What do you guys think of Mime and Marionette? Personally I like them

What do you guys think of Mime and Marionette? Personally I like them

I like them too, the potential for mischief they can get up to is high.

>Pass the blunt nigga

Waste of panels

I like them
mute mime is a good idea for superhero comics

meme characters for the sake of reddit pandering
>lol meme and mime are the best characters i've seen in a whale!!! *inhales vape* they are so random but not harley-random (which we comic book neeerds dislike ^^^)!! Btw, I KNEW THEM BEFORE Sup Forums STORYTIME!!!

Take it easy it's just a drawing

They are garbage filler characters too.

wth

>everything I don't like is meme from Reddit

pottery

I bet Johns wants to make them a thing. The new Joker and Harley. So far they are tolerable but I think they'll become overused as Professor Pyg.

I like Sup Forums's Mime better

I agree, new Batman villains are an affront to the Batman franchise.

I swear I've seen the concept before. Batman animated series maybe?

They're a Watchmen version of Punch and Jewlee.

I personally liked them but you know the Sup Forums philosophy is
>my taste>your taste
So it wouldn't surprise me if some retard pulls a rant about them.
Anyway the gave us some great reaction images I'm gonna dump now.

here

Personally my favorite

Anons can complain all they want about how Gary Frank draws faces but damn do they make good reaction images.

The Watchmen universe's Harley Quinn and Joker. A little bit more real and slightly different. Clearly they are going to run into to Quinn and Joker and wonder what happens. Frank's art is great and the facial expressions are top notch.

>The Watchmen universe's Harley Quinn and Joker.
Because of greasepaint?
These two aren't overused, overhyped,
haven't had at least 4 completely different characterizations and motives,
And no heroes have been shown jobbing to them.

I don't see any connection.

it's been done.

This one is nice too.

>when she sees your dick

They’re great

Now what is Johns bringing to the table?

>Sup Forums in a nutshell

Aaaand final reaction image. It would be nice if some user adds a >shadman to this I one.

Pyg is fucking overused. Dude disfigures countless people and is out every other arc in a Batman book. It's like the Joker a mass murderer and still wondering why readers don't buy the bullshit that they haven't executed him when Gotham has the death penalty.

so like punch and judy but villainous?

Ok, but Johns is paralleling DC/Watchmen characters.
>Veidt/Luthor the meglomaniacs
>Rorsarch/Batman the street vigilantes
>Manhattan/Superman the gods
>Quinn&Joker/Marionette&Mime the clown criminals

the only one i can't put is The Comedian, but whatever. idk I'm enjoying Doomsday Clock now

If I had to guess they'd probably end up matching him off with Deathsroke.

God you are such a fucking faggot

They are not and their son will be one of the 3 jokers.

Anyone got the Rorschach smile pic?

That makes sense. The nihilistic merc with the ultimate professional merc. If you're right that's a big call.

I love them but even though their skills are very interesting DC took them from an anime and manga called inuyashiki

>pyg
>overused
0/10 learn to troll better, nigger.

They're not Joker and Harley. They're the Watchmen version of Punch and Jewlee, who were just in King's Batman for the Bane arc.

So we now know his name is Reggie.

That would be nice but they are Joker and Harley since they have similarities put there intentionally. DC wants to make you notice it.

They are his parents

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

The Doomsday Clock event is too big for D list villains. don't you think? Watchmen characters are coming into the DC universe! New comic lineups have to be lined up after the event.

Johns has said in interviews that Doomsday Clock is going to focus on and shine light on D listers and hidden corners of the DC universe. That's why Sgt. Rock and Metamorpho are getting play during it.

>Doomsday Clock and Terrifics.
Lot of love for ole Rex these days.

Didn't here about Sgt. Rock though.

nah, you were dropped however.

This smile makes you think

here again

>Gary tweeted out an image of Sgt. Rock — there’s a lot of characters, forgotten characters and also major characters. As we kind of peel apart the DC Universe, we’re going to be diving into the reality of the DC Universe. We’re going to be looking at eras and characters and corners that are a little bit unexplored in my mind. Again, it’s about looking inward rather than looking outward. Starting with even a glimpse of the Nathaniel Dusk films that we see here, and the mention of the Supermen Theory. There’s stuff going on with Rex Mason and Kirk Langstrom. There’s a lot of other things brewing in the world that will start to become more and more clear and more and more apparent in how it ties into the bigger story. But the backdrop of the DC Universe is as important as anything else

KEK they would have to be sent back in time user

>Punch and Jewelee where Captain Atom villians.
Dr Manhattan is based on Captain Atom, ergo Marionette and Mime are their Watchmen counterparts.

a bloody smile and acting...whoever reading this issue immediately is gonna think about Joker

>Dr Manhattan is based on Captain Atom, ergo Marionette and Mime are their Watchmen counterparts.

DC isn't trying to be accurate, they do what is convenient and Joker and Harley are convenient

The kid was born in the 70's and Snyder's joker is the right age for that.

So yes, they are their parents, remember they came from 1992 not 2017

Are they similar to Joker and Harley? Sure. BUT they ARE based on Punch and Julie as most of the Watchmen universe characters are based on the Charlton characters.

Wait, so that wasn't just an easter egg name drop, we're actually going to see fucking Man-bat in Doomsday Clock?

Langstrom is connected to the Superman Theory.

Characters created to make you think about joker and Harley are supposed to be based on some other characters but if they were made to be like joker and Harley then they were based on joker and Harley user

Now your just using recursive logic to support your statement.

I don't think they fit any of that. They are just generic lunatics with a theme. I mean if they have mime based powers then okay now they fit the dc universe more.

Do you fucktards know nothing about Watchmen? Watchmen characters are blatant pastiches of Charlton Comics characters.
Guess where Punch and Jewlee originated

>a villain smiling means it's the Joker
You're a real fucking moron

Comedian-Peacemaker
Ozymandias-Peter Cannon THUNDERBOLT
Nite Owl (Hollis Mason)-Blue Beetle(Dan Garrett)
Nite Owl (Dan Dreiberg)- Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)
Dr. Manhattan- Captain Atom
Silk Spectre- Night Shade

Peacemaker - Charlton
Thunderbolt - Charlton
Blue Beetle - Ted Kord version published by Charlton
Captain Atom - Charlton
Night Shade - Charlton

Mate if you think punch isn't villainous you don't know what the name means. OG Punch is what the Joker wishes he was.

You sir are correct.

>Night Shade
Whatever happened to her?

The bloody smile was even a cover for the war of the jokes and the riddles, the blood was there just to get the effect, that red smile of dripping blood

Last appearance was after Blackest Night but she was mentioned in Blue Beetle Rebirth.
>In Volume Nine of Blue Beetle, a retired-from-heroics Ted Kord references Nightshade by name, calling her "a comely young superheroine from back in my Beetle days"

And you are saying "yeah they were made to seem Harley and joker, indicating they are their counterparts but I'm sure they are not despite the indications were intentional cause any comic reader could catch it"

>my own personal biases have determined they are based on Harley and Joker, and so despite all evidence to the contrary I'm going to keep insisting I'm right

Evidence? Do you think the writer and the editors and DC in general is so blind that they didn't think a bloody smile was Joker's trademark? There were some character called Harlequin in the 50's but it doesn't mean Paul Dini's character and that one were the same or that the character in the 50's were important at all

Evidence being that every single Watchmen character is based on a Charlton Comics character. And they haven't bucked that trend now.
Literally the only thing going for you is that Mime smiles

yeah, but this one is not really Watchmen but an imitation doesn't respect exactly Alan Moore's opinions. They don't need to do perfectly and the purpose of Doomsday Clock is to merge Watchmen and the DCU into one universe, probably they're even trying to show equivalents in the DCU

They're so dumb that they loop to the best part of Doomsday Clock

They're still based on Punch and Julie.

They're definitely going to be used to criticize modern depictions of both.

Still they ARE Joker and Harley

DC does not care about Charton, the purpose of Doomsday clock is to establish Watchmen and DC characters are equivalents and Watchmen is another universe like earth 3

this is not Watchmen, didn't you know that user?

Is he a SPIC?

Is this just another psi anime?

When did they say they didn't care about charton?

the best anime of 2017 actually

>the purpose of Doomsday clock is to establish Watchmen and DC characters are equivalents and Watchmen is another universe like earth 3

That doesn't mean they don't care. They can do that and still pay tribute to charton at the same time.

Dude, look at him.

He's whiter than anyone I've ever seen.

If they're establishing equivalents in other universe it indeed means Joker and Harley are equivalets to the mime and marionette

they have some great reaction images

mimes are underrated.

i lol'd