Transformers General - New Info Edition

news.tfw2005.com/2017/12/25/transformers-cyberverse-season-1-episode-count-running-time-revealed-355880?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

news.tfw2005.com/2017/12/25/first-look-transformers-rescue-bots-academy-355879

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CjyDbZNL6cM
toricoriot.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the cuteset lil helicoptor

I can't tell if they're suppose to be an equivalent of Cybertronian kids or not.

I was wondering the same thing.
The new characters certainly look chibi and childlike when compared to Heatwave here.

>full for kids only
Fuck

>Windblade looks like a tiger mom
>Robo kids?

bump

Oh neat, Medix and Hoist finally made it into a show proper!

Medix and Hoist were the first non-show, non-Mini-Con Transformer Rescue Bots characters, and were released together in wave 5 of the original size class. Brushfire and Mortor later joined the non-show crew, but saw limited release.

Transformers fans all over the internet are complaining that TRANSFORMERS IS PANDERING TO KIDS AGAIN despite always being for children outside the four different monthly comics for adults.

Will Sup Forums act just as stupid?

then when they do something adult (bay movies, kiss players), people complain "think of the children!"

I have never ever seen someone say that in regards to either.

They complain for DIFFERENT reasons. Bay: This isn't SOPHISTICATED ENOUGH to be Transformers this is TRASH. Kissplayers: This is TOO PERVERTED to be Transformers this is TRASH.

Is the blue one a girl robot?

Must be, because she's wearing a belly-shirt.

Unfortunately, the Bay movies are absolute fucking trash. All they really would need to do is just adapt the IDW comics for a netflix series or something. I mean a well done series with actual money pumped into it.

A netflix animated TF series done by studio mir or something similar would be killer.

>this is the kids appeal character?!

youtube.com/watch?v=CjyDbZNL6cM

those are other reasons to complain about them, i mentioned another reason that makes it look like people are looking out for each other (less douchebag)

>All they really would need to do is just adapt the IDW comics for a netflix series or something.

i keep telling people to be specific with their wishes

That was specific. When I said adapt IDW comics, I meant it. Of course, when you do an adaption, you start at the beginning. So we'll have enough material for literal years for the show to become popular, become boring, and get canned, all before they ever are able to introduce that shitstain of a character.

God I hope Anode gets popular in the future out of spite just so you faggots can get an aneurysm.

Dubs confirm. Popular Anode is upon us.

Teen Titans Anode

Lug deserves so much better. I hope she can get with roller. Anode can die fighting unicron before bee turns him into a good guy

Would not be surprised if we got a TTG style Transformers/Hasbroverse show in the next 10/20 years. Revolutionaries Go!

That's retarded.

He'll invite Unicron into the bar for a drink and they'll drink together and reference sitcoms and pop culture.

No anode is a "fan favorite" but has nothing else which means she will die before unicron is redeemed and everyone stops mentioning how evil he was

Hot Shot?

>These trips
>Popular Anode is upon us.

>Roberts goes into fifth gear in LL for the new year.

Bring it on.

OHHHHH THAT HELICOPTER IS SO CUTE I WANT TO SMOOCH THEM

Not to jump on the stupid trains, but
I'm kind of skeptical of Cyberverse being produced the same year as its' release.
I hope it goes for a Steven Universe type pacing with that episode runtime... That'd be doable. But compared to RB:A's amount of work going into it, it seems almost like an afterthought.

God damn those designs are adaawable
I aint watching this and I aint buying shit from this but I gotta give credit where its due.

Baby bots canonized at last.

Not even if the Whirl toy is really cute??

Well, the movies had them. Baby Dinobots.

... who let Tyran Grimlock *breed*? (granted there wouldn't be much anyone could do to stop it)

Did the dinobots all bang slash or something?

Rodimus, you know you're not allowed within 500 yards of children, robot or otherwise.

That must have been... something to witness. Probably really loud and violent.

Grimlock is criminally underused.

m8 we just had a series where he was a main cast member

movie Slash is male

Got Victory.
This Star Saber is pleasing.
IDW Star Saber is why you don't do drugs, kids.

RiD 2015's Grimlock is basically Season 1 Animated Bulkhead with a dino mode.

Grimlock
>Very dumb
>Insanely arrogant
>Powerful to the point of being able to clobber faction leaders
>General apathy towards most Autobot ideals
>Very abrasive towards anything that isn't a dinobot
RiD Grimlock
>Pretty Dumb
>Kind of stubborn
>Canon fodder for the villain of the week
>Very zealous about saving the day, but fucks it up
>Loves his fellow Autobots and is likely to believe that cons are his pals if they say so.

Aligned Continuity's a helluva drug

Aligned has two Grimlocks, G1ish Grimlock and green Grimlock

Does Aligned have two Shockwaves? Because I'm pretty sure I remember murdering that son of a bitch.

I haven't played the games so I don't know the full context, but remember that the games and the shows are separate universes.

I don't think Grimlock killed him. He just bit his arm off and tail whipped him off the platform

Don't take everything in that sales sheet literally, we have confirmation that Cyberverse started production in April 2017 from actual staff on their Linkedin portfolios.

>I hope it goes for a Steven Universe type pacing with that episode runtime...

Nooo you don't. However, I think that's more the fault of the writers thinking that boring-ass episodes that revolve around human characters that never develop are the greatest shit ever.

Still a better end than "The fucking Earth's core is an ancient evil"

>BUH BUH BUH MUH RELATABLE!
Wanting things to be "relatable" is literally the downfall of ANY fucking show. It's why shit is never allowed to be unique.

Whirl is cute! CUTE!

She might steal your wallet or bite you

My favourite Grimlock was the one who is cunning in battle and tactics but too arrogant and doesn't think ahead, making him a crap leader in the long run - but the best one when doing a battle. Sort of a mix between Simon Furmans and Bob Budiansky's.

bump

I hope girl Whirl is crazy. Like I can imagine they wouldn't make her a psycho but make her kind of like a kid friendly Deadpool would be like.

>Lug X Roller

good taste.

RID 2015 was honestly a more fun character.

still I'd love to see Marvel Grimlock utilized in the cartoons.

indeed.

I hate how they restrict Unicron like that.

shame they won't have the voice cast reprise as they moved it to New York.

Can I get sauce on that art, it's fucking moe.

artist is Elapuse on tumblr

If she gets popular enough to use in a show then she'll be nothing like Roberts version. I'm down for that.

>Mortor
Wait, how have I never heard of this guy?
Well, Rescue Bots is consistently better than any other Transformers fiction, so...

BABY WHIRL IS NOT FOR SEXUAL

>Tyran
You are everything wrong with this fandom.

>Ian/Kup art
HNNNNGH MY HEART
Source?

should the adaptation have their own style or do that thing marvel did and just took the comic art and made them "move"?

toricoriot.tumblr.com/

OTP.

Thundercracker x shitty sweaters?

Yes, actually.

TF/human ships are wholesome as fuck.

Own style but based off the comics. AHM style would be good.

Why do a good number of folk in the toy side of the fandom have such a hate boner for IDW. I mean, I think it's gone to shit and I wish we'd get a new continuity already, but it's hardly about the writing. Do fagbots get people's panties in a twist that badly?

They just want stacks of cubes from the '80s. Again and again, forever.

>Why do a good number of folk in the toy side of the fandom have such a hate boner for IDW.

any specifics? i haven't met any but is it about some characters getting toys before the ones they want because they're currently big in the storyline?

Even Kiss Players?

The Rescue Bots interacting with their tiny counterparts could be cute, but I'm scared the replacement voice actors will be so distracting it ruins it.

>Wait, how have I never heard of this guy?
Because he's a late wave addition to a gimmick subline for a little kid-focused toyline and didn't appear in the show. Also, he only came in a multipack with more prominant characters.

Like I see no reason to recast the VAs. They were perfect for those characters.

I mean a New York voice cast is exciting but for a sequel show, it’s disappointing.

Least they could do is record it at the NYAV Post, keep Steve Blum and co. On the LA side and then hire NY VAs for the rest.

I hope Jason Griffith, Dan Green, Kevin T. Collins and Mike Pollock are in it.

Unless Medix is also a girl, then Whirl needs to be good example of female behavior.

>Why do a good number of folk in the toy side of the fandom have such a hate boner for IDW
Shitposters in /tfg/ don't count, user. I been with Transformers since I was a kid in the 80's and I love the IDW stuff.

By process of elimination she's probably a police vehicle, so she has to be a force for law and order.

People who are interested in comics are more likely to like them. People who are only interested in toys won't be seen talking about comics except to complain about them, because otherwise they would be part of the comic reading group.

You have the right to remain dead!

Oh goodness, I hadn’t thought about Medix possibly being a girl.

Is it bad that I'm more interested in a kiddie program with Whirl Jr. than "Overexposed Characters" the show?

No, somehow I feel like there's more thought going into the kiddy program.

IDW fans are the bronies of Transformers.

Art style reminds me vaguely of lizwuzthere.

Yet they recast the Rescue Bots, so not that much thought went into it.

I still don't understand why they're doing that. Something to do with the new character cast being in NYC?

Finally someone else gets it.