Why do hate for Steven Universe is completely unwarranted

I've been seein' all sorts of hate for Steven Universe recently, and i'm here to tell you why it's all WACK!

Everyone says the show is going nowhere, which is wrong. Soon, on January 5th, we will be seeing Lars as space pirate fighting Emerald, so what numb nuts say about Steven Universe going nowhere is an utter lie, and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Also, they're "complaining" about the show not being able to change the status quo. Uh, dude, ARE WE EVEN WATCHING THE SAME SHOW?! Lars DIED, and got brought back as a pink zombie! And now he's a space pirate, with his own ship and everything! So, how can you look at that and say that the show isn't breaking the status quo? Little more than a bunch of lies, how sad.

Finally, everyone saying that the "townies" are pointless. Everyone fails to realize that the world is lot bigger than just Steven, Connie, and the Crystal Gems. When normal people go about their daily lives, it feels organic, and gives you a feeling that all of it will be gone if the world gets invaded/destroyed, thous making you care. They are the heart of this show, the ones we can relate to because they are just like us, normal people. To cast them off as "nobodies", means you are basically insulting yourselves, which is both sad and hilarious.

And that's why Steven Universe is a lot better than what the haters give credit for. It's smart, suspenseful, and full of heart, but all you guys want are generic space adventures. Go watch Star Trek if you want generic space adventure, and i'll be sitting comfy with one of the best cartoons of the decade.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IaR8KO4VFPM
youtube.com/watch?v=j38aX4JxINQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Townies are boring shits, i dont care about normal people that have no personality besides being distractions from the real attraction, the gems. Fuck townies and fuck idiots like you defending that shit

>7 different bait threads with SU as the OP
Fucking kill yourselves and go back to trash

>Distractions

They're meant to be a reflection of us, and our daily lives. They're the little people, the normal people, just like us. Like I said, if you hate the "townies", you are technically hating yourselves.

>Why do hate

You want to take another go at that subject line?

>When normal people go about their daily lives, it feels organic, and gives you a feeling that all of it will be gone if the world gets invaded/destroyed, thous making you care.
This is how it should be in theory, but the execution is so poor that it makes me resent the townies more than anything.

I just want my comfy s1 vibes back.

>Why THE hate

their, fixed it, you happy now, Grammer Nazi?

youtube.com/watch?v=IaR8KO4VFPM
Now say something about all of this.

>They're meant to be a reflection of us, and our daily lives.
I dont want to see that shit. There horribly written characters, and in this show i want to see more of the gems
>They're the little people, the normal people, just like us. Like I said, if you hate the "townies", you are technically hating yourselves.
Yes, i do. Fuck normies, i dont want to see boring nobodies doing jackshit. I dont even mind filler, but id like to see more from peridot or amethyst then thats fucking annoying shit ronaldo.
>generic space adventure
Fuck you, id rather have somehting interesting like that then 20 episodes focusing on annoying retards like the pizza twins or smiley and only 1 with peridot

youtube.com/watch?v=j38aX4JxINQ

>When normal people go about their daily lives, it feels organic, and gives you a feeling that all of it will be gone if the world gets invaded/destroyed
Then stop spending 90% of the show focusing on these annoying asshole characters just to drive that one monor pont of the story home. Has it occurred to you its less about trying to show “how important itd be if it got destroyed”, and more about shit writing because there too lazy to write for characters people like, like the gems?

Actual well thought out analysis.
Biased hatefag autism.

This.

>Biased hatefag autism.
He does has some points tho. Like about fusions and how hypocrite and annoying everyone is.

It’s this kind of thinking that’s killing escapism. Yes, my life is boring, but that’s not why I watch these shows!

Yeah he says a few things that from a certain perspective would be factual, but you'd have to be an idiot to see his upload history and not notice blatant bias.

let forget about lars , go help mayor Dewey , he is certainly more important nobody lars .

>Lion is gone
>Connie can't be contacted

hey i just make a pink zombie , but are you sure i can just leave it and not feed or take care of it .are you even sure this zombie dont need to eat at all .

Why are you even trying?Sup Forumsis a shithole

Honestly I couldn't get into it, what you're talking about seems like it's coming from overly critical fans, not the people who straight up don't care for it.

>Lion is an immortal being that does not age.
>Lars literally makes a comment that he's not hungry anymore

The only reason it gets so much attention in Sup Forums is because it's actually pretty good & worth discussing
This is why the actual bad shows have so little discussion in comparison

Steven has to help Dewey because it's Steven's fault that Dewey is in such a bad predicament.

No, It's because mocking it's fans is funny.

It's not like he knows where she lives or anything.

Yeah and many characters could take a much simpler route than the ones chosen for them, whether it's through there own faults or because the writer has a set plan, etc.

lion is immortal god , but lars is something unknown , do you create something new and forget about it ? not even a peek .

Lars is literally the same as Lion. An immortal pink zombie that no longer ages or needs to eat.
Why is this hard for you to understand

lars is pink zombie , but steven or normal people is not sure he need to eat or not , it is like i make a poop , i flash it away , or i plant a seedling tree , i take care it until it dont need me to take care it anymore . so is lars a poop or a young seedling tree .

>but steven or normal people is not sure he need to eat or not
He literally says he's not hungry anymore after being resurrected by Steven. And he hasn't eaten anything since he was left behind on HomeWorld.
They don't explicit say these things because they assume the audience is smart enough to come to the conclusion he is the same as Lion. You are dumb.

a dumb people who think home world invasion is more important than dewey , right .

lion still need to eat .

He needs to eat as much as Amethyst does. which is not at all, but they still do it anyway.

Couldn't he have done that AFTER talking to Lars parents about his whereabouts. Y'know like hr had first planned on doing?

>its revealed Lars loves to cook
>dies no longer needs to eat
>becomes space pirate no time for cooking
Lars is suffering. Why bother with the cooking shit, did they only do it to try to garner sympathy from the viewers before his death?

but lars is a zombie , not a gem , so lars probably need to eat , maybe every few day or few week .

>They're meant to be a reflection of us, and our daily lives
yuppies and teenagers who live in a tourist town aren't a good reflection of anybody

It's THERE not their

Whatever, nerd

>implying your yaoi-art waifubait is any better

What's the point of this post?

Then why don't they behave like humans and not like background characters in Sonic '06?

The townie episodes wouldn't be so bad if they didn't show up intrusively after a massive arc with loose ends and if those episodes had shown cause and effect. All we get is cause. We never see the effect of Lars being killed, resurrected, and stranded on a hostile alien planet outside Lars' parents throwing tomatoes. We never see what happens after Sadie quits her dead-end. There are more examples of SU telling instead of showing.

>Sadie quits her dead-end
Fuck, I meat to say "...quits her dead-end job"

Too little too late

Why tho?

I would be totally fine with townie episodes if they were mostly Lars and the Cool Kids-level and less Onion Gang-level

This is obviously satire

This but unironically

The real reason behind the complaining is the shit airing practice or Steven bombs for fuck sake Rebecca just air a new episode every Thursday like you originally did.

I'm at episode 37 of season one and this is way too fun guys :3
>been binging for 2 days straight
>tfw you'll never fuse with your gf

Enjoy it while it lasts, because once you hit the 4th season, it all comes tumbling down.

>7 different bait threads with SU as the OP
I hate it but god damn it's funny how bad it is.

>I would be totally fine with townie episodes if they were mostly Lars and the Cool Kids-level and less Onion Gang-level
My sentiments exactly. They just started making shit episodes and people blamed it on the townies.

Daily reminder that Connie did nothing wrong.

>500 replies and 666 images omitted

>pretends to be friends with Steven so she can go on magical adventures
>ditches him when he just wants to hang
Try again

>One of the only few 'action' cartoons airing on CN that's not cape shit
>The fight scenes are fucking terrible
and yes even Jailbreak and Ocean gem's fight scenes suck

>Everyone fails to realize that the world is lot bigger than just Steven, Connie, and the Crystal Gems.
How come no outside government forces address anything that has to do with Gems then? Even the Townies don't really give that much of a shit of the events that occur.

They have more important things to care about.

That would be too interesting
imagine a human antagonist obsessed with the crystal gem's for their gems in a greed/scientific sense. But the closest we have to that is fucking Ronaldo.

>Grammer Nazi
>Grammer
>GRAMMER

Holy shit this is some top tier irony

It would be okay if it aired.

>there are too many humans in the plot of su
>to make it interesting they should add human villains
fuck no

It's not like the other gems are competant villains, also
>implying more humans means more towny shit
>implying your average higher up/government official wouldn't want to utilize gem tech
>no gem bounty hunter wanting the harvest them
>wanting more non-villain that'll be talked down to by some fat faggot
you are one of the reasons the show goes no where.

Excellent pasta, I will make sure to use this in the future.