Did you know there are "fascist" cartoons for small children

>Parents like to see themselves as purveyors of possibility. We want our children to inhabit a world in which identities are both mutable and equal, and imagination and empathy reign supreme!

But young children, as dictated by their tastes in popular culture, have something else in mind. They're drawn to worlds in which identities are fixed, order trumps imagination and transgressions are met with routine punishment.
This clash between what parents desire for their children and what children desire for themselves is most easily observable in cartoon preferences. So often, the more parents dislike a show, the more their children love it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PxN223SOo0g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>"Thomas," the long-running television franchise about a group of working trains chugging away on the Island of Sodor, has been called a "premodern corporate-totalitarian dystopia" in the New Yorker, imperialist and sinister in Slate, and classist, sexist and anti-environmentalist in the Guardian. And yet people -- presumably parents -- spend $1 billion on "Thomas" merchandise every year.

They know how they can make this boring show look fun.

>Children's cartoons are fascist propaganda
Who the fuck wrote this, Jonathan McIntosh?

Do these people look at "perfect little town where everyone helps each other" cartoons and praise them for introducing children to the "wonders communism" too?

Fucking spoiled children in adult costumes.

>transgressions are met with routine punishment
Obviously they've never seen an episode of Paw Patrol. No one ever gets punished for anything, especially the crooked mayor.

Its why I hate when my niece watches the cartoons with competition. The villain is always a cheater to drive home "Cheaters never win", but they never do anything about it. Each episode, those fuckers are back, cheating away. Fuck you, Blaze, that blue fucker should've been barred day one.

They think "play by the rules" is fascist.
The problem is small kids like order. They try to make sense of the world and structure is fun to them. They can't learn anything from confusing stuff.

Life isn't perfect, children need to learn that if you do bad things, punishment will come. You're not always going to get away with a simple sorry.

>"Paw Patrol" is equally polarizing. The show, about a group of rescue dogs led by a boy named Ryder, is a regular source of complaint among parents and of adoration among their kids.
Buzzfeed called the show "terrible" and pointed to instances of gender and social inequality that go unchecked on the show. In the Guardian, Ryder is described as a megalomaniac with an implied "unstoppable God complex."

This article is gold. So much hatred about nothing.

>gender and social inequality
Because Skye and snowdog are the only girls on the team? Isn't the 'girls are less important' argument undercut by the mayor being a lady?

I didn't know they still played Wacky Races.

You know (((who))).

>"I watched 'Paw Patrol' once with my daughter, and on that episode, Skye volunteered for a mission, but then Ryder picked two male pups," said Rebekah Pajak, a mother of a 2-year-old and a 1-year-old in Chicago. Skye is the only female in the core team of six rescue pups on the show. "I remember thinking, 'There's a glass ceiling in this cartoon!'

>Literally who, with retarded and outrageous opinion
>Posted here for obvious bait
Your either looking to stir the pot or are the writer of said horse shit either way OP takes faggot of the day on Christmas no less. Stop being retarded and visit your family

>they only now noticed it

>t-they're not THIS stupid right?
>they're just devoid of any creativity and have to find SOMETHING to write about, r-right?

The real question is why the US live action bumpers had George Fucking Carlin as the Conductor. I mean he did a good job but where do you even get that idea?
Now Ringo was basically born for that role.

>Literally who who writes for CNN
>That's what they think their target audience wants to read.

I didn't know the other threads on Sup Forums are super relevant. So stop being retarded and visit your family, fellow user.

This reminds me of when P4K published that 'Unbearable whiteness of indie' piece.
At any point anyone could have told this person that they were crazy, but somehow no one ever did

CNN's audience is a bunch of mouth breathing retards, so yes, this is the kind of shit they like to read.

Can anyone say what happened in that episode?
Never watched the show.

Man I just wish, I could take one of those western leftist with rich parents, and take them to live with me for a year or two, in the 70s or 80s. Fuckers would have to grow up real fast, and when they felt some real communism in action they asses would be sore. I remember when I came to UK in the 90s,although just for 2 years, the female teacher tried to give us that communist crap, when me and the other communist expat kids told her about birch syrop instead of real medicin etc she called us all liers, and called our parents. And then a fun thing happened. All our moms, got so pissed they beat the shit out of her, and because unlike westerners, we know how to beat someone up that it hurts but doesn't leave marks outside, she couldn't even call police. Left work next day, and we got a pensioned teacher instead of here. A dude way past his 60. Best teacher I have had. Let girls do what ever they wanted to do. talked with boys about wars, showed us how to make trip mines, or how you efficiently put someone to "sleep". Dude was great. Died when we were in our 20s, and people came to his funeral from different countries, including me .

We've had this thread already, did we not? PAW Patrol is cute to me, anyway.

Not everyone read all threads and you can't respond to a dead thread.

I'm of the exact opposite opinion. I like that these shows even have someone who is a straight up asshole that never learns their lesson, but the Paw Patrol keeps helping them anyway. Gotta help people no matter what, even if they're ungrateful assholes, you should still help save their kittens if they're in danger.

The nice mayor, the crooked mayor and the marine biologist are the only characters that make the show bearable. I wish I could fucking trash Marshall out of the show.

Theraputic Beatings need to be reintegrated into society.

So this is liberal version of "Pokemon and Harry Potter teaches kids satanism"

I think it is important for females. Dudes always are in risk that, if they act like A-holes, someone will fuck them up. Girls in the west are untouchable. Now am not saying man should do it, on avarge a man beating a woman would not end well for the female. Leave it to other women, the way how it was back in the past. You whore around? ok, man will fuck you. man will fuck everything. But if other women get their hands on you, you will end up on a dung cart being thrown out of the town.

>Harry Potter teaches kids satanism

Well, they were right about that one.
Have you seen how that fan base acts?

Not exactly. The Pokemon& HP hater don't know what they are talking about. There fuckers here know the shows but are super protective and sensitive. They think: oh no. My kids saw two time a white male authority figure in a cartoon that means next time they will turns into pawns of the patriarchy.

Naw, man. You can have that easier.
They whore around? Hand them a yellow scarf. Gotta know what a man gets himself into. And who gets cut by respectable people.
No violence required.

Let women take care of themselves.

yeah well most of the crazier ones already have piink/urple green/shaved hair. so no scarfs are needed. But am a man that wants to join two worlds. I think that stuff generally does get better, but not everything that is old is bad. In the past sociaties had mechanisms to regulate anti social people. It was generally done by genders. Men delt with men. women delt with women. now am not saying we should go old school and uncles/brothers/fathers should hunt down a dude that does something wrong, and give him a taste of justice. It wouldn't work because families aren't big enough for that. But it would be nice, if women did invent some sort of procedure for those crazy women that go "babies are bad"/"everything good in sweedlandia came from imigrants". Because if ever the times comes that man have to deal with such stuff, europe will look like middle east.

>having structure implies fascism
Are we just going to keep broadening the definition of fascism until we replace Universe with Fascism?

I agree with you. The problem is right now, it doesn't matter if they are lefty or not. They all have the stand point that a woman can do more or less everything, and it is ok. I mean lets take my boss. by the way am ugly as fuck, she slaped me on the face a few times and called me a good monkey and that man don't have to go home earlier, because her own words "man don't have to work at home anyway for christmas". now imagine a dude did the same, and said that women can't go out eariler home, because they don't want to watch the WM anyway. Local news, left or right, would be talking about it for weeks.

Rushton was the best Railway series narrator.

youtube.com/watch?v=PxN223SOo0g

>kids dont like what parents think its best for them
STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES RIGHT NOW!!!1

>Liberals
>Having children

>american
>having any grasp on politics

Shut up mongrel. go back to Sup Forums with the rest of the mexican good goys

>The problem is small kids like order.
Only autistic children like to order things.

they do, user. Their little boys are gonna be beautiful sexy ladies by the age of 11 before we know it, and their beautiful little girls are going to be powerful confident landwhales by the age of 15.

>Gotta help people no matter what, even if they're ungrateful assholes, you should still help save their kittens if they're in danger.
Then you're helping the kittens, not the asshole. In fact, you'd do better taking those kittens away from him and giving them a better home.

The kittens are assholes too, though.

I love when stories get happy endings.

>liking order is literally autism
>being this reddit
I'm starting to think "le autism spectrum" is another bullshit concept to lump the people who ironically care about politics and the media they consume in with the faggots like Chris-Chan.

I think Carlin wanted people to see him in a different light when it came to that role

OK, I'll bite Elissa, why are Paw Patrol and Thomas fascists.

Paw Patrol I assume is simply the title and that the main dog appears to be a member of law enforcement.

Why is a talking Train a fascist?
The closest I can think is because the voice actor is a white male and his face structure doesn't resemble an ethnic minority.

The thesis seems to be the writer's cognitive dissonance that makes them feel that the idea of morality is objectively and ironically immoral.

>(childrens) id-driven brains seek out the order, stability and even punishment in their entertainment.
1st you shouldn't use Sigmund Freud's structural model of the psyche.
2nd the Id does not seek out order, you fucking waste of carbon.

>To them, Ryder isn't a megalomaniac, and Sir Topham Hatt of "Thomas" isn't a neocolonial autocrat.
That's because they're not, it is a kid with some dogs and a fat guy who owns the rails.

>And the fact that these leaders, both white males
THERE IT IS! Also Ryder looks a little vaguely ethnic to me which I believe is for global appeal.

>"I watched 'Paw Patrol' once with my daughter, and on that episode, Skye volunteered for a mission, but then Ryder picked two male pups," said Rebekah Pajak, a mother of a 2-year-old and a 1-year-old in Chicago.
>Skye is the only female in the core team of six rescue pups on the show. "I remember thinking, 'There's a glass ceiling in this cartoon!' "
Token girl dog wasn't picked for a mission, that dastardly god damn patriarchy is at it again.

She then suggests that Ryder and The Fat Controller are replaced by female characters.
>Children would still get the satisfaction of immersing themselves in an orderly universe where rules are rules, and everyone is in his or her place.
>Just without the white guy on top.
They're not exactly the most gender neutral shows, daughters might prefer say MLP:FiM for instance if not for "reinforces gender stereotypes and advocating monarchistic rule".

I am pretty sure super SJW articles like this are funded by people who support the Trump administration because the only way they can get behind him is making people hate his opposition more.

>fixed identities
>structure
>the idea of right vs wrong
>Facism

The fuck are they smoking? Kids want this shit because it how they (largely) understand that's how the world should work.

>2nd the Id does not seek out order, you fucking waste of carbon.
They do imho. We are talking about young kids age 3-6. Yes they create chaos but they are looking for structure. Good/ bad , right wrong and easy answers.

Each of the pups is specialized for something Ryder directs them to utilize their skills in the best way to succeed. The other pups were likely more suited to the task

PAWns of the PAWtriarchy.

>we've gotten to the point where people are getting offended by one of the least offensive kid cartoons possible
What went wrong with this timeline? I thought the worst thing you could say about Paw Patrol is that it's kinda bland.

IT WAS HER FUCKING TURN

>Buzzfeed

Ah yes! The paragon of journalistic integrity that is Buzzfeed.

user, normal kids don't even make their beds or put away their toys without being told to.

>No link to the original article

Go away, fake news faggot.

>mismatched shoes
>not even descending order
>doesn't group ducks with ducks

disgusting

It teaches them that assholes necer learn and you can never do anything about it or something bad will come of it. So really, ot guarentees each of these buzzfeed writers that when theyre old and dying, some emt is just gonna have to come pick them up whether they were good people are complete wastes of oxygen.

You miss the point. We are talking about different thing. Everyone knows that kids don't like to clean their rooms. They like a simple world that makes sense to them.

He's autistic not OCD. He has his own little system in his autismo head.

I could link the site but that would give them ad clicks. Google the title + cnn and you will get the article.

I'm still disgusted!

Funnily enought, I have autism and hate order, I've actually always hated order.

>(((Strauss)))

You don't have to put up with that shit, from a man or a woman. I've dealt with both male and female bosses like this who treat their employees like shit because they're allowed to, quit on their asses and keep your dignity.

They write this kind of shit because they know people like you bring them attention by spreading it to here and all the other sites you rage on.

Doubt they write anything about the werid shit on youtube aimed at children, or how parent exploit their kids for clicks and practically show their entire lives to a bunch of strangers.

This guy gets it

A brain that is driven by the Id isn’t going to look for order. They would be chaotic, disorderly, and impulsive. If anything they wouldn’t enjoy these shows. You could say that the super-ego is developing and that’s why they want to seek out order. Also who the hell uses Freudian thought in 2017?

ITT: people who didn't see that episode of Thomas where the train who went on strike after being worked too hard got entombed alive in a tunnel, begging for mercy, while Ringo Star told children he got his just desserts.

I don't. You bring it up the whole time to look smart.
All young kids shows are like that. Lolsorandom doesn't work for them because there is no experience where the weirdness can bounce off.

>while Ringo Star told children he got his just desserts.

mhm dessert

I was positing on what had already been posted by others, and I was commenting on it’s use in the article not you dummy.

If I ran Thomas the tank engine I would try to make my show sound like the post apocalyptic hellscape that these retards think it is.

Did you read the article?

>fascist paw patrol

I feel like there's a good YouTubePoop concept somewhere here but I don't know anything about video editing.

>they kills a train because he "can't carry his own weight".
>Are you a net positive on the wealth of your group?

>Ohio preventing the abortion of Downy kids

I guess Republicans need to protect their largest voter base.

This reached pre-89 Communist reviews of art.

Yes. Unfortunately I did look it up. It’s the kind of drivel I would expect at this point.

The Carlin years were best

They even try to calm down their audience. Don't panic if your kid watches these evil shows. But even their softened view is idiotic.

Far right isn't a girl?

Reality is fascist.

The overuse of “Nazi” and “Facist” just kill me. One day we might see real facism, and these dumb asses will have overused the term so much it will mean nothing.

They use strong words to sound important.
"I would like to have a more inclusive cast" doesn't get you clicks.

I think Carlin wanted to do it. Also I'm pretty sure he managed to slip more than a few dick jokes into his performance.

Why is the mainstream media afraid of order? Adults labeling children's cartoons and comic books "facist" for trying to teach kids good morals reeks of irrational fear.

They're complaining about shows for fucking babies

How little do you have to do at any given time to actually sit there and think "y'know which cartoons aimed at 6 year olds offend me?"

Shilling political clickbait articles is cancer and against >>>/global/rules/3 >>>/global/rules/11 and >>>Sup Forumsrules/1
OP is a faggot.
Do your part to help purge subhumans like him from this board by reporting this thread.

>Why is the mainstream media afraid of order?
Because much of its propaganda as of late is to convince people that the old order doesn't function and need to be replaced with new order.
It's why they want more "rebels vs 'the system'" narratives in their saturday morning cartoon shows despite the fact that they're made for literal children.

You are a hero. You saved Sup Forums from discussing stuff.

This they don't get small children. It would make more sense if the children are older than 8.

"Haha, you are a whore, Elissa Strauss." Laughed the Fat Controller

It's funny, though. Police procedurals were, at one point, absurdly popular on TV and had similarly "fascist" views of crime and punishment.

Hell, The Flash is fairly fucked up in how black-and-white its handling of crime is. "Oh, you're a metahuman? Oh, you did something bad? Well, now you're in our metahuman prison with no access to the outside world and no fair trial!"

>image
Ironic how the tables have turned.

i like how everyone brings up this episode ignoring that the message of that episode was that he was actually trying to evade responsibility using channels meant to prevent actual abuse.

Cartoons are currently over saturated with rebels and misfits fighting the system. I can't think of anyone who protects the current system aside from Mario.

Do these "people" have no self-awareness at all? Do they not realize they're even worse than the pearl-clutchers who cried about how rock and roll was spreading the word of Satan? Not even silly kids cartoons with talking dogs is safe from these MUH FASCISM creatures.

File a complaint. Get it on tape if it's common. She'll either be fired or you have a nice lawsuit to file.