Least I Could Do and turning Liberal

I just saw an ad for this on Facebook and decided to check it out.
The creator turned into a huge liberal pussy.

I used to read this back in my early teens but stopped paying attention when the creator started writing the comic going more and more left, but he's a full blown SJW now.

Is it the fate of every comic creator to turn into an SJW?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Burros
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>someone who actually liked LICD at one point

Jesus wept.

If by "turn into an SJW", you mean "follow whatever trend will get them talked about", then yes, many comic creators do tend to take that route eventually. It'd be a mistake to think it has anything to do with the creator's actual politics, though- nine times out of ten, it's to bilk more money out of people that will buy anything promoting their worldview, and more clicks from people that will hate-read anything "the opposition" does. The ones that don't go that route don't tend to be in the business for the sake of monetizing their IP.

I've rarely seen a more obvious example of following the trends than the creator of LICD's steady turn into leftist territory, though. Say what you will about Sohmer, he's nothing if not a shrewd businessman, and being one of the few webcomic creators that can and has maintained a daily update schedule, I'm sure he could see which way the wind was blowing and adjusted accordingly to keep his comic profitable without making the transition seem too jarring.

The irony is that given the comic's reputation as a giant masturbatory fantasy filled with sexist and racist caricatures of all stripes, Sohmer's attempt to write Rayne as some kind of socially conscious progressive reads more like one of those predatory "male feminists" that hang around college campuses pretending to be SJWs to pick up women.

>that disgusting "manface" on the thing

at least he got that right

Christ, what is the attraction to SJW nonsense to white men? Thats like a jew joining the local KKK

>The creator turned into a huge liberal pussy.

...because he doesn't automatically attack trans people?

Remember when LICD was a comic about the writer's self insert being a playboy that enjoys playing jokes on friends and achieving in life despite their lack of actual skills?

I could see it appealing to 13 year olds.

And because his self insert character adopted a muslim refugee family and they lived together in harmony.
And he constantly has a hate boner for Trump.
And his blogs are filled with SJW BS.

What are the odds the writer has groped harassed a few women over the years.

Same as the odds Jeph Jacques is secretly wanting to transition?

>y.
>And he constantly has a hate boner for Trump.
who doesnt besides retards doubling down?
>inb4 it was her turn
I wrote in jeb

>people unironically saying they liked LICD

What happened to you, Sup Forums? Remember all of the threads we had making fun of it?

The LICD:Annotated Series was legit fantastic.

why do you care op, if something you enjoy no longer entertain's you find something else, the fact that almost all comics at some point have political rhetoric at some point in time, if the author of a comic doesn't like trump that his choice, find someone who follows your beliefs and stop bitching

Is Lar Desouza dead and all his assets being used to copy-paste create strips?

That guy looks like one of the characters from Nameless.

i dont get it at all

i understand some americunt arcane shit happens there tho

I've never read the strip, but I've seen enough of it posted here on Sup Forums to acknowledge this is pretty strange. Wasn't the whole point of the comic this kind of depraved celebration of chauvinism and misogyny? A few years ago we were all laughing about the kind of unexamined dick-waving power fantasy that the comic represented. I guess now it's become an unexamined dick-waving morality play.

>the absolute state of Least I Cuck Dudes
Aha ha ha ha ha
It gives me an erection to watch Lars crash and burn like this

>reading Ryan Sohmer comics to begin with
That's like going "Man, I really loved Andrew Dobson's comics until I found he was a huge SJW!"

>you either have to hate trump or love him
This is the kinda shit that annoys me

I know the artist Lar Desouza from way back before LICD, he and his family are super nice and super talented, he's an older guy but you Americans would probably consider them outrageously liberal as they are Canadian. And SJW/liberal for being very empathetic, caring, always very gender egalitarian from many decades ago and such as well as happy, successful, beloved by community, social. I don't know the writer but early LICD was the opposite of Desouza's wown writing, if anything. Lar is as far from a Sup Forums poster as anyone I have ever known. Just a sweet great and wonderful person.

I love when bigots piss themselves in fear and rage at people even acknowledging trans people exist. How triggered of you.

So you're saying that you were happy to read a shit webcomic as long as it wasn't too liberal?
Where's logic in that.
You should read it if it's good, not if it agrees with your worldview.
In fact you should read good things that don't exactly agree with it, that's how you expand your consciousness.
(instead of circle jerking on Sup Forums about SJW boogeymen)

Funny you should say that, because SJWs don't practice what they preach.

What do you think "de-platforming" is?

I think this post why people think Sup Forumsmblr is a thing.

LICD was NEVER good, and if there's one webcomic that showed how insincere this whole Social Justice ploy is, that comic is numero uno.

I don't know if it's worse than how Sinfest turned out, because Sinfest's transformation was more jarring yet more sincere in that the authour going batshit insane.

>And he constantly has a hate boner for Trump.
There was an LICD thread a few weeks ago on Sup Forums, and it prompted me to check the site since I hadn't read it in years at that point. Went back through a couple of weeks worth of strips, each and every one was Sohmer bitching at Trump. He went full Colbert.

Also, Sinfest used to be good.

You have shitty taste.

That's a transman, so of course they would have a manly face, dumbass.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Burros

It's possible

>cis
Disregarded.

>>Not all heroes wear capes

I'm surprised Ryan doesn't just post a pic of himself jerking off to how awesome he is

Does the term heterosexual trigger you as well?

Neither term triggers me, I don't have PTSD.

LICD was never good

Same with the meandering and plotless WoW comic he did.

Or trying to meme his way into writing Deadpool when that was big.

Sohmer is easily influenced by trends because attention is what he craves.

People don’t want to challenge themselves, they just want echo chambers

You don't need to attack trans people.
After they mutilate their genitals and figure out "you can't actually change your gender", they just kill themselves anyway.

Yeah, it's fucking weird to see people actually supporting this thing even to troll. Especially with this guy's history of being a douchebag.

You never go full Colbert.

This
The MTF at work isn’t long for this world.

That tranny is unintentionally the funniest thing about the comic.

I think this happens because the perpetually offended are the majority of people hat get in touch with content creators, everyone else either enjoys it or doesn't bother with it.

Trump may act buffoons but he's clearly been underestimated by just about everyone. Was anybody else pleasantly surprised by their tax changes?

there is no effect yet, they don’t kick in till next year

it really is quite tragic - you have this entire online community pushing these people, promising to be there supporting them every step of the way, then they bankrupt themselves paying some quack plastic surgeon to turn mutilate their most private parts into a laughable facsimile of the opposite sex, and when they're at their lowest point, with the artificial hormones running them through the emotional wringer, spending a third of their day performing painful maintenance on their new appearance, and asking themselves "why? why did i do this to myself??" their online support group calls them a lying bigot and bails on them.

There was a study in Holland a few years ago, that found mortality rates for post-op transexuals was something like triple the rate for pre-ops. I'm fucking astonished it isn't higher.

I wouldn't call it good, but certainly one of the better timewasters.

Lmao, went from bad to worse.

>The irony is that given the comic's reputation as a giant masturbatory fantasy filled with sexist and racist caricatures of all stripes, Sohmer's attempt to write Rayne as some kind of socially conscious progressive reads more like one of those predatory "male feminists" that hang around college campuses pretending to be SJWs to pick up women.

And this is the actual funny bit, somebody buy him a Fedora and "ye Olde English" dictionary to make the stereotype complete

No it's not, a shitty imitation is always a shitty imitation.

how the fuck is the art EXACTLY THE SAME as it was years ago
EXACTLY
NO DIFFERENCE
NO IMPROVEMENT

jesus fuck

He was always a worthless piece of shit. He's just pandering to what's currently popular. Dude is a fucking sociopath, no way he actually gives a shit about some the feelings of some freak.

>that one cgi webm of a trans surgery of a penis being cut into a vagina

I used to think it would be fun to kick Sohmer around, but man. He’s down too far now, it’s just sad

I’ve literally heard one say “this was supposed to solve everything and it didn’t”
That’s where some of your mortality rate is going to come from.

You know what I mean.

>Oh shit people think I'm a cunt and my comic is terrible
>Better pretend to care about trannies

Wow

In a way it's solving their problems by speeding up their suicidal tendencies

>vagina

That's not a vagina and it never will be.

No, I don't.

Have you calculated how they will affect your salary?

They did this with gays and furris before too, just try and find one comic that hasn't sold out like this in the past decade?

Why did you have to remind me of that god dammit.

It doesn't.

They're just like people with Body Integrity Identity Disorder.

Expect they want a perfectly fine limb lobbed off instead of a crude imitation of the other sex' reproductive organs made out of their current.

The human mind can play foul tricks on some people, and yet we're legitimizing it by treating the symptoms instead of treating itself.

What the fuck does 'cis' even mean? Just say 'normal'

Mentally ill patients tend to view normies as twisted oppressive tyrants. Don't take away their psychosis memes or they'll get triggered and shit all over your nice things.

This is the problem with recommending HRT and SRS for gender dysphoria - it treats what the patient perceives as the superficial symptoms without treating the root cause. In the same way that prescribing acetaminophen for a headache doesn't cure a brain tumor, HRT and SRS do absolutely nothing to cure patients of the underlying and compulsive sense of 'wrongness' that drives them to identify as the opposite sex.

Well it has affected everyone I know (All my friends are employed) positively.

>Sup Forumsmblr
COBBLER

Does no one realize how stupid that sounds?

Likewise - I've wound up owing taxes the last six years, after the reforms kick in I'll actually start getting a little back.

a really long time ago. when it was just about him being drunken man whore. it was somewhat entertaining.

then suddenly he is this high powered executive ultra left wing preachy douche.

The idea that the mental health of the vast majority of people be associated with the word "normal" is troubling to "some people"

It's a hard nut to crack, it's sort of like telling a skinny guy not to work out because he wants to be buff.

Actually it's way less sane than that, but you get what I mean I hope.

> Life isn't all sunshine and rainbows!
>> I hate my life!
>>> I hate being a man!
>>>> I wish I was a woman!
It's just typical snowflake brat tears that get circle jerked by a """""help group""""" until a really REALLY bad idea feels like a good one.

>the GOP gives 80% of tax break benefits to the rich, claims it's a middle class tax break
>slashes corporate tax rates permanently but fool poorer people with TEMPORARY tax cuts that will result in major tax INCREASES ten years down the line
>And to top it all of, it took only a single day before the Republicans already started talking about how they now have to start cutting medicaid, social security, etc. because muh giant deficit!

Pleasant wouldn't be the word I'd use, no. That extra 500 dollars might feel nice right now, but you're delusional if you think you aren't getting fucked in the near future, especially with insurance premiums skyrocketing.

SJWs are such SJWs they SJW all over the place with their SJWs! one time I saw a SJW and the SJW looked at me! Liberal cuck shill wew lad lol jk brb reeeee! pwned pr0n NERDS!!!!!

>snowflake
opinion discarded!

He's got a point. SJWs are almost always white people, especially when it comes to advocating against their own basic interests.

I trust myself to spend my own money much more sensibly than the federal government. Alternatively, there are many other things we can cut as well, such as UN funding, or aid to any country which snuffed us on your recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital.

You're right, I wish taxes had been raised for everyone, that'd help me and mine and wouldn't scare away investment and business like these tax cuts have.

Not that guy but:

Good, the government is shit at handling these things, cut back and let people shoulder more personal responsibility.

And yeah the taxes will definitely shoot back up to compensate. As soon as a RINO or Democrat is put in power.

The thing isn't just that it sunsets by 2025 but that it becomes a tax hike then, not only because it goes away, but because they will be higher then than if the bill never existed. So it's short term. Some people think of course the cuts will be extended, but some tax cuts have been followed by multiple near term hikes instead and the bill was hastily cobbled together making incoming hikes more likely even before the plaaned hike.

Also I guess it depends on who you are but a few extra tens of thousands of dollars a year that we will get for a few years before the hike has no effect on our budget since it's a tiny drop, eliminating the Social Security and Medicare we all paid into for decades would though, as would employer taking even more out of my paycheck for our shitty health insurance so we and you must think long term. SS and Medicare is literally your money and they will probably take it and give it to themselves again.

I'm not white. Though I don't think SJW is a thing anyway. I don't like racism? Or to be degraded or used as a shield or escapegoat by people of either side of political sides. I think a lot of people don't like that.

>and let the POOR people shoulder more personal responsibility by straining their meager incomes even more.

Fixed.

not sure if you understand this bit, but if people are in poverty they probably won't be a great supply of taxes, because they have to do shit like eat and pay bills with that money

You could start a donation for them if you wanted too.

The taxes are designed to shoot up signficantly higher than they were this year if the government does nothing and they don't have a way to pay for it. You just have to take it on faith that they'll magically find some way to fix in a few years. Maybe if they hadn't had some random lobbyists coddle it together, scribble illegible notes in the margins, and cram it through in the middle of the night it would be fiscally responsible, sustainable, and pragmatic instead of a mess. And before you start I hate Dems the bill process was just sloppy childish and irresponsible work.

Lar is a cool guy

Sohmer is the cunt

It's not about principles or morals but practicality. Charities are wildly inefficent (many only give money to the person running them) and tax money spent on the ER, prison, and so on is dozens of times more than easy, cheap preventative fixes creating massive amounts of bloat and waste, usually on the backs on the wealthy but not ultra wealthy (multiple billionaires) and of course the middle especially the upper middle class. We are the ones who need to pay more. It's not actual capitialism or a free market because the government takes our money for prisons and lots of useless pointless wars. Waste of money.

my taxes went up, so no

The tax cuts are "temporary" in that they'll have to be renewed in like five years, but it'd be political suicide not to.

You know, Britbong here, but I worked in a dole office for a few years.

Cutting the Dole doesn't impact poor people, it impacts Dole-culture people.

A good 90% of the people I met on a weekly basis were useless slobs purposely avoiding any sort of work because they are used to the government paying for them, They fell into three types.

>Muslim wife whose husband refuses to allow her to work, her Husband refuses to show any financial reports so the wife gets "Job seekers" and Financial aid for her 5 children

>Obvious Drug addict

>Fatass single mother with 3 kids demanding a 4 bedroom house.

I met, out of the fucking hundreds of people I processed, like 10 people maximum who were not ob Jobseekers and constantly applying for more welfare.

Achewood has a gay character that is recognized to be a dick.

As stupid as every slur and buzzword idiots fling around, but when does that stop them.

Hardly suicide, Reagan's many, many tax hikes didn't hurt him. Same with other presidents. Most likely it will quietly expire, taxes will quietly shoot up, and few will notice. Tax reform polled so low as a priority it didn't even make the list of important issues or was at the very bottom for most Americans. I think the top issues were all things like healthcare getting fixed, terrorism, North Korea, crumbling infrastructure, climate change. Taxes barely registered as something people wanted changed.

Was on job seekers there for a while and I legitimately feel like shit whenever I'm on it but I seriously couldn't find work for 6 months. Lost track of how many jobs I applied for. Finally found a decent job in a factory and went in to hand in my ending job seekers form. The woman who was very supportive and friendly that I dealt with said I could have just left it in the box but I wanted to thank her personally because she did really help, even asked around places her family worked for vacancies.
But can confirm, six of my friends who are on the dole are there permanently because they have no intention of working.

Your the bigot for hating straight white men you fucking hypocrite

When did he say he hated straight white men though?

>Not all heroes wear capes!
>thanks for not asking!

Any acknowledgement of things outside of a heteronormative patriarchal white gender binary is an implicit attack on all straight white men.
Help I don't know what level of irony I'm on anymore.

You've either never been to college, or you're already so far deep down the SJW hole that you're beyond help.

Let me help by untangling that web of shit you said.

Anything outside of outright praise of straight white guys is considered an act of oppression and genocide against them.

That was what I said yes. It was clearly sarcastic, but I'm not sure how sarcastic it was. Was it a straight mockery of white nationalist sensationalism? Was it doubly sarcastic, and a criticism of the left wing invalidation of the struggles that many rural white conservatives see themselves in? Am I making fun of both of them? I have issues with both viewpoints, but at the same time I see some validity from both sides.