Remember when they were known as the bootleg Dreamworks in the 00s?

Remember when they were known as the bootleg Dreamworks in the 00s?

To be fair, in terms of Animation they still are. The animation Dreamworks does esily curbstomps Disney, the only thing they really have going for them is storytelling.

>the "only" thing they really have going for them is storytelling.
It's amazing how much that matters when people gather to watch a story unfold.

Makes you think.

Haha WTF are you even saying

Only for Chicken Little though. But they were erll deserving of being called that for making that piece of garbage.
Captain Underpants is the only recent Dreamworks movie I'd say outdoes Disney on the visual side.

bait

WDP doesnt exist anymore,it's World Disney Animation Studio. After they got Pixar's boss in lead their movies jumped in quality,seriously they cant help themselves without himh

It was the case with 2d animated movies, in the 3d department it's not really true.

I wished theyd stop buying properties and ruining them by kaking them into girly trash

their own ideas are worth jackshit, it's not gonna change.

Yes, and then they mustered up all the money in the universe to buy everything that everyone likes so that they'll stop yelling at them.

>their own ideas are worth jackshit, it's not gonna change.
If everyone hates their own shit, why dont they just give these properties to people who know about them when they buy it instead of changing everything that made them popular to begin with? Star wars is hated now because theyve basically told the fanbase to fuck off in the last film.

>Remember when they were known as the bootleg Dreamworks in the 00s?

I really really don't, they were?

To give you a perspective, i hated disney films as a kid and loved dreamworks movies. Even to this day theres only a few disney films they actually made and didnt buy out that i really like, and even then there mostly within the last ten years and not the awful “classic” stuff they made.

Particularly Dreamworks managed to not just rip off The Wild, but get Madagascar out first so nobody took The Wild as anything but the cheap ripoff when it's the other way around.

ITT contrarian historical revisionists

>Durr I didn't like Disney because I'm special so obviously they ruin everything and everyone knows it yeah I'm not a tiny unimportant minority

he Wild wasn't even a Disney movie, just distributed by Buena Vista.

Dreamworks was best known for making knockoff Pixar movies - Antz - Bugs Life, Finding Nemo - Shark Tale.

Yeah, kind of went for the low hanging fruit there with The Wild vs Madagascar, didn't they?

I thought The Wild flopped so bad, Disney disowned the movie due to the embarrassment.

Maybe because i hate disney because their wholesome musicals and princess shit isnt funny and its bland as shit :^)

Chuck Jones didn't need story, they had characters and it worked because they animated it will

Now that hugging monster is gone, expect Disney to go right back downhill where it came from.

Dreamworks was riding high off Shrek and Madagascar

Go look at Disney’s catalog during the 00s. Mostly movies that either weren’t received well or underperformed. Treasure Planet, Atlantis, Chicken Little, Emperor’s New Groove, Meet the Robinsons, Home on the Range, etc. We had gems like Lilo and Stich but they were an anomaly.

Emperor’s New Groove was also pretty good.

Thought it went further than that

It was Road to El Dorado for Emperor's New Groove
then Antz to Bugs Life,
Spirit to Brother Bear
then you had the Shark Tale to Finding Nemo
Madagascar to Wild
Flushed Away to Ratatouille

>97714994
You got your (you)s you scumbag happy now

Disney does this a lot

You never hear much about Rescuers Down Under, Black Cauldron, Dinosaur, Treasure Planet, Chicken Little, or Meet the Robinsons either

Disney really needs to keep doing what they do best, animated fairytale in the broadway musical format.

They tend to fuck things up when they leave that. Although Wreck-it-Ralph, Zootopia, and Big Hero 6 did well.

Sort of like how Pixar should just keep it to a secret look into the world of (Blank), when they divert from that it tends to suck. Brave was terrible, Good Dinosaur and Monsters University were just bland.

They will occasionally just drop everything related to a movie that they did heavily promote in the past too.

Lilo and Stitch stuff used to be everywhere, but now you never really see or hear anything from it including at the parks.

Inside Out wasnt THAT great either. Their next non-sequel movie have a working title "Suburban Fairy Animals" or something like that, where uncorns are pests like raccoons.Weird.