What are your hopes?

what are your hopes?

Other urls found in this thread:

dccomics.com/thebulletin
comicsheatingup.net/2017/12/27/spoilers-doomsday-clock-2-is-dc-rewriting-watchmen-history/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

for the preview to be released already

also new backmatter-y stuff here
dccomics.com/thebulletin

the side ad/reference to bannermain chemicals is an hourman reference

Lex and Adrien doing mad science.

More of the mime

Cool. I hope all the online stuff will be in the collected version when it's all done.

None, since the first issue already proved it would be a shameless cash grab.

It'll be shit, and I won't ever read it.

Then why come into the thread?
Why actively enter conversations about things you don't like?

>muh sacred cow
Fuck off Moorefags.

My hopes are that they give a good reason for how Adrian and his band of fucks manage to get to the DC Universe.
And I mean, seriously, HOW the fuck do they manage to cross dimensions?

That it’ll be released faster & end. Just like Metal has been running on for too long.

I really like this picture, whatever else.

>Implying Veidt is ever close to Lex in terms of intelligence
The world's smartest man on Watchmen's earth is nowhere near that of any of DC's regular genius charcaters, let alone Lex, lex would just get frustrated

World Peace

Season Two

My hopes are low. But I hope that the writing of Rorschach is explained somehow and not an serious attempt to write him similar to the original.

But it's deliberately different, it's a surface level understanding of how Rorschach speaks and writes. It's almost as if its a different person who only knew or heard about Rorschach breifly

>"Bizarre "green" fire destroys All-American Steel factory"
>Alan Scott's first appearance: All-American Comics #16

GUYS

>what are your hopes?
Gary Frank learns to draw everyone as Adam West for a change

>Yfw they're showing the DCU's WWII in Doomsday Clock
>Yfw it shown Manhattan making everyone forget about the JSA
>Yfw this is them working their way back

Why do you only want circlejerking in your threads?

Johns goes full retard and gives us a hilariously bad trainwreck, rather than just boring crap.

SPOILERS
comicsheatingup.net/2017/12/27/spoilers-doomsday-clock-2-is-dc-rewriting-watchmen-history/

all I can say is..wow

in short
>comedian comes back
>rorschach's real name seems to be reggie
>>flashback for mime and marionette
>dr. manhattan is blue because they're electrons leaking off his body, which leaves a trail to find him
>they find out about another universe, which has characters that are fictional in the watchmen universe
>comedian is alive
>rorschach and batman meet

posted the comedian thing twice woops

I hope that the Superman part of the story will be good, at least. The other story branches are mostly secondary to me.

Dude, could you not use a spoiler tag?

why?

Yeah Lex does Ozy level of shit every fucking day he’s single handle reverse engineered alien super weapons just to fuck with Superman

Honestly, I just follow it to see how the moorefags cry

Literally what the fuck.
Comedian’s Death was one of THE focal points in Watchmen, why the fuck are they bringing him back from the dead?
And does this means Kovacs is coming back at some point too?

>Huh, okay none of this is too ba-MOTHER FUCKER
Johns continues to be a fucking hack, I see.

They've literally already explained that in the Titans and Flash comics that the key to retrieving the past is finding the JSA

Just the usual things, a nice place of my own, the right girl, a chance to really show the world who I am, I guess.

Did you see his body in the casket at his funeral? Do you know what happened to his body after it hit the pavement? Unless we're explicitly shown and told, it's all up in the air. I'm sure Johns has a great reveal coming up.

very possibly they will only say that he never died.

comedian being alive renders the narrative of watchmen moot. his death was the catalyst for the whole narrative, from page one. to do this renders much of watchmen inert

cancellation and decanomization

I’m assuming it’s another one of Manhattan’s tricks again to throw them off his trail a little bit as they’re preoccupied with Comedian, considering Manhattan has that power and the Comedian doesn’t look like he was thrown out a building

Wait a moment ... that means OH SHIT

Awww shit nigga

>muh narrative
the tears are great

Eh I hope for a better than average Johns' issue given his disastrous track record in the last 5 years. His first issue gave me hope that he's getting out of his slump. I of course don't expect the cereal lord to reach the heights of guys like Priest or Morrison.

Why is that? The world and his former allies all believed he was dead anyway and it got the ball rolling. Just wait until it shows how he was secretly behind the scenes throughout the first book. It'll be great.

>it'll be great
somehow I doubt this. Johns isn't even all that good enough of a writer to pull off the execution of that

Johns hasn't written a decent comic since the GL finale.

My god, where does the time go? It's been that long.

Even that's being too generous to Johns.

there is discussion to be had about things you dislike. do you only have patience for things you actively enjoy?

I bet Johns had a boner when he was writing this. The fucking hack.

>writing is mediocre shit
>"lol, you just hate it because muh sacred cow"
Johns has always been a shit writer for any property, him writing for the Watchmen universe doesn't change that.

not the person that wrote , but they miss some things

>Mime and Marionette were recruited by Ozymandias because they were the only 2 Dr. Manhattan looked at and didn't kill
>Rorschach,Mime,Marionette and Ozymandias travel to the DCU using the owlship to find Dr.Manhattan
>They split up, Rorscach goes to Gotham library to read up on the DCU and that is where we see the website right here
>Rorscach finds a tunnel under the gotham library that leads to the batcave, then Batman shows up.
>At the same time, Ozymandias meets up with the smartest man in the DCU, which we find out to be Lex.
>Their conversation is broken up because Comedian shows up and tries to kill Ozymandias, but shoots Lex instead.(End of issue)

>why the fuck are they bringing him back from the dead

>comedian comes back
Johns is a fucking hack but I didn't think he had it in him to do this.

Does the new Rorscach have Dyslexia or something? He confused the number 13 with 31 and couldn't tell the difference between left or right on my re-read of #1 in preparation for #2 tomorrow.

Calling it now, Mime becomes one of the Jokers running around in the current DCU

So now the Owlship can do cross-dimensional travels?
What?
And wow, Blackschach literally finds a tunnel leading to the Batcave? Just like that? That is fucking bullshit.

That would be cool

The op was asking for opinions on the book. They don't have to be positive.

>>Rorscach finds a tunnel under the gotham library that leads to the batcave
what

>>rorschach's real name seems to be reggie
we knew this anyway from the news clippings in issue 1

he's obviously the black thief who got framed

>what are your hopes?

That like Dr. Manhattan's close associates, everyone connected to it develops cancer.
Writers, artists, pencillers, inkers, and especially anyone who buys it.

this

What if I pirate it?

Try and fucking stop me faggot.

What's your name and address?

Post a video of yourself with your phone.

That Marvel begs Igar to give them a few extra million, so that they can beg Cereal Lord to come work for them as the next EIC after Japan Boy whiffs in six more months, and he starts writing Stucky fan fic across all major books.

>hur hur it sucked because Johns is a shit writer
At least make some good criticism, idiot.

Oh shit, they replaced Big Boy/John Byrne hybrid with Brian Cunningham as the mascot for Big Belly Burger

Then your cancer will go in remission once you promise to go to your local LCS and buy it.

But then, of course, buying will make it come back raging hard. So you're fucked either way, mate.

>dr. manhattan is blue because they're electrons leaking off his body, which leaves a trail to find him

Fucking hell. Manhattan is blue because of Cherenkov radiation, which is an actual thing and also something that could be used to find him instead of this dumb electron shit

"eat it then beat it:

what did they mean by this?

You're right, that is a weak criticism. His Rorschach sounds retarded, the dialogue in general is fucking awful, the plot plays out like a child dumping out their toybox and creating a story based on the toys they grab, the story so far completely shits on the plot of Watchmen with stuff like bringing the Comedian back or having Ozymandias' plot being revealed so early, the comic has multiple cringe-worthy attempts at being trying to be topical, the very concept itself lacks any sort of creativity and reeks of corporate mandate, AND Johns is simply a shit writer that hasn't written ever written anything worthy of praise in his life. And outside of just learning about him bringing the Comedian back to life, this is all from the first issue. This might actually be worse than Before Watchmen which I didn't think would ever be possible.

Could you be more specific with
>The comedian is back.
Is he back as in body and flesh. Or is he back as the comic gave us a peak on what very likely could be the comedian but not really.

I don't see the corporate mandate on this. I can see this comic as overhyped by the marketing but as of yet i don't feel Geoff Jones folowing any corporate agenda.

Eh, I just don't think he came up with the idea independently. It's incredibly likely someone higher up at DC saw that Watchmen was a profitable IP and came to Johns with the idea of a crossover but left the details up to him. And why wouldn't they? They did the same thing with Before Watchmen so it's pretty likely they did the same thing here.

He actually goes to wayne manor searching for bruce and he snoops around until he finds the batcave

This is exactly what happened
Johns is a retard, but even he knewthis was a exctrmely controversial idea ahd that there would be a backlash, he is just doing the story the suits told him to do.

it's the tumor causing Ozymandias to hallucinate.

I hope it bombs so hard that in the future whenever people say DC they will mean Washington DC

Johns has been mining everything Moore did since his early Green Lantern days. If he gave a shit about backlash he probably would've seen Justice League flopping with the reshoots.

Why is Dr. Manhattan hyped up, when there are being in the DCU that can kick his ass or even kill him? What is the fucking point of this story?

>Picking his weapons out of the locker.
>Putting his gun to the back of Rorschach's head.
Fuck. A single issue, and I already love him.

>Eat your fucking burger and get out so the next obese slob can stuff his maw with our greasy, disgusting garbage food, you filthy fucking animal.

Fuck John Byrne.

That it’s over and forgotten quickly so DC can start producing quality comics again

That Geoff Johns fucks off forever

This! He is the biggest back in comics since Peter David.

>your local LCS

your local local comic book store, to buy detective comics comics comics, right?

OG Wally being mentioned and hopefully a relevant part of the story. Like DC Rebirth promised.

A guy can dream.