Run zod run!!!

run zod run!!!

Is this Injustice?
Why does Zod have hair?

latest issue and I guess his hair grew back while in the phantom zone

One thing I didn’t understand about this issue was the timing. Zod attacked, Ollie scared him off with the kryptonite arrow. Bruce goes after Zod, and doesn’t want anyone else to get hurt so he goes alone. He retrieved the power armor from Brother Eye which required voice, retinal and blood recognition.

Did he travel from the Arctic all the way back to Gotham, then all the way back to the Arctic again? And the whole time Zod was just waiting in the Arctic? Surely that must have taken several hours minimum, several days more likely. Is everyone else just hanging out in the fortress?

He teleported in with the suit so there's a chance he teleported to get the suit as well. Probably had to skimp on showing that since the issues are so short.

Where's there storytime?

Teleportation seems like such a lazy way to quick-travel. I know it’s established in the game and all, but still. Feels lazy. I prefer when Batman has to use vehicles.

This is the important question.

Post issue

And people say that Batman isn't a Mary Sue?

I always thought it is such lazy bullshit writing mixing Kryptonide in any possible way.

He is but Injustice is retarded. Taking anything about it seriously is a mistake.

How is that lazy? Kryptonite negates a kryptonian’s powers. A chunk of kryptonite will hurt them by being in their vicinity. A kryptonite blade or bullet will penetrate their flesh. Why shouldn’t mixing kryptonite with fear gas make them susceptible to the effects of the gas?

Which one he killed'

Tim. Only the edgier boys survive this universe

Tim. He shot a beam of heat vision straight through his chest after escaping the Phantom Zone.

>He is

I want to see Batman being completely broken, destroyed and humiliated. I'm sick of the guy being perfect all the time. Superman went through all this and came out better without any fanbacklash. Why not Batman? Why does he needs to be perfect in everything?

What os Mary Sue about kryptonite gas and fear toxim? Those things are normal and easily under the capacity (of anybody that is rich) to have and use against a kryptonian.

Oh come on! If Superman and Power Girl can willpower through Kyrptonite. Why can't Zod? Is it because Injustice is Batman Universe?

>Batman Universe
>fucked up literally everything

I think they did that already in the 90s, it's called Knightfall.

>If Superman and Power Girl can willpower through Kyrptonite
Except they cant in Injusticeverse and that fact is the reason why the whole mess began.
Also note, why the fuck is he willing to kill Zod for killing Tim when his shithead of a son turned Dick into Deadwing and he's already forgiven before the year is ended.

And came out on top, nearly killed Superman twice, everyone in Injustice calls him the ultimate force of good despite being a terrible person.

So far, only the Kents have called him out. Injustice wanks Batman in a way that would make Barbatos blush.

Zod hasn’t been exposed to kryptonite as often as Superman or Power Girl have. He’s got less experience to “power through it.”

Plus Zod was wounded through the shoulder moments ago by a kryptonite arrow, and Batman has just slammed his face into the ground with a suit of power armor.

On top of all that, this kryptonite gas has Scarecrow’s feat toxin in the mix, so pushing through it with willpower is simply not gonna happen here.

This isn’t Batman being a Mary Sue -Joker was able to use the same gas on Superman and get the same effect.

Neither Clark nor Zod have any experience with Scarecrow’s gas -they are totally unprepared. Zod has even less experience with kryptonite.

Batman’s power armor is hardly a new development either. He’s usually been depicted as being able to build one since at least the 80s.

>Kryptonite
>Taking their powers away
Way they have to do this every time? kryptonite shouldn't take their powers away only hurt them pretty bad to the point that they can't walk without their muscle start to give up and they can't even use their powers properly because of the pain.

In this very issue he says that he’s going to imprison Zod in the Phantom Zone. He’s not going to kill Zod, come on, be fair to the book if you’re going to critique it.

Also note that Damien killing Dick was an accident, Zod killing Tim was deliberate. Bruce has a prior connection to Damien, he’s got none to Zod.

As of the Injustice 2 game, Bruce STILL hasn’t forgiven Damien.

In short, he’s not going to kill Zod, Zod’s motivations were far more malicious than Damien’s and Batman hasn’t forgiven Damien anyway. Come on, man.

>Batman hasn’t forgiven Damien
Bullshit, there was a whole big scene about it in, i think, year 2. The whole bullshit of
>Lets be Batman and Robin again
when Damian gives up the robin costume. He's refusing to forgive damian for legitimately siding with Supertyrant the Man of Murder, not for killing Dick.

Tim is probably alive, I feel like there will be some sort of bullshit way to heal him. Maybe something plastic related

put him in the phantom zone with superboy

>New issue doesn't get storytimed on Sup Forums

What the actual fuck is this OP?

It's Injustice, he's dead.

Batman TRIED to forgive Damian ONCE, way too late, Damian didn’t accept an there has been bad blood between the two ever since.

In the first game Batman still hasn’t forgiven him, and i’d argue that the game’s canon trumps the comic’s canon.

When is someone gonna storytime anyway?

Holy shiet.

>Kryptonite negates a kryptonian’s powers.
No it doesn't. That is red sun radiation, Kryptonite just bypass their natural defenses and make them feel sick. Their powers still work. Red sun radiation completely negates their pwoers.

Superman killed Ollie, Black Canary (before Doctor Fate's intervention), Hercules, J'onn and plenty of others. Batman is just being a hypocrite.

>I DON'T WANT TO SEE
Metal.

he’s the GODDAMN Batman!

>fear toxin on zod
>instead of runing away he starts to freak out and kill punch anything that moves like clark did
>batman becomes bat-ground-meat
this is how it should happen

please don t quote allstar batman

Keep walking, sperm bank!

But that was before he became perfect.

>Red sun radiation completely negates their pwoers
WRONG! Red sun radiation just doesn't give powers to them,but they still keep the yellow sun radiation with them for a while until it ends.

>zod kills the kents in his drug-induced freak out
pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

Where is the storytime?

Right here sorry for the wait

I can't find the storytime.

Ha. Fuck you Harley.

Bye papa kent

Hey are you dead?

sorry went to take a shit

Oh sure, now she cares about Superman's family.

Nice symbol reference, Sampere, unfortunately with a recent unwarranted murder this might not be the time.
I'm to believe Harley got to Jonathan before the fucking Superbots stationed to protect him did?
Fuck all the way off Taylor.

He's going to come b and kill you you idiot.

yet another death in the family

Selina, you're not that fucking stupid. Everyone knew what it was going to be.

Tim died so Harley could stay Batman's sidekick.

I'm confused. It was a simulation?

I really don t like batman swearing

Well I don't like Batman bringing out toys he probably should have used already.

Yeah, Batman saying "i'm going to fuck you up" just doesn't feel right. That's something more like what Terry or Damien would say.

Nobody cares how you feel

Need a reason for the Kents to forgive Harley.

Can’t wait for
>I see that you are totally changed so I forgive you for nuking a city, killing our grandson, and making our son a dictator
Fuck off Taylor you faggot.

To the Hell with Harley Quinn!! If she thinks the Kents are going to forgive her after this, considering what she did alongside the Joker, then somebody should put her out of her misery.

And here you got it!! The proof that Batman is actually an hypocrit son of (****). It doesn't matter the circunstances, how does he dare to do exactly what the Joker did, starting all this mess?

This is a clear proof for me. Batman is the true villain of this story, not Superman. All his acts to "stop Superman" were actually trying to avenge the death of his beloved Joker. And if someone actually killed Tim Drake was Batman, not Zodd. Batman, because as always, he acts without thinking in the consecuences.

>Knightfall
>Morrison's run
You don't even read comics so you don't actually give a shit.

>Harley unironically getting to give condolence
I fucking hate this shit

I don’t have a problem with him dropping a f bomb in this situation.

I REALLY hope this doesn’t happen. She saved Johnathon, just leave it at that.

Kryptonite has been shown repeatedly to interfere with their kryptonian powers. It’s comics, so it interferes to varying degrees of course. Remember Superman: the movie where he almost drowned due to a chunk of it around his neck? Then in Superman Returns where he lifted an island of the stuff? Or when he was stabbed with a shard and then almost beaten to death by Lex’s goons? It fucks with their powers, abliet inconsistantly so. Also see Smallville, Lois and Clark, BvS, and a shitload of comics. Kryptonite consistently negates their invulnerability at minimum, otherwise kryptonite bullets and blades wouldn’t work.

My understanding is that thier cells can only contain a certain amount of radiation. Yellow gives them powers, red instantly negates their powers, and kryptonite makes them sick while slowly negating their powers. If they still retained their yellow powers while under a red sun or lamp, then Superman’s prison cell would have been useless from the get go. Batman’s red solar bomb at the start of the game was enough to wipe out most but not all of Superman’s powers so that he could fight him 1v1 with no pill and no mech suit. In Action Comics recently, Superman went back in time to Krypton and his powers were gone instantly.

>can list countless live action versions of Kryptonite
>"countless comics" without actually listing one

How about this very comic where a kryptonite arrowhead pierces Zod’s shoulder, bypassing his invulnerability? Or when he’s affected by the gas? Or when Superman was affected by the gas? Or Dark Knight Returns when the gas allowed Batman to fight him in the first place? Or in Superman/Batman where Superman can’t do shit to “All American Boy”, a kryptonite powered Doomsday. Or another Superman/Batman where Ras used a kryptonite sword? Or when Metallo uses a kryptonite bullet and afterwards Superman can barely tear down a metal gate? Or when Batman exposes him to a kryptonite ring and is then able to beat him up in Hush? Just off the top of my head.

I used the live action examples because everyone is familiar with them and nobody bitched and moaned when Lex nearly drowned Superman in a pool in the first movie or Whitney tied Clark to a cross in the middle of a cornfield in season one of Smallville. The fact that it fucks with their powers is consistent across all mediums. Now the DEGREE that it affects their powers is inconsistent, sure, but that’s for plot convenience. Hence Superman lifting the island, or if you want to be an elitist prick and and only use comic examples, Superman tearing down the metal grate (barely) but being unable to fly and barely able to walk.

It’s a fact that kryptonite fucks with their powers, and the live action examples prove that people generally accept that. Why would different movies and shows across different continuities aimed at larger audiences consistently get kryptonite wrong?

Fuck right off with that elitist attitude. You clearly don’t know what you’re talking about.

Same

What if he's saying "I'm gonna heck you up"

This is the type of attitude that causes normies to look down their nose at comics and the people who read them.

Not that you’d know, but kryptonite didn’t even originate in the comics.

What do you folks want to see next issue in Zod’s nightmare sequence? I hope they really cut loose with the artwork and show some freaky stuff.

The bat-demon is the obvious choice, and we already got a glimpse of that this issue.

What else would Zod fear? Kryptonite I guess? Maybe the iceberg could turn into a mountain of it? If Zod has met Doomsday he’d probably fear him which would be a callback to when Superman was exposed to the gas.

Would Zod fear Jor-El and the Council sending him to the Phantom Zone again?

He might fear harm coming to his wife and son, but I feel if they went in that direction it would make the situation more complex and detract from the idea that it’s just Batman fucking him up.

I guess they could always go with the obvious snakes, spiders, skeletons and flames in the background as they fight.

Do you want physically broken? Mentally? Both? It's all been done.

What would Zod think of Bane? Or Sinestro? I like it when villains who usually have little to do with each other meet up.

What exactly is Zod after here? Usually his motivation is to kill/subjugate Superman as revenge against Jor-El for imprisoning him in the Phantom Zone. Other motivations have been to rebuild Krypton and/or rescue his wife and son.

In the Injusticeverse, he’s got little reason to need revenge against Superman. He’s been released from the Phantom Zone, and the world Superman has built has crumbled and Superman is now powerless in a cell, left to rot. This should please Zod. He should see Batman and the Teen Titans as potential allies since they spent years opposing Superman’s regime.

They’d certainly oppose Zod rebuilding Krypton, but he doesn’t need to reveal that part of his agenda.

If he paints himself as sympathetic, Batman might even help rescue his wife and son from the Phantom Zone.

In the meantime, he’s the most powerful being on the planet. He doesn’t NEED to kill Red Robin or melt the ice caps, in fact I’d argue that he’d be in a better position if he refrained from doing that.

So what’s his motivation here? Why did he need to kill Tim as his first act?

This is so lame. Not only does it feel like the least Bruce-y dialogue I've ever heard, but it's censored which completely nulls any impact an oh-so-dirty swear word has. I bet this is spread all over reddit though like it's some kind of hallmark page and shows just how "AWESOME" Injustice is.

Christ this comic sucks.

i fuckin love this comic