I'm considering scanning the 2016 reprint of Super Mario Adventure, since the old scans are 1000px and crummy. However...

I'm considering scanning the 2016 reprint of Super Mario Adventure, since the old scans are 1000px and crummy. However, I don't know if anyone would actually be interested in having the comic in better quality, because the original scan is perfectly legible (just a bit ugly). Would anyone be interested in it?

Pic related.

I definitely would, user. I fucking love this comic.

Wait, so the Mario Bros being plumbers IS Japanese canon and not something the US localizations and media made up? Sup Forums has been lying to me.

Please do.

Go ahead. I'm up for reading it.

>so the Mario Bros being plumbers IS Japanese canon

That assumes that the Super MArio Adventures comic is "canon."

And considering that "crazy daredevil" Peach has never been in the games, I'd take anything from this comic as not being "official."

The Mario Bros Adventures comics are Japanese, but "canon" in the same was as the Super Mario-kun manga. As in, not canon at all.

But it does at least show that Japanese audiences were familiar with the American portrayal of the Mario Bros as plumbers, even if it was never something canonical to the games.

I'll scan it then.

They were always plumbers, that was never something that was made up for America. Them being from Brooklyn is a different story.

Nice

I was reading this when I was a kid and I had to go to the bathroom but I didn't want to put it down so I doo doo'd all over myself.

What about Luigi being a coward? Wasn't that something the DiC cartoons made up that Nintendo eventually adopted for the games? The only portrayal of Luigi's personality in Japanese media before the DiC show was in the anime movie, and in that they characterized him as greedy and not cowardly.

its nice, i kinda like the cover of the original Zelda one that nintendo power had, has two dragons on it, always looked cool as shit.

im glad they got reprints though, shit was impossible to find outside of the books themselves and the issues of NP that had the comics.

I'd be interested in it. Make sure to include the title in the thread where you storytime it, so it'll be easier to find on the archive.

Isn't this technically manga?
It was made by a japanese author just like the Zelda one, so I don't really know if this counts at all.

Do it up, man. I bought the reprint because of those old scans. Shit's awesome.

They've definitely adapted stuff from this comic to some of the games over the years, like Luigi disguising himself as Peach and Bowser's snazzy white wedding tux.

I would be interested.

It was done by the Cyborg 009 author.

No, it's absolutely fucking obvious characterization to create for anyone with ANY background in writing.

Mario fights a dragon and saves the princess = he's a hero. He's a hero, so he must be courageous. That much we already know from the games.

If he has a brother, then the brother has to have a personality that is contrasting to Mario so to create interesting dynamic between them -- in writing that's called a 'foil' - Luigi has to be a foil to Mario.
Idea that brothers should have contrasting personalities in literature is also pretty much ANCIENT - it harkens back to story of Abel and Cain.

So if Mario is courageous, Luigi has to be a coward. That will create conflict between their personalities and goals.
This could be spun into drama, comedy, tragedy... once you have conflict, you have a story.

It's obvious, and almost every writer would create that independently because of common tropes. No credit to DiC writers is due.

I forgot how pissy Sup Forums gets when you try to give credit for character development to anyone but Grorious Nippon...

>No, it's absolutely fucking obvious characterization to create for anyone with ANY background in writing

Yeah, so fucking obvious that the writers for Mission to Rescue Princess Peach forgot to do it.

Unrelated, but I have an drug abuse awareness Teen Titans comic from the 80s somewhere in my closet. It's not rare or anything, but it might be fun to story time here. So should I do it? I'll only be here till next Monday and I'll have to dig it out of my closet.

>Them being from Brooklyn is a different story.

The Super Mario Bros movie was dubbed and released in Japan the same year as it was in the US. So this idea that the Japanese have always been 100% oblivious to the US storyline of the Mario Bros being plumbers from Brooklyn is factually wrong. They may not have gotten the DiC cartoons, but they got the movie which had that origin for them.

I'd love a digital copy. I bought the reprints of both this and the Link to the Past comics, but both are near fallen apart due to overuse during my childhood.

Same here.

They also made Luigi blue and yellow. And also red and blue in some artwork.

There is also the new releases if you want a new physical copy.

Please do.

Also, try to post the second Mario vs. Wario comic that the 2016 reprint failed to remember about.

That's fucking retarded. Two brothers broing out on the highway to ADVENTURE would be fucking awesome.