> Show makes references current in that time

> 10 years later
> See it again
> Kid is literally the same age
> Show is making reference's to today's culture

what

timmy has progeria

im sure my 4y old niece asks the same question

They actually explicitly state in this show that Timmy is an evil guck that has been fucking with time and mind wiping people for at least 50 years, so it maybe sort of makes sense for this to happen within continuity.

It bothers me that Terrance and Phillip are old now.

what is it about smartphone culture/memes in cartoons that is so fucking jarring?

I've never had an issue with any type of contemporary or societal/cultural thing. but somehow whenever a 'SELFIEEEEE' joke comes afloat I just fucking scrounge my face up internally.

Maybe you are just getting old

>magical fairy companions
>ability to mind wipe people
>still chooses to live at home with family
>still chooses to go to school

We all know getting everything you want makes you miserable so I don't know why he subjects himself to such mundane anguish.

It's more noticeable with a show like the Simpsons. What decade did Homer/Marge go to highschool in?

It is 100% just that he's getting old. I used to see people bothered about PCs in shows too.

because if he isnt miserable then he loses the fairies

Everyone uses phones and most adults I know takes serious self-portraits to remember their night out with friends, but screams "SELFIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" in irony.

>It's more noticeable with a show like the Simpsons

It's especially infuriating in the Simpsons because for a show that prided itself on biting satire, now it never dares criticize any new trends. Old Simpsons would have made fun of the Harlem Shake as another lame novelty, but zombie Simpsons just follows it straight. (I know that may be a bit old of an example, but I haven't seen a new episode in ages.)

the one where Timmy wishes for more peace but indirectly causes the neo-nazi march in Charlottesville

That was the point of my post. Magically obtaining everything you want won't make you a happy person so why doesn't Timmy go be miserable somewhere more interesting? Especially since he has this power to mind wipe people? Is Timmy afraid to be happy?

where were you when you realized Butch Hartman saved the Danny Phantom turning evil plot for fucking Timmy Turner instead

The 70s, but in Zombie Simpsons it's probably the 90s

>why doesn't time work like real life in my cartoon about magic fairies

>Show has episode centered on a new character that goes away at the end of the episode.
>Years later, they bring back the character. They've aged, but all of the main characters are somehow the same as they always were.

Simpsons has done this a couple of times, right?

It was really weird seeing how Cleveland Show/Family Guy aged up Cleveland Jr to be in high school like Chris when early episodes show he was much younger than Chris.

>Is Timmy afraid to be happy?
Know what? probably.

If i'm not mistaken, once he loses his fairies, pretty much any memory or trace of magic disappears. Seeing as how the fairies are pretty much his only family, it would make sense.

But if Timmy is only truly happy with his fairies wouldn't they disappear? Then he wouldn't be a happy child again so then they'd reappear?

Oh god this is actually the perfect setup for a cartoon series that never ends. It's not ending because Timmy has become sentient.

They aged because they couldn't keep up woth the times.

yes he is afraid he knows the moment he is 100% happy and satisfied he will lose his fairies who he at this point sees as his real parents/friends than his actual ones so he has to torture himself enough to warrant them to stay around.
When looking at Channel chasers it's obvious he doesn't want to lose them as he held on until he was like 18 or something

>in Zombie Simpsons it's probably the 90's
Remember that that episode aired almost a decade ago. By this point, Homer and Marge were in college after the turn of the millennium.