Glorious Godfrey would have made a better villain than Steppenwolf

Seems like they could make a really compelling story with him. He would be an ideological threat, rather than just another horned CGI grey guy who fucks things up with energy shit in the sky.

His whole schtick is turning people against each other by sowing fear, hatred, and distrust, and using those sentiments to influence people to commit horrible acts.

He convinces people that their security and way of life is under attack, and that this existential threat justifies them in doing anything necessary to protect themselves.

Afraid of your neighbor? You are justified in destroying him. Afraid of those you don't understand and seem foreign and threatening to you? You are justified in exterminating them. All is justified when you have Anti-Life.

Wouldn't it be cool to see him turn a community of people into his mindless Justifiers, slowly using their fears to seep into their minds, and then getting them to buy the whole shebang about relenting their wills being preferable to living a life of the uncertainty that comes with freedom? Life has pitfalls. Anti-Life is security and comfort.

It could later be revealed that he was sent by Darkseid because the Anti-Life Equation is said to be on Earth, and sowing despair and discord would made it reveal its face so Darkseid could locate it.

Would they fuck him up though? We’ve seen Luther and Doomsday.

Yeah, probably. Every time I think, "they should have used this character," I then think, "wait, do I want them to fuck up characters I like?" Maybe it's good that they used a nobody like Steppenwolf instead of fucking up a more interesting Fourth World character.

That obviously isn’t the kind of movie they were remotely interested in making, a good villain was clearly their last priority

people would've just saw him as a Trump expy

We already have a word for that, tvtropes. It's called a pastiche.

Would be another personal attack on #POTUS by cowardly media elites who never served. Many such cases. Sad. #TIGERFORCE #MAGA

If they really wanted to make an Apokalips connection in JL, the best combination would've been Godfrey and Kalibak. Godfrey as the mastermind and manipulator, turning the public against metahumans, and Kalibak as the muscle enforcing Godfrey's plans.

Nah, you don't replace Steppenwolf with Godfrey. You replace BvS Luthor with Godfrey. Eisenberg even kind of looked the part.

He could appear in a upcoming SS movie. Or as general background character.

Glorious Godfrey looks drastically different sometimes.

This movie didn't even need to dive into New God territory to begin with, save that shit for later.

He was Don King during Final Crisis.

Isn't that Al Sharpton?

I kind of want to see Killer Moth vs. Justice League

Doomsday not having enough spikes doesn't count as a "fucked up" adaption.

>Maybe it's good that they used a nobody like Steppenwolf instead of fucking up a more interesting Fourth World character.
But he is more badass then any of the other Darkseid minions.

Lex Luthor & Zod’s DNA making Doomday was weird enough.

I would like to see Doctor Destiny and/or Psycho Pirate.

If he transforms into Charaxes and they use practical effects for close ups yes I would like to see him in a Batman film but not the League.

No its logical as fuck.
And Doomsday being...
> A alien made bio weapon
vs
> A human bio weapon made from alien DNA
isn't that big a fucking stretch.

WB begged me to play godfrey, and I said no. Too busy fixing our taxes and taking on kim jong il. They decided to go with that low-energy Steppenwolf instead, and now people are saying HACK Snyder's movie won't even break even. Sad!

I honestly thought there was going to be a big twist that Lex was Glorious Godfrey the whole time and the real Lex was kidnapped or something.

It would have made perfect sense, they even got the hair sorta right in the first movie.

#DIE #DIE #DIE for #DARKSEID

I agree that Doomsday was pretty true to the source material, but we should keep in mind that Doomsday already sucks in the source material. So, we got that right, I guess.

Not really

If they needed a 100% CGI BBEB for the movie why not just go with Starro? Starro was the first threat that the JL faces off against in the comics, much like how Loki was the first villain the Avengers fought. Seems like WB is embarrassed to make movies based on comics

Probably because they wanted to do the shitty Johns/Lee origin, but also have an excuse to stretch it out for two movies (do a random Darkseid henchman first, and then do Darkseid!).

I also would have loved Starro. My idea for a JL origin film kinda had Starro as a huge, island-sized psychic Lovecraftian monster that has been dormant at the bottom of the ocean for centuries. Kinda combining Starro with Darwyn Cooke's version of Dinosaur Island in The New Frontier. Maybe even have him covered with an ecosystem of commensal organisms.

The movie would start as a kind of X-Filesish conspiracy thing with powerful people in the government being under Starro's control though his parasite spores, working to awaken him and restore him to power. Kinda an "Invasion is the Bodysnatchers" thing. Then when the mystery is untangled, it would morph into a kinda monster movie, Godzilla/Cloverfield meets Cameron's Alien. But with badass heroes fighting to protect Earth.

They can't do Godfrey because Godfrey is the villain for "Legends", which is where the JLI comes from,

You would have to wait about 5-6 movies, because with Godfrey you use him to introduce Fire, Ice, Captain Atom, Guy Gardner into the DCCU to replace the Big Guns

Also Suicide Squad; SS debuted in Legend and play a huge role in stopping Godfrey.

May as well say "you can't do Godfrey, because he's the villain for The Forever People," as that was his debut. Legends was his post-credits reboot.

You can change whatever you want for movies, including making Godfrey a JLA (or just JL) villain instead of the impetus for JLU

why do people hate tvtropes so much?

>JLU
*JLI

Speaking of JLI, I've already got the trailer for the movie in my head

>Rocket Red on building. Turns on spotlight and shines it into the sky.
>Spotlight reveals Captain Atom, eyes glowing fiercely red
>Atom descends to face down Red.
>Chants of "FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!"
>Camera pans to Booster Gold and Blue Beetle, responsible for the chant, eating popcorn.
>Captain Marvel jumps in between Red and Atom.
>"Hey you guys, quit it! Cut it out! Bad!"

Sup Forums writes a better JL film that the guys who wrote the JL film

>cowardly media elites who never served
Like Trump?

I liked how he was treated on Young Justice

But it failed to make him interesting. There's not much in Doomsday's character to fuck up.

Doomsday has never been interesting. He's literally a plot device to kill Superman.

He was perfectly used on that show, although I hope we see Godfrey's Justifiers in season 3.

I want an HBO series of New Gods. That's all there is to it.

>Hordes of mind-controlled people
>Mastermind is finally revealed
>Skyscraper-sized tentacle monster
>...And then it speaks

You Will Be Conquered

...It would have been better.

Just think about it.

Superman arrives, having resurrected or some shit... descending from the sky like an angel to save the day... and then the camera pans and we see he has a starfish on his back.

>heros
>interfering with the free practice of religion and attacking a corporation at the same time

Yeah, nah.

>Al Sharpton is an agent of Apokalips

That makes too much sense.