Seriously, DC?

Seriously, DC?

>He doesn't like Crossover parodies.

Isn't he great?

The thing is, Marvel comics suck. So a bunch of Marvel pastich characters at DC is goid for fans if Marvel characters.

beautiful

>red breasted lap sucker?
what did not-black canary mean by this?

I don't like each comic universe having blatant expys of each others characters. It clutters the world and lessens their identity.

Would have worked if they made a parody of a relatively obscure character and forced him as meme. But the original is getting a movie released soon so the fact that this is a blatant copy is gonna be more apparent.

Who's Red Lion exactly? Is he basically DC's Black Panther, is that why people are getting upset?

Both companies have had questionably similar characters for years, like both Captain Marvels (there only relation were the names and DC's is called Shazam now but my point still stands), DC's Creature Commandos and Marvel's Howling Commandos etc.

This is just a parody right? like Sungod was for superman?

>This is just a parody right
Yes

Fuck you. Red Lion is the best original cape character in years, and I want him in a movie.

I honestly find a self aggrandizing warlord calling himself Red Lion more accurate and less... fuck I hate using the word - less problematic - than supa nigga named BLACK PANTHER

>abra ca labia

>Marvel comics suck
Not more than DC comics

>Not more than DC comics

I'll have to disagree on that. DC has a ton of problems but at least they weren't pushing cringy, progressive shit like Marvel was. Well, technically they are now but they're characters first and minorities second. With Marvel it was the other way around. Marvel was just trying to get brownie points while DC seems like they're actually trying to tell a story.

>but at least they weren't pushing cringy, progressive shit like Marvel was
I don't care about what characters bad comics are, "actual characters" like Nightwing or "cringy progressive shit" like Iceman, it's all just unreadable shit in my eyes.

He's an infinitely more interesting character than Black Panther.

Yes, BP is that terrible.

hes already more appealing than black panther

stan lee pls, marvel comics have been complete garbage for years now.

you know sad part? the BP movie will make more than most comic movies.

Indien pls, why did you even come in this thread

Image comics is the best desu. Used to be a dc fanboy during n52 but after they fucked it up I realised that marvel and dc both have problems.

Also nobody is better than mah nigga spawn

Image sucks too.

Where's Bendis at these days anyway?

>no more than DC comics

Was she the insperation for nightmare nurse?

He starts writing all of DC soon. Just wait.

Well image benefits from not having to pander to execs in suits or libtards/pc culture. They also have the freedom to go haywire with characters and story lines. If you think image sucks and you compare them to dc or marvel than you’re probably the kind of person who thinks waiting before marriage is metal.

>for years
For decades.
Just like dc comics.

I can't believe there are people who think this is bad. It's not like he made him a mainstream character and made stories on him. He's featured in a few issues, as a totally different character than bp, with only a design wink because it's from a main bp writer.

>DC makes a Black Panther pastiche
>Except he's just your average African warlord
Gotta admit, I had a kek.

That's a cool costume

It's a modified Deathstroke costume he stole.

Do I beed to post that one WW issue and beat you to death with it?

Do it faggot. Bring up the past like a bitchy girlfriend who only has so much ammo she has to keep retreading old ground. Marvel is still fucking up and MAY try better next year. DC is at least trying better now.

Then I'd recommend not looking up DC's new Dark Matter line of comics.

Except It's what a realistic version of bp would be like. The most unrealistic part of a universe which has magic and aliens is that very small part of africa that is somehow the most technologically advanced city. With a resource it shouldn't have any understanding on how to tap.

DC does what Marvel cant.

So a knockoff of Black Panther stole his costume from a knockoff of Deadpool?

Jesus DC, get some originality.

Wow I already like this guy

>Knockoff MemePool
Shit tier bait

>Image’s best
>Spawn

You’re worse than Marvel/DC fags

LOL DC turned Wally West into a nigger in Nu52

Nigga, Image output last few years have been PC/ libtard as fuck. Even forced their employees to be trained on tranny etiquette after caving to some sjw crusade last year.

>Doctor Spectrum

Ahead of his time.

I don't really like the color. White or whith lion color scheme would be better

>SEE WE CAN BE MARVEL TOO! PLEASE STOP HATING US

Start by stopping agravating us with your terrible movies and we will talk

He and Middy should have a catchphrase competition.

I'm starting to like how DC is getting more ballsy with their ripoffs. Red Lion, Red Tool, Damage, Sideways, all seem appropriate considering Marvel gets love for Thanos, a copy of Darkseid

No it doesn't.

He's an African warlord who's been in Deathstroke. Going to be a villain in Justice League soon.

5/10 bait
Still got me

Lol you do know Priest's Black Panther run is better than his Deathstroke work

Newfags

I agree user

Being P U N I S H E D

>Who's Red Lion exactly? Is he basically DC's Black Panther

This exactly. But to add to this, he was created by Christopher Priest, the guy who wrote the most iconic/popular Black Panther run.

see, this is why we beg to DC not hire Marvel trash.
but nooo...
they still went and hired a bunch and now everything is contaminated with marvel virus

I want Red Lion, Black Panther and White Tiger to meet, and then go on to find Blue Cheetah, Green Jaguar, and Yellow Lynx to form the Feline Rangers.

>unironically hating Priest
how is so many of you hate

DC's got Bendis now. How long until we here "Nightwing... you're gay?" How long until Black Canary is pregnant? How long until Supergirl gets a dyke haircut?

He'll be just as much a shitstorm at DC as he was at Marvel. He's a fucking seagull... flies in, makes a lot of noise, and shits all over everything.

Shut up, Todd. Go buy a fucking hockey team and piss off.

>Well image benefits from not having to pander to execs in suits or libtards/pc culture
they might not have to, but they do it anyway. All three publishers suck massive cock, especially in 2017.

>they might not have to, but they do it anyway. All three publishers suck massive cock, especially in 2017.

Well, there is a lot of massive cock sucking in the pages of Savage Dragon these days, but not the kind you're talking about :)

DC DOOM when? Lord Havok doesn't count.

I don't even read DC on a regular basis but I wouldn't wish this faggot on them.

>DOOM
>not the greatest Big 2 character ever
WEW! Don't let DoomWank poison you user.

>How long until Black Canary is pregnant

>Nightwing... you're gay

At this point it'd be confirming suspicions. I'd like him to bi though.

How the hell does Lord Havok not count?

Regardless, Terrifics #1

Priest might be one of if not the best writers working at the Big 2 right now. He just clearly has fun with what he does, but always remembers to tell a good and intriguing story.

>Supergirl gets a dyke haircut
Stop, my dick can only get so hard

he doesn't count, because in his appearances so far, in jla, he didn't have anything of the bombastic villainy hamminess and planet-size pride, mixed with genuine skill and distorted, but more often than not, good goals for the world, doom has.

>shitting on Ms. Marvel

How dare you.

I feel like having Metamorpho and Plastic Man on the same team is redundant.

Couldn't we have gotten Firebrand or something?

Priest wrote EVERYONE ooc in the JL run. He's the same garbage as everyone else. Fuck this industry.

Maybe I'm biased but I feel DC would try to force a tad more quality control then Marvel did, I mean didn't DC publicly call out Marvel on their progressive bullshit once?

Even though Bendis is on board now I feel like DC would still want their characters to actually be characters instead of "look at how progressive we are!" constructs and they might try to make Bendis deliver on that. Granted I don't know why they hired him in the first place but I digress.

Also
>How long until Black Canary is pregnant?

That already happened long before Bendis' time.

Why doesn't Sup Forums care about Prieststroke anymore

It got bad and it's ending.

>it's ending
lies, lies, LIES

Sounds like it to me. March's solicit sounds pretty final.

>It got bad
The society issue and the last one where Slade found out about Joey and his creepy not-uncle were great. The upcoming confrontation with Super-Chad also can't go wrong.

Does it matter when the sales are in the trash?

>never read a Black Panther comic

Conceptually, I like Red Lion better than Black Panther

From a purely design standpoint I think the mane really makes him look more dynamic than BP.

We just need a blue leopard, yellow cheetah, and a green tiger

Fuck off.

>97715209
It's still not below 20,000. And the first trade which was released earlier this year sold really well, it debuted close to 4000 and had multiple reorders.

>technically they are now

Not only inaccurate but imprecisely unfair: on the one hand, a collection of comic fans using similar arguments as yours often trot out the, 'I'm not racist/sexists/homophobic/ .... but why can't you come up with a new character to be black/asian/latino/female/gay" which is precisely what DC will be doing save for the gay part.

Guess there's no way to make use people happy other than pumping out more Bruce Wayne Bats and Hal Jordan GL and Arthur Aquamon, amirite?

assemble! Feliranger!

Ugh seriously DC?

What is this, an image for slightly larger than usual ants?

No, we need a Falcon knockoff. Can we get away with Crow?

More of this character?

Nah. Captain Kestrel.

>It got bad
false
>it's ending.
fake news

Her 1 boob has bigger circumference than her waist, is this liefeld homage

Ants have very small waists, and that's the excuse I'm going with.