a fairly good episodic cartoon with an overarching plot, I think

The netflix series a shit.

I liked it since it was a lot more faithful than the movie. The only thing that would really make it better is if they replaced they took on the set design and Jim Carrey from the movie.

This would be pretty good depending on the studio and talent involved.

Lot more where that came from, one dude drew up concept art of a Sabriel animated movie and included just about every major aspect of the books from all the prominant characters to several locations to all the various outfits and equipment Sabriel uses
joshwongart.com/projects/6602724

I fucking LOVE the books

I hate the take on Count Olaf in every other media. He should be menacing. He's willing to murder people to get their fortune. He shouldn't be so fucking goofy.

YES MOTHERFUCKER YES. ABARAT NEEDS TO BE ADAPTED.

>people like Sanderson

The fuck is wrong with you?

I've heard rumors this is being adapted again finally? The first time was...well they shouldn't have bothered putting songs in it.

Fuck me, I haven't read Dune in ages.
1st pic from left to right:
The prince that's a cunt enough to make Paul start a jihad, and next to him is his worthless brother, the brute or some such and then the ol' baron of gofuckyourself.
Who are the other 3? I guess the far right is one of those badass prison-born soldiers?
2nd pic: Oh, that fremen who was a total bro, through and through, he watched Paul walk into 'certain death', before the children of Dune started. No idea who's in the middle. Is that the one dude Paul kills directly in his childhood? Chani, and no idea who the other two are.
3rd pic: Far left is the doctor that betrays them for his wife? No idea who's grumpy face, there's Gurney, hard to forget him. Then that's Idaho with the grumpy face, or the young kid with the knife? The ol' hag, and his parents.

Could someone help identify them?

I read the first book halfway through, and lost interest. Does it get better or something? I'm not dissing, it's just not my cup of tea, and I'm curious if it turns into something different later on

This is an amazing level of detail and thought put into this. Guessing it just stayed as a pitch?

Was never pitched unfortunately, apparently part of a porfolio to apply for an art college

Oh thank fuck, it's not just me. I forced myself through the first two Mistborn books, and it was not worth it. It's bad enough that pacing is juuust slow enough to be grating, but the story insists on jumping between wildly different POVs, only one of which is ever interesting. Vin is clearly the main character, but it's like Sanderson will randomly get bored and cut to one of like two or three other protagonists the reader doesn't care about. Plus, there's always redundant scenes that accomplish nothing but to waste time.

These books hurt, yo. I can't bring myself to do the third one.

The Alchemist perhaps?

He can't walk, but he can still voice act.

If I had to venture a guess, From left to right

Feyd Rautha, The Beast Rabban, Baron Harkonnen, Piter DeVries, I have NO fucking clue, and maybe a Sardukar

Stilgar, Paul as Muad'ib, Chani, Alia, and Jessica as a Reverend Mother

Doctor Yueh, Thufir Hawat, Gurney Halleck, Paul Attredies, Reverend Mother Gaius Mohaim (and that's a huge assumption based only the box), Duke Leto, and the Lady Jessica

cast aspersions upon me, but whenever I visualize, Dune, I see David Lynch's.

>a lot more faithful than the movie
It's basically a reboot of the series trying to make it more in line with the plot developed later on, which practically ruins what that plot is. I understand that without that, the first five books are kind of standalone misadventures, but because you have that kind of time to allow the children to miss their parents naturally, it make the conspiracy coming out of nowhere so much more interesting, especially since the backwriting to explain possible plotholes just makes more sense. You need the children to be able to idolize their parents before such a big secret is dropped on that image, and having them question their parents from the getgo of their deaths is so unbecoming.

The only thing the show adapts faithfully is surprisingly the red-herring subplot with the parents.The movie may have spun its own thing but it implied a greater stretch of machinations and layers to Olaf's schemes that felt in-line with the books' conspiracies.

Also, Carrey Olaf is just infinitely better than NPH because Carrey has more range than "semi-smug".

I always thought the PJO series would work well. Fast-paced plot and likable characters will make it fit in nicely.