God damn this movie sucks so much fucking dick

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V1bFr2SWP1I
youtu.be/Lh3Zur-ckX8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=V1bFr2SWP1I

>97726467
]you[

The lore would have made a better movie.

Begone, LOREfag!

All I remember about it was that it was dark and there was a lot of death and muted colors. Were there any particular highlights?

>I do not know how to rewatch movies

I don't have an interest in rewatching because it clearly didn't leave an impact on me, I just want to know the good or shitty parts.

lorefags are the backbone of any community

harsh

it was alright, I liked a lot of the designs/visuals

It was like an animation students pretentious 2 minute art video stretched out for over an hour.

Like you do know thats exactly what it was right? or are you joking?

And not-nazis.

Great art direction wishing it's plot was half as good.

A decent 7/10.

Okay plot, beautiful visual effects, kino voice acting.

I think 9 is what happens when you have a film that's all style and no substance.

At least the beast robots were stellar designs, Seamstress still creeps me out a bit.

>The official Facebook updated for the first time in forever this year
WHAT DOES IT MEAN

Eh, it was alright. Got head after, so might be biased

Completely forgot this movie existed
I remember thinking it was fine as a kid

I have to disagree. The voice acting really fell flat. It could have just been that the dialogue was bad, but I think it was a combination of both.
The visuals were definitely the strongest point of this film, specifically the robots.

Your mother is the backbone of the community.

Such high praise!

Fuck off I liked that movie

The dialogue was likely intentionally awkward, as each of those ragdolls represents part of a person's personality.

It really did need more background story though. If you're going to make something surprisingly dark you can do a better job showing why.

I liked it!

>DEPPEST
>LORE
Hey, Gyise! Wanna read my 20page theory essay about how the movie is an allegory of the Bharatavarsha!?
Wanna have a three hour long conversation on the symbolism of a characters hand gestures!?
Someone, please, tell me I'm smart!!!

Sometimes One must be sacrificed.

You say that like fandoms are a good thing.

The worst part is the short it was based on wasn’t pretty good, but yeah the movie was ass. There really wasn’t enough in that short to stretch out to feature length.

The voice acting was just an unnecessary detail. Clearly, Shane Acker can't direct voices.
youtu.be/Lh3Zur-ckX8

>Post-war state (according to the website)
>CHANCELLOR promises promises prosperity
>Chancellor raises his right arm
>Robots have stahlhelms
Yep! Not-nazis.

GOLD

Original 9 Short Film > Big Budget 9 Animated Film

Why do they all die? WHat kind of message

That's what happens when you try to turn a seven minute short into a seventy minute feature film.

It was actually pretty neat up to the unneeded and stupid final act.

Damn I had such high hopes for this movie. I loved the art style and I was in the mood for something fresh and strange at the time. Then the plot just turns out to be a generic "Oops! I dun goofed now I'll fixed it and that means I'm a hero" bullshit. There were so many better places this could have gone and they wasted it.

It has a lot of good stuff.

You'd have to be retarded to act like they didn't flesh out the backstory for several months before the movie's release.

you can have all the backstory in the world, but a shitty story is a shitty story.

Why didn't they end it so that the Fabrication Machine ate all the dolls? All the sackthings are pieces of the inventor's soul, so wouldn't the inventor's soul become whole again if the machine ate them all? Then they could use the machine to rebuild humanity or something now that it is sentient.

There could've been an epiphany moment where 9 realises this just before he loses all hope, and it would've fit really well in such a bleak film.

Don't you play with me like that

It did user, go look.

Started fine. Then became some sort of incredibly bizarre nu-age hippy nonsense story.

This movie kinda creeped me out when I was a kid, specially the characters deaths.

What's the name?

oh yeah, thanks

So why do you guys think the Facebook updated recently? Sequel maybe? I don't think it did too well when it was in theaters

No one was arguing against that.

and a half

Wouldnt that make them notzis

Those robots look like bastard children of WOTW Tripods and Imperial AT-ST walkers.