Is she a good character? What do you feel about her raceswap? Why she often uses katana when she has psyonic blade...

Is she a good character? What do you feel about her raceswap? Why she often uses katana when she has psyonic blade? Psylocke thread, i guess?

I thought the purple blade can only harm people mentally/spiritually she would need a sword to cut normal stuff

But she often use sword fighting normal people without psi resistance. I mean I know she sometimes enjoys violence, but psychic knive just seems much more useful

Hm

The raceswap was retarded as fuck, I wish they would undo it already
>durrrrr but den she's just bargain bin Jean Grey
Shut the fuck up, confirmed for never having read anything with classic Betsy in it

I'd like to see a story where Betsy is chosen to wield excalibur, and she has a terrible time adjusting to such a different kind of sword.

I don't like how that miniseries she was in with Fantomex and a few others came up with this shit where she was "addicted to killing". That was never a part of her character. They just made that shit up just for the sake of that writer doing their own spin on her character, and I'm glad that shit's been dropped.

I want the age of leotards, leather jackets and longcoats to come back.

>Shut the fuck up, confirmed for never having read anything with classic Betsy
Who are you even talking to at this point?

I think he's talking to OP, who didn't know that Betsy was originally caucasian, body-swapped into an asian asassin's body.

But nobody even brought up Jean Grey...?

The 90's are coming back. Soon.

I don't know Psylocke's backstory. How was she raceswapped?

Originally we thought she was just turned into a Japanese woman after she was sent through the Siege Perilous, and then it was revealed that she had her mind/soul switched with a comatose Japanese woman, Kwannon, with similar powers

Kwannon eventually came looking for Betsy in her original body. And then that body contracted the Legacy Virus and she died

She's an adrenaline junkie and she has a lot of bloodlust
She just likes getting her hands dirty with the sword.

She's a fairly powerful telekinetic so she doesn't even need a physical sword, she could just mow everything down in front of her, but that's not as satisfying

Reminder that Oliva Munn said no to Deadpool and sucked a lot of dicks to play Psylocke

Original Betsy body is superior

I’m completely ignorant, but the idea of her seems retarded. I can’t believe people actually have nostalgia for this sort of thing.

On the scale of “normal super hero” to “Cable”, where does she fall in the retardedly convoluted yet surprisingly boring scale? If she isn’t like that at all, sorry for the presumptions and feel free to call me an idiot.

Idiot

Depending on the writer she manages to rise from being just a sexy British ninja psychic (which is admittedly a pretty dumb concept). Claremont, Lobdell, Remender, Gillen and Spurrier wrote her well, to varying degrees (Nicieza's take on her is terrible).

>Claremont
Did you not read New Exiles?

He damn near lost his mind writing her

Aint that sword a videogame gimmick at first?

Yes, but he also wrote some of her best stories (her confrontation with Sabretooth in Mutant Massacre, the body-swap, her resurrection in mid 00's Uncanny).

The body swap was one of the worst things to ever happen to her

The consequences were bad but the story where it happened was pretty good

Wasn't body swapped. They were gene spliced, how do you explain the fact even Wolverine couldn't distinguish them?

>Is she a good character?
Yes.

That's even dumber

I thought Exterminator has already been brought back.