How did it feel when it turned out that he was abusive?

How did it feel when it turned out that he was abusive?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pdrekbt8clw
youtube.com/watch?v=aWR1AW404No
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Unnecessary and disappointing , why couldn't his brother simply be a good guy? Did they want to push blood doesn't make people family, just to make edds bond look morevlike brothers? Stupid.

Do you not remember when Sarah and Jimmy pretended to be his brother and Eddy was shitting his pants in fear? Him being abused and his brother being a dick makes a lot of sense considering how the neighborhood reacted when Eddy convinced the kids his brother was coming back.

Not even the only hint his brother was abusive or undesirable. Theres a few subtle details throughout the show.rhat he wasnt a good guy. one notible one being that his bedroom door was sealed over in the house afrer he moved out. It was clearly something that parents would probably do when they wanna wipe away anything unpleasant from their memories. Probably didnt throw any of his stuff away out of fear he might react agressively if he ever returned.

betrayed

But isn't the dumb one also terribly afraid of his parents? and that guy has super human stats, does that mean his parents are abusive metas?

Made perfect sense within the context of the rest of the series. Probably one of the greatest cartoon endings of all time.

All of the Eds have shitty homelifes.

Eddy-Abused by brother and the runt of a family of mountain men.
Ed-Strict authoritative parents who take his golden child sister's word over his.
Double D-Largely absent parents that only communicate to him through sticky notes.

>Probably one of the greatest cartoon endings of all time.

Can you elaborate a bit on this?

Which of the Kankers did he fuck first?

I mean that's messed up since the guy clearly has real mental disabilities. To out right punish for minor things and make him at the mercy of his sister.

>that fan fic animation where he knocked up a trailer park girl
>implies eddy and the kankers are related

I never got that DD's parents were abusive, just busy. He didn't really seem to mind.

Eddy and the gang are outcasts for most of the series. They're tolerated outsiders amidst a group of friends. Obviously, they act a little weird from time to time, but there's a wedge between them and the rest of the kids.

When they finally encounter Eddy's brother and see how he interacts with him, there's a moment of maturity where they suddenly understand the relationship between the two.

>why couldn't his brother simply be a good guy?
Because it was stated many times though the show than Eddy brother don't like him, don't respect him, was always trying to stop Eddy from stealing his stuff and was pretty violent when Eddy refused to obey his orders.

abandoning your child like that is still abuse man

>felt bad man

Don't bother, that user has autism

More neglectful than abusive

Unsurprised and confused at everyone else's reaction.

Made sense seeing how his own brother's parents basically didn't want anything to do with the jackass.

Glad.

Because all the subtext and clues throughout the show like mentioned are finally settled.

Eddy's bro is a massive cunt that gets violent and abusive against people that isn't in a cartoony sense, it was in a "shit got a little real" sense.

Look at the final scene again when Eddy's brother starts beating up Eddy and Double D. It's fucked up how Eddy desperately wants affection from the one person he looked up to only to get beaten. Hell it's even better that the whole cul de sac saw it because everyone finally understands the rumors about this infamous guy from their community.

I really do appreciate EEnE as a show because it was super slap sticky but it didn't have to be a serious cartoon to show emotion or serious moments.

Having his brother be an asshole was great. Something about the whole show was just childhood fantasies pushed to an obnoxious degree, but at the same time putting that obnoxiousness into an actual fucked up relationship was great. Even though exaggerated gags should make you more emotional (like the entire show did for humor), the exaggeration of Eddy's brother beating him up made it real but not in a hamfisted way. I wish I could describe it better.

Also we knew he was an asshole from multiple points during the show itself (all of the kids being afraid of him returning, his Spookyville map being a prank on Eddy, etc).

It was one of the best endings to a cartoon I think.

Ed's parents grounded him by removing the stairs leading from his room in the basement to the main floor.

THEY FUCKING REMOVED THE STAIRS

I had an abusive brother, so i guess it made eddy more understandable. or something

>implying a kid like Eddy didn't deserve to get the shit beat out of him on a regular basis

I was very confused

I thought the brother was doing some slap stick gags with eddy but it just kept going on and on and it didn't make sense to me at the time why the brother would ever hurt eddy

Going from kid to adult and looking back at this scene makes things a lot clearer and reminds me how lame the real world can actually be sometimes

I feel related

>an abusive white male
Didn't feel surprised

Thats perfect. You went from the delusions of Eddy to the firmness of the cul de sac kids.

>afraid of his parents?
Ed's chiefly afraid of his mother who takes Sarah's side. Sarah's line even specifically goes "I'm telling mom" showing the favoritism, and he often tells her "don't tell mom."
He also mentions himself that his father often just tries to ignore the three of them and likely does whatever gets them out of his face, which is clearly what gives Ed's mother and sister so much authority in the house.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pdrekbt8clw
youtube.com/watch?v=aWR1AW404No

I'd use the weird episode where Ed clearly has issues of conflict when in her presence, but that was all a dream and Johnny's at that.
Checking the wiki on that episode though, I did find this note on her charaacter
>In the series bible, it says their (Sarah and Ed) mom goes to therapy and xeroxes Ed's drawings to show her therapist. (formerly on Kit's AKA website
Ominous stuff. I mean I can get being worried if my kid was like Ed, doing and drawing the stuff he does, but why is she at therapy instead of taking him there about it?

>not considering eddy was like that due to the poor influence and behavior of his brother who he tries to copy.

Nigga fugged the red head first

>but why is she at therapy instead of taking him there about it?

Probably one of those typical suburban parents that knows they're fucking up their kids, but would rather focus on their own issues than working with their kids to iron things out.

Him purposely acting like an asshole and picking on people might be an attempt to copy his brother, but even disregarding that he's still always irritable and impatient and uppity. I wouldn't say he deserved to get the shit beat out of him, but any time he got grounded was likely justified.

I think the exaggerated cartoon violence works particularly well in that scene because it’s like a portrayal of how, as a younger sibling, your older siblings seem like superpowered insurmountable foes.

I was confused at first, then when I realised that he really is abusive, I was quite impressed. Pulling of a twist of that scale, one the spanned over several year from the beginning of the series, that was fantastic.
I first watched this film after first doing a marathon of each episode one summer a few years ago, so that really made the revelation of Ed's Brother a really interesting way to top things off.

Why do muricans have to make such a big deal out of this, WOW A CHARACTER IN A CARTOON IS ABUSIVE LOL like this isn't such an unusual thing, it's not like he was a rapist or a serial killer

In my fanfic he is

No neglected child minds because they have the excuse they work a lot. He had a bit of forced happiness and disappointment in some scenes when he thought behind the door would be them but instead it's a sticky note. Neglect is still neglect.

Whatever, I'd rather be in a rich family and not see my parents than be a poorfag with normal parents.

Can happen in real homes sadly.
Some families are ashamed and annoyed of their special needs children or just don't understand they need to be handled differently.

I had a friend who was a super friendly guy. But he was special and talked a bit too much. He sat at a table at a school event with me and my mom. Just having a fucking conversation about normal shit his brother would tell him to be quiet when we engaged him to talk. Then his parents walked by when he got really happy, not even loud and told him to be quiet. Great guy but they were obviously embarrassed by him just being him. He would look down at the table and obviously didn't know what he did wrong.

My brother on the other hand talked even louder, can copy a cartoon characters voice exactly, and would say lines from cartoons he memorized by heart at random and talk them to himself. I would try to shush him but my mom always insisted he was allowed to be himself.

No you wouldn't. You wouldn't have the life experience of a poor home so to you them being gone would be the worst thing ever.

We're not talking about you having the family credit card for wild shopping sprees alone. You would be a child alone in a big house with no chance to build memories or visit fun places.

I'm not speaking hypothetically. I'm speaking from experience. My parents neglected me because they were out making money, and I think my life is pretty good now.

Why do people on Sup Forums take this show so seriously

because it is high quality and enjoyable. it could be nostalgia for alot of people, but given that the nostalgia for it is stronger than other shows people have nostalgia for, means it had more positive qualities. it still holds up well and is still enjoyable putting it up there with the best.

This
>there will never be another cartoon of such quality

I'm still not sure if any other show has ever had someone remove someone else's outline before, or since.

That episode was god tier
I'm sure if Xavier Renegade Angel might've done something similar

I never really interpreted Double D's parents as being neglectful. It's not like they don't give him any attention, the episode with the fake notes shows that he has a whole bedtime routine every night where someone takes like an hour to tuck him in. In one of the school episodes his mom packs him a special lunch to cheer him up, showing that they at least notice when he's in distress. You never see them, sure, but you never see ANYBODY'S parents outside the one episode where you see their arms. I'd say it's more that they just do shit without telling him and thus don't really take his opinions into consideration.
>decide to renovate house and remove the bathroom without telling him, ostensibly while already knowing he's really finicky about personal hygiene
>take advantage of his helpful nature by asking him to do all of the household chores, not considering that he's a kid and would really like to be out doing shit with his friends