Runaways new episode thread

Runaways new episode thread

What time does the episode release on Hulu, midnight?

Midnight Monday. It's up on my usual place but I haven't had the time to watch it yet.

Episode is on Hulu and other places

>and other places

but doesnt it air on hulu first considering its a hulu original

Nigga you know damn well what I fucking meant

I dont know what you mean anonymous poster. Runaways ® by Marvel™ is best enjoyed on Hulu™ immediately when it releases

This really should have been cut down to 5 episodes. A lot of the parents stuff isn't worth going into (adultry! Look how grown up we are!).

It seems to fit in the narrative well IMO

>Complaining about relationship drama on a teen drama show

Was there a discussion thread when it came out? I missed it.

No this is the only one. No one seems to really care about the show and I only hate watch it. So you can talk with me if you want.

Though I think I've transcended being mad that it's nothing like the comic and moved on to it being a terrible show in general.

I like the show but I don't want to get Hulu for one show

Maybe when Disney makes their streaming service they'll move it over there.

watching it right now user, honestly just interested in Victor chase and his son

hulu is unironically better than netflix for tv shows, a bunch of shit I plain old forgot about is on it and often times when a netflix license expires it moves over to hulu, like with Futurama and IASIP. It doesn't have KotH, which is gay but whatever

It's strange for me. I'm having fun with it. It's corny as fuck but I'm enjoying the ride. Meanwhile, I was the only person in the world who seemed to dislike Ant-Man for deviating so wildly from the source and using the worst Ant-Man, so I definitely see where you're coming from

>No one seems to really care about the show
I love it. Much better than most superhero shows out there.

I like corny. The Cape was corny. No Ordinary Family was corny. Galavant was corny. This is just random drawn out drama. I don't really feel like any of the characters have any real chemistry except maybe Dale and Stacy so they're probably going to die horribly.

As far as the last episode specifically, they never really bothered to say why they need to keep Victor alive. Jonah gave 0 fucks so what was the? What is the point at all?

Hey but at least Molly finally ran away. I assume she's going right back but it was something.

>As far as the last episode specifically, they never really bothered to say why they need to keep Victor alive.
He is the only one who can build box. Also, I think Jonah still want to give them a sense of importance by not throwing Victor away like Garbage. he still need Pride, apparently, and after his little shtick of pushing them to sacirfice one of them, he doesn't want any more crack in their congregation. So at least making it look like he care about Victor might help.

Did they really pull the "kids these days don't even know what a VHS is" joke. It barely work with Molly because she seems disconnected with everything, but the 80's nostalgia is so much trending in the media nowadays that it's still hardly believable.

>He is the only one who can build box.

But he said he didn't need it.

He said, no more sacrifice for him. Doesn't means the tech won't be of use for him later.

I mean he's going to eventually right?

The way Dean was talking it seems like him being young and not a rotting old corpse is temporary.

He's going to need it one day. Maybe not at the moment, but it's coming

Do you think Jonah is just an old alien or a Gibborim?

>that it's nothing like the comic
>deviating so wildly from the source
It's not following the comic? I thought there were some time even int he comic before they actually hit the road, but is there more deviation? Are the parents more straightforward evil in the comic? Is Dr. Doom not the head of Pride in the comic?

the purple haired one looks like an even uglier version of ariel winter

There was like one issue where they really lived with their parents before seeing the sacrifice.

After that the next five issues were in the same night and they were running around trying to get evidence, trying to figure out what their parents were doing and finding out they had powers before finally running away

He said no more sacrifice. He didn't need it anymore. Guessing he already has something in place and it's probably in or under the school.

>Do you think Jonah is just an old alien or a Gibborim?

High tech alien. Gibborim just means mighty or hero in Hebrew so they could still make it stick to him. All their "powers" seem to have to do with tech he gave them.

Maybe he's an Asguardian or some shit.

Except for spreading it over a longer time, it seems like the series remains faithful.

>Except for spreading it over a longer time, it seems like the series remains faithful.

All the parents powers are tech related and they parents no longer fit the "villain" stereotypes the were originally created to be.
The kinda of ironies between the parents and kids/their powers don't exist anymore. For example Karolina's parents being hippy actors actually being warmongering aliens. Nico's parents being Sorcerers while being devout Catholics. Chase's parents being geniuses while Chase is a dumbass.
Killed Molly's parents.
Race changed Molly and Gert but they pretend they didn't on the latter.
Gave Nico a sister and killed her made it the reason she's Goth.
Karolina's parents (Leslie and frank) are no longer Aliens.
Nico, Alex, and Karolina's mom's hold far more power over the fathers making annoying power struggles.
Conversely Chase's mom isn't a scientist. Relegating her to the the position of useless abused wife.
Gert's parents are no longer time travellers and made Old Lace themselves and she accidentally really likes Gert. Gert doesn't believe her parents are evil.
Overall the kids have spent maybe 30 minutes together as a group.
They have yet to Runaway.

etc etc

All the stuff they've added to try to stretch out the show in itself goes on for far too long. They could have given them some time before the sacrifice to give the parents and kids more time together to show how it would be hard for some of them to believe their parents were evil. They could have done many of the things they've done with the parents while the kids were running away with the parents trying to act like everything was normal publicly.

The only issue I have with this show is Molly. She's awful here. Older, whiny, source of most of the team's problems.
In the comic she's a ray of sunshine.

Alex without an afro is wierd looking.

Show itself is meh. I just need something to kill time, but it's slowly getting more annoying to watch

For a show called Runaways they really don't runaway, huh