With Dreamworks pumping out so many Netflix shows, when will this get a shot? It'd be amazing as a series

With Dreamworks pumping out so many Netflix shows, when will this get a shot? It'd be amazing as a series.

Other urls found in this thread:

riseoftheguardians.wikia.com/wiki/Toothiana#The_Guardians_of_Childhood
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Feels like they'd need another girl for the team lineup. Who should it be?

Also Cupid might be fun if they made him a sexy teen archer and not a baby.

I can imagine they'll get Fred Tatasciore to voice match Alec Baldwin again as North for a show.

This was such a surprisingly damn good movie.

Yes to Cupid. No to more girls unless it's someone interesting and they don't add one just for the sake of having one, and I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

Maybe Mother Nature and Father Time? Sort of omnipresent, mysterious. Kings among kings types who only intervene when absolutely necessary.

I want Jack Frost to have a wacky uncle who's Old Man Winter

Side note I've never seen this movie.

I could see some sort of pantheon of elder figures.

Mother Nature and Father Time at the head.

Old Man Winter.

Mother Goose or Anansi, or just combine all the storyteller figures into the Mother of Stories or something.

As for people who'd be on the team... St. Patrick (a hedonistic Leprechaun king farrrrr removed from the religious origin), and Uncle Sam, who stands for FREEDOM and LIBERTY.

Dreamworks like to milk the shit out of something if it makes them money but something that doesn't will forever be forgotten.

Dreamworks has SOME of the untapped Western Fujo market with Voltron. They'd be crazy not to follow it up, especially if, as posted earlier, Cupid was a hot boy for Jack to have UST with.

Yes, but Netflix giving them free money to make whatever clearly gives them room to experiment with their library.

I am so happy their deal is extending. All the DW Netflix shows have been decent at worst to absolute kino.

They did the unthinkable and made Tip and Oh likable. How is that possible?!

Yeah, they’ve been an interesting watch and was surprisingly sad to see them all starting to end.
While it looks like the current forecast is to go the safe route and give all the current movies a show, I’m betting we’ll get another deep dive like spirit along the line

Why not something from a spooky legend, like a banshee or something, maybe a valkyria who inspires the warriors.

This brings up a good point, aho woulf the villains be? The Boogey Man was kind of the Be All End All for things kids are scared of.

I could see maybe some regional variants, Like Tailypo or local ghosts, but everything else seems like a step down.

Death

Satan?

Halloween?

>Director makes a horror movie "based on a true story"
>Kids thinking the monster is real makes it real

Sort of a Blair Witch thing.

Father Time, Mother Nature and Mother Goose are all characters in the books that Rise of The Guardian's were based on. In fact Mother Goose, or Katherine kinda fills the role that Jamie (the normal kid) filled in the movie by being the POV entrance to the world. Mother Nature is incidentally Pitch's daughter, and Father Time is this guy called Ombric.

Plus Man in Moon kinda already fills that omniscient role.

Watched this as part of my family's Xmas movie marathon, and it's honestly so much better than I remember. Such a shame it didn't rake in a lot at the Box Office because fucking hell it's beautiful and actually a shit ton of fun.

How about Krampus?

I think any Halloween rep would have to be an antihero, someone who seems threatening but is ultimately good.

Halloween is all about kids exploring what scares them in a safe way and becoming braver because of it. He'd definitely be mischevious and a bit of a fear fetishist, but he wouldn't want to actually harm any kids.

It’s probsbly because they tried to market it as an Xmas movie when it actually happens during Easter

Krampus might be fun as a strict disciplinarian who thinks that's better for kids than rewarding them.

Evil, but with his own code of ethics.

Watched it on TV on Christmas Eve. Saw it at cinema with college classmates back when it premiered, and it was even better than I remembered. Beautiful animation AND design, and the Tooth Fairy was just too fucking cute.

>Old Man Winter.
I think Jack Frost already fulfills that niche.
Maybe other seasonal figures? Like the May Queen and stuff.

Might happen, since it's becoming more and more popular. Maybe a sort of balancing figure for North in the naughty/nice dynamic?

>The Guardians face off against a rival AMERICA team of Johnny Appleseed, John Henry, and Rosie the Riveter.
>Uncle Sam is the one to make peace.

I mean, you could do a prequel, right?
The actual books cover everyone’s origins, not just Jack

Give me my motherfucking El Dorado series already, DreamWorks!

wait there were books
why wasn't I informed of this

Depends on if they are gonna do anything with Fable

Well yeah, the movie is a distant sequel to the book series.

Also, Book Toothiana>>>Movie Toothiana

>Wizards
I'm sure it's a coincidence, but man if it had a connection to the Ralph Bakshi movie I'd be really happy

also wonder why they haven't given Megamind a show yet, or for that matter tried revisiting El Dorado for a Netflix series

Baba Yaga or some other kind of archetypal witch.

Some sort of trickster dealmaker, like Rumplestiltskin or a Djinn. Something to do with Monkey's Paws, as well.

A rogue psychopump. Maybe they want to usurp Death or just kill everyone to stop guiding souls forever.

Just an old school sadistic asshole elf/fae.

Toothiana's personal nemesis is the Monkey King. Not actually Sun Wukong though, but a cursed maharajah/hunter that was seeking out the flying elephants of the hidden realm that became the Tooth Palace. Her father was a slave of the maharaja and her mother was one of the fae that protected the flying elephants (guardian beasts of the Tooth Palace because as well all know, elephants never forget). The maharajah ended up taking a shot at her, the slave ended up taking the shot, having fallen in love at first sight, and for his trouble, the Maharajah was stripped of his humanity and cast out.

For a time, Toothiana's family lived in a nearby village, but when she lost her last baby tooth and she hit puberty, the feathers started coming in and she was seen as a monster and her parents were accused of witchcraft. As she took to surviving in the woods really well, the angry villagers hired a hunter to pursue her: the Monkey King, who used the parents as bait to lure her in. In the chaos of the battle that ensued, her parents died and the Monkey King got away, and Toothiana was left as the sole guardian of the hidden Tooth Palace because of some link between her mother and her sisters resulting in them going down with her.

riseoftheguardians.wikia.com/wiki/Toothiana#The_Guardians_of_Childhood

You're just angling for Cupid/Jack homoshit, aren't you?

Not him, but my dick wouldn't mind it.

Also, while I'm explaining book lore, let's talk about Pitch's backstory.

Pitch was originally known as Kosmosis Pitchiner, a general and war hero hailing from Orion's belt in an ancient cosmic war between the forces of a interstellar federation known as the Constellations and the Nightmares and was involved in the capture of many of these enemy combatants, who were trapped in an impenetrable lead fortress.

Pitchiner was also a family man who loved his daughter and fell into a great despair when a band of Dream Pirates raided his home, killed his wife and separated him from his child (who eventually ended up on Earth and became our Mother Nature). In grief, he took on the job as warden and sole guard of the nightmare prison, but the prisoners kept playing on his fears and doubts, imitating the sound of his daughter's voice and begging him to open the door to let them out. After putting up with that crap for about a year, he finally cracked, opened the door just a smidge and was entirely overwhelmed by the dark powers within, corrupted body and soul and becoming the Nightmare King.

He started rampaging across the Constellations of the galaxy in a Nightmare Galleon, dragging planets into black holes with powerful anchors, corrupting the souls of little children to create Fearling slaves, and driving civilizations into self-destruction through his spread of fear and madness. However, having become an empty nester, he was looking for a substitute for his daughter to share in his dark power and one of the few remaining bits of the Constellation nobility were the Lunanoffs, the family of the then infant Man in the Moon, a perfect target. In the battle that ensued, the Man in the Moon's parents seemingly gave their lives to protect their son, Pitch was sealed away on Earth by their bodyguard Nightlight, and the Lunanoff's ship was left in Earth's orbit to become our Moon.

Ooh, maybe as North's former partner who he had a falling out with? Voiced by Sacha Baron Cohen or something.

He's too expensive for a TV Show, best get Danny Jacobs instead.
He's the budget Sacha Baron Cohen, if you know what I mean.

>Jack is meant to represent fun and freedom
>Shadowdude is meant to represent fear
>Shadowdude is angry cause humanity hates him or whatever
Why didn't they use this the opportunity to turn him into Halloween?

I seriously thought that was what they were going with, Jack teaches him that fear don't got to be evil and he gets his own little holiday that kids love, and as a thank you and way to honor frost he names one of his traditions after him i.e. Jack-O-Lanterns.

Am I the only one that saw this connection/failed opportunity?

Movie Pitch's motivations are so poorly defined because they kept on nerfing him in later drafts. Like backstory closer to the books like aside, Pitch was originally going to be more shadowy and inhuman and the climax of the movie would have involved him using the Nightmare Galleon to harpoon the moon into place to create an eclipse to gather his strength and rally his forces for some final revenge assault on the Man in the Moon.

Sure but that's the book/first draft. I'm talking about the film we actually got.
What we got was basically some prick who was jealous of the guardians because they were beloved by humans, so why not write around that instead and make that interesting?

I'm already aware that this films Shadowchutlu is different from the actual book, so why not utilize that to go in a different direction instead?

No it wouldn't

Chel's gonna get majorly desexified.

Maybe Bloody Mary or headless horseman(but as a ghost rider ripoff) or maybe even lord moldybutt or just any lovecraftian shit they can make up.