What are the odds the electors actually switch their votes and give Clinton the presidency?

What are the odds the electors actually switch their votes and give Clinton the presidency?

I'm actually worried now, Sup Forums

Pls reassure me

Other urls found in this thread:

change.org/p/electoral-college-electors-electoral-college-make-hillary-clinton-president-on-december-19
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump. also what the fuck is happening in michigan?

About as likely as Florida flipping blue within the next ten minutes

I'm not even meming, it would be instant civil war.

legitimate actual violent marches on washington and civil war

probably the only way an actual civil war could ever start

None:1

What were the odds of the courts stopping Brexit?

ITT we discuss again how the "she won the popular vote" argument is "literally" invalidated because reds in solid blue states like CA and NY don't even bother to vote. If you want to change the rules you would have to replay the game.

The democrats truly lost at 72 dimensional chess. Do they seriously think a single cop will stop us? Did they not see the smug on every cops face last night?

i didn't say we'd lose, i just said a war would start

Ive read that your military personnel voted mostly for Trump. So its like army vs tumblr dwellers. Just cut off their internet and this civil war instaover.

non-existent.

If trump only won by a few EVs, like less than 4, there would be a chance.

Trump is winning by THIRTY SIX votes.

They'd have to convince EC voters from 4-5 states to turn on the people.

It would be political suicide, if not cause for a civil war.

Lol holy fuck this year just keeps on giving
I cant handle the salt overload

LOL that libtards think a petition with 500k insignificant signatures compares to the 60 million that voted God Emperor. Nothing will happen

Somebody doesn't knows how rules work. Popular vote decides who gets delegates and Trump is already in white house.

The electors will all be republican, so the likelihood they will vote for Hillary is zero. The likelihood they will vote for someone other than Trump is small. There may be a few of them, but not nearly enough for him to drop below 270.

That would lead to a literal civil war

Zero. Hillary has conceded, Trump has begun working with Obama to transfer the power, the only emotionally and rationally unstable are teenagers crying and threatening to kill themselves.

I hope they do. It would immediately spark a (very lopsided) civil war and the leftist filth would be purged in a single day.

Anyone who would switch their vote would be committing political suicide.

I doubt any elector is stupid enough to do so, no matter what a bunch of niggers and liberals sign.

>Tump won't accept defeat? Fucking monster!
>Trump won?! This is unacceptable! Redo!

Holy fucking hypocrites batman

did that one reservation nigger in Washington actually abstain from voting Hillary or did he throw that plan out the window after she lost half the states?

Zero, dude. They're not gonna start a civil war, they'll just wait trump out.

This. It assumes that the popular vote results would remain exactly the same if the popular vote actually counted.

A few states have "fuck you we can ignore our states votes" laws.

Its INCREDIBLY rare however for them to enforce it.

>What are the odds the electors actually switch their votes and give Clinton the presidency?

Literally 0%. Maybe 1 or 2 guys are going to vote Clinton out of protest and get their careers reduced to nothing later. Generally speaking the system is in autopilot and the electors having everything to lose and nothing to win by going rogue is enouh to keep them in check.

Fucking zero
She conceded

yeah but the political ramifications are insane

it's like "it only takes one button push to launch a nuke, it's super easy" while not taking into account MAD

See instant civil war and plenty of moderate dems wouldn't support that only the few thousand fags rioting last night want that

Of the things that could lead to civil war that and gun confiscation.

If you guys want a historical anolgy to where the us is and where it's going to be going for the next century look up TIberius Grachi or the Grachi brothers

The trumps are the grachi we are in about 130bc or there abouts trump is the dawn of violent populism, expect to see populist candidates running back and fourth over the next 50 years and the violence (currently from dems but eventually form our side probably at some point) will increase

After about 50 years when I am an old man I expect we will get our versions of Marius and Sulla and the first true civil war will occur. It will be like the reign of terror in France with mobs seeking retribution of enemies

We will get our first dictator at some point there

Then over the preceding 50 years that dictator will be challenged until at some point our version of the American empire will be established

To;dr this has happened before trump represents the first sign that our republic is terminally ill, we likely have a solid 50-60 more years of relative peace though

Remember when the violent, barbaric right wingers made videos of them destroying their televisions when Obama was elected?

Reminds me of this shit.

pretty high odds. Trump is not popular.

no

The electoral college electors are the most hardline members of each party. They risk career suicide if they dissent.

My Canditate, who i belive is fighting for the poor havenots loses, so in a fit of impotent baby rage i destroy property worth hundreds, if not thousands of dollars. Property many people in america, the mayority in the world, cannot even dream of having.
That is what i call priviledge.
It's making me sick.
What a bunch of entitled assholes.

Nigger there is absolutely 0% possibility of 38 electors ALL going faithless

>not popular
>47% of the nation voted for him

i'm still weary from the meme wars and the CTR shitposting PTSD, I can't tell if this is a funny shitpost or a dumb person

>Overwhelming amount of counties went red
>electors switch
>people can no longer trust electors to vote in align with the people
>people can no longer trust government to function as assumed

2nd amendment exists for a reason;

Actually you are wrong
Trump IS Marius( popular man of the people)
Kennedy was Grach
And mobs already there,just waiting for signal

clinton got more votes, just saying

the way it works, both trump and clinton submit a list of ECs in a particular state and the person that wins the state has the winning side's EC vote.

It's like asking "what are the chances Trump delegates don't vote for him at GOP convention..

t. Studies pol science in US. (I KNOW THE FLAG i'm here visiting family piss off ctr).

0.0000000001%. The electors are usually incredibly loyal to their respective parties as they often help with their campaigns.

For Hillary to win they would need to dissuade 40+ Trump electors, which is almost guranteed not to happen. Still, there might be a few cucks who switch allegiances,not enough to actually change anything.

They must not have been peaceful and tolerant enough.

It's actually be more likely (and strategically reasonable) to switch to Johnson. There wouldn't be a civil war over him, and he'd actually have a decent chance of winning the house.

That's one way to start a civil war

Honesty though, I don't even have a gun but I would be up in arms if this happened

(((elijah berg)))

Uhhh they are NOT DONE COUNTING VOTES
trump will win the popular vote
Kek wills it

Is it possible to read the names of the people who signed this?

WHAT IS GOING ON IN MICHIGAN??

This is one aspect of the electoral system that we can change. Why the fuck do we need these electors anymore?

Can we make our own "petition" and ask for SJW to BTFO ?

>literally buying the presidency

Never change, Burgerbros.

Who wins popular vote in some state then wins delegates. Trump won, it's over. Overall popular vote doesn't matters if it overflows to Hillary.

fake and gay

this is a meme, will never happen

Absolutely no chance. It would be civil war, instantly. And guess which side has all the guns and overwhelming police and military support?

This is just desperate liberal delusion. It's no different from "don't be sad guys, Bernie can still win this".

/Thread

All those votes would go to no one.
Hillary already conceded. She isn't running anymore. She declared trump the winner

>we can change

Yeah with a constitutional amendment. Good luck with that because the republicans are the ones that benefit from it and control a majority of states.

I am on President Obama's email list. He's already talking about a peaceful transition of power to Trump. It's not happening.

That webm is fake you fucking oaf.

It's funny how much of the left wants that thinking logistics would be the same as 200 years ago.

They'd be exactly nine meals away from total subjugation which would happen in less than a week of the trucking industry's checkmate.

>Pls reassure me

They know shit in this country will blow up if they do so, and the last thing they want to do is put their gravy train at risk.

A lot of fucking electors would have to switch their mind.

this webm is fake yo, use your eyes and quit trying to be victimized in mundane ways.

Not fake
very gay
>change.org/p/electoral-college-electors-electoral-college-make-hillary-clinton-president-on-december-19

This is so fucking stupid, the voting already happened what's this double vote sore loser BS

>What are the odds the electors actually switch their votes and give Clinton the presidency?

The same odds of having a burger civil war.

>elijah berg

I doubt fake ballots and dead people can participate in a civil war

>500k retards clicking a button on a website makes up for the 50 million votes in favor of trump

yea id say theres a pretty high chance

All of the states that could vote against their state's vote are hard red, save for Pennsylvania, which if it did somehow have all 20 electors cast their vote against their state's will, Trump would still be left with 270 votes, not including Michigan.

Civil war would break out, too. No one is going to do it.

What are the odds of enough electors wanting civil war?

>truckers refuse to deliver to NYC or California
>hipsters can't even hijack trucks because they can't drive a stick

I never thought of the truckers.

Well you could make arguments for any of these populist figures

Are the trumps and bernies grachus? Are they ceasar? Are they Marius and Sulla?

As bad as the rot culturally is in the us I don't believe we are at Marius and Sulla yet, I think we will get there by the end of the century

Although it's possible he is marius and in 10 years Chelsea tries to overthrow the trumps or something and becomes Sulla idk I just don't see it

I think we need a few more decades of populist Ferver before that happens

I'm someone who actually knows the answer.

Only two states: Nevada and Maine have state laws that allow this. Every other state has a winner take all law that places the votes to the candidate that won the state. There is however, no constitutional law that prohibits them from making their own choice. But, this has never happened in the history of the United States, the electoral college officials have always voted with their state.

bingo

>yeah lets keep a man who might switch his vote on me last minute!
>hes definitely someone we want as our elector!

fucking overgrown toddlers yelling that things didnt go their way

Are these people fucking serious? They can't go a work day without wearing fucking nice shoes? Jesus Christ

To be fair though man those things have like 20 something gears.

Has trump seen this

the amount of outrage over this would be catastrophic. nobody would actually do this.

this

And to make it even better the majority of rigs don't have synchronized transmissions so you have to double clutch it. I would actually like to see this disaster.

But to reiterate your point they would destroy their own internal infristructure through rioting and then we shut down their power, roads, and communication. These people have no idea how their giant population centers even operate. GG EZ.

They're no fun to drive, but anyone who can drive a stick could manage it after a little fumbling. Hipsters can't even figure out a 5 gear car.

Another angle on the electoral college voting for Hillary is that the electors are all nominated by Republicans, who are absolutely salivating at the idea of holding Congress, the White House, and the Supreme Court. Even the McMuffin-tier faggots wouldn't think to ruin that.

1 this would mean actual civil war

2 its career suicide

3 hillary already conceded

Please stop, my arteries cant take this much salt.

Is Michigan purposely not being called due to something like this?

I just meant to imply do these delusional leftists truly believe the cops would obey their order to shut us down?

In the history of the electoral college only 157 electors have ever gone against their pledge to vote like they said they would. None of those 157 ever influenced the election.

Fucking Johnson is a dumbass. I hate him as a libertarian.

What is
Αλεππο

This anyone who has done it has done it as a symbolic protest

I hadn't even considered that.

Man this sounds interesting. You recommend anything that discusses just this subject and/or other examples?

Thats not how the electoral college works, friend.

no idea about the cops, but people estimate a 60-75% desertion rate in the military under the Obama administration in the case of a civil war

>tfw you want to subjugate the people and kill all the Republicans but your armed forces will only be 300,000 people

Google "dan carlin, death throes of the republic"

The history of Rome podcast by Mike Duncan is a great place to start for newbies

He does a great job doing a nice intro but with good detail into the history of Rome.

Check it out the first 50 or so episodes are about the republic

What we are seeing right now with these "protests" is nothing but whiny college kids and welfare slaves. If this happens you will see real riots. Whole states will burn.

Trump is getting 306 electoral votes, 36 of those votes would have to be faithless, there is no fucking way that would happen.

It has happened only once in history where it swayed an election at all, and the guy they switched from got office anyway

Cool.

Thanks anons.