This shit is so bad it's almost self parody

This shit is so bad it's almost self parody.

what the fuck is this

We get mad at DC Comics, Geoff Johns and each other.

I loved it. The Comedian is back and he's still mean.

I don't even care that much for this comic but the Moorefags getting triggered make it so much better.

Yeah I liked it too. Garauntee OP is a retard

I like the fan comics better.

parody requires an awareness of the source material

this is just grown men playing with dolls, it's everything comic books are known for, distilled into pure shit

a decade ago, this would have been a Chuck Austen joint

>everyone is a moorefag, or a batfag, or a captain marvelfag, or a marvelfag, or a Sup Forumstard, or...

Fucking Jphnsfags.

You didn't enjoy Johns' ham-fisted attempts to copy the style of Moore's limited series?

Get over it, this is Watchmen for Kids/Mouth-breathers/Batfags.

>Mouth-breathers

y'all know the lardasses with this shit on their pull lists are on respirators

why breathe when it's 2017 and a machine can do it for you?

The target audience is people who posted shit like "Wouldn't it be epic for the win if Rorschach and Batman teamed up?" on vBulletin forums in 2008.

Better than the original. Watchmen sucked.

>Batfags
>Johns

as a batfag I'm disgusted by your statement

>Batfags

You are insane, batfags have the HIGHEST standards when it comes to capeshit, they NEVER like any comic, they hate everything with batman on. That's why you have 5 fucking fanbases inside among the robinfags and 3 batgirl fanbases that hate each other, they are the retrogamer collectors of the comic world.

>He says unironically of an event that only exists because everyone has beat their dicks to Watchmen for years, including the team on this book.

Johnsfags are among the most casual and brain dead fanbases out there

>5 fucking fanbases inside among the robinfags and 3 batgirl fanbases
No one cares about these people. They can be catered to with 3rd string writers and people who barely qualify to be referred to as artists.
Bat-Girl of any stripe is not a top 10 selling book for a reason.

My nigga Blake can sure talk extremely fast within a single punch.

The only thing important to DC is that Batfags will drop coin on anything Batman related.
They can shit-talk it on the internets all they want once they have it poly-bagged.

Marionette and Mime totally redeem it

I love it, but I respect your opinion. :)

They are a breath of fresh air in a comic that is awkwardly trying to pander to two fanbases at once.

Talking's a free action.

Thank god DC is going to be dead by the end of 2018

Detective Batman Comics are no closer to dying than the Star Wars franchise.
Both are permanently locked in the iron lung of undiscriminating fan-bucks.

>He doesn't understand that the fact that DC is never going to die is the entire problem with it and the industry in general

The strangest thing about all this to me is where all the Johnsfags came from, he’s only ever been mediocre at best honestly

Only Moorefags would hate a comic this badly that is rather just not that interesting. The absolute nitpicky shit they come up with to hate it is hilarious.

>i don't like that line
>i don't like the colors
>i don't like the quotes
>i don't like that it exists

Blah blah blah

Everythig they’re doing other than this is pretty cool.

White Knight
Ragman
Batman: Creature of the Night
Deadman
Priest on JL
New Superman
Priest’s Deathstroke
Metal is all an event should be: fun

Well I didn't know since I don't read comics

>the premise
>the plot
>the dialog
>all core elements of a fucking story are terrible
>blah blah blah nitpick
This isn't even good shlock.

this is true for many modern writers, like benis
(who i have to admit is pretty distinct at least)

>flash run
>gl run
>jsa run
>aquaman run

No the real question is where the fuck did you come from? I swear an alternate portal opened up in 2011 and a bunch of anons grabbed the first issue of Johns' Justice League run and decided they would hate him based on that.

revel in the moorefag’s eternal asspain everyone

;_;

Bemis’ Foolkiller was VERY good!

Today’s issue of Moon Knight was fantastic!

Are you seriously using that awful ass run with superboy prime as an example. God, that tanked sales enough to cause nu52. Most of shit was again mediocre to shit.

You posted the pic of the only thing of real note he's ever done.]
Then he ruins that with the asinine Darkest Night/Brightest Day stuff.

I don’t hate him at all, I think he’s fine and has done plenty of good stuff. He just isn’t great imo, particularly with themes and character development

Yeah that's vague nitpicking right there. Look at the OP.

>oh my god this character that was dead is alive this is so horrible

All leaping to conclusions and overblowing stuff that hasn't even been explained yet. Did this comic touch you inappropriately? Did it steal your girlfriend? Does it owe you money?

JSA is only good run. And it had the benefit of James Robinson setting it up for the cereal lord.

Not that guy but yeah that’s pretty much all it is though, it’s a gimmick

Just like the entire book

There is no way johns has the talent or ability to explain it properly. Johns is going to write himself into a corner and treat it as oyz on his deathbed. Mark my words he's going to be a total hack about it.

I suppose it's entirely reasonable that Doctor Manhattan would now have the ability to resurrect people, restore their full memories, and choose to do it for people he really never liked at all.

I'll check that Foolkiller cause I didn't even know it exists.
I don't know if you're joking but I meant Brian M. Benis

I mean, I can totally see him looking at the DC Universe, seeing it's complete lack of edgy, gun-wielding heroes, anti-heroes and anti-villains, and recreating The Comedian to fill the void.
Makes perfect sense.

I don;t know about Foolkiller but his Moon Knight has been really shitty so far.

Oh it’s “Bendis”

Yeah the people who like him only feel that way over an extremely small contingent of his work (which was overrated in the first place) such as Ultimate Spider-Man or Jessica Jones, which people only liked because it made them feel like they were watching a completely unambitous albeit inoffensive and “realistic” HBO show, and they don’t like comics

You are being ironic right?

It is a gimmick book therefore not worth getting angry over. The point is to just ride on the popularity of one of the greatest comics of all time and sell lots of comics as a continuation. But it's still overreacting to something so mundane. It's literally "this character you thought was dead is alive" cliffhanger ending for the issue. So many comics do that but it's never something that's worthy of "worst thing ever."

I think if anything it'll be anticlimactic. Like said it's probably more Manhattan shenanigans.

>which people only liked because it made them feel like they were watching a completely unambitous albeit inoffensive and “realistic” HBO show

Christ, who wrote all of that?

BENDIS IS GARBAGE

ULTIMATE SPIDER MAN SUCKS DICK

FUCK OFF

pls kill Harley

johns is slowly reaching bendis tier
its just been so long for him to write anything truly bad that just offends everyone

But is it time to shit yet?

WHAT IF IF jon actually have ..... Comedian ,Nite Owl and Spectre or even the Fucking Minutmen ... just to stop Veidt

Did Priest JL start already?

>JSA
>good
Lol

It's not a vague nitpick, and it's not even any one thing. The entire page together is so ridiculous it's almost parody. The entire scenario is just asinine, and it's basically just fan service trying to masquerade itself as a real story.

>comedian is back with a badass one liner
>bruce wayne seeing rorschach's mask on a rorschach test
>batman and rorschach face to face
>random ass quote to end the issue because watchmen did quotes to end the issue

When people shitposted about DC having a crossover between the DC universe and the Watchmen universe, this page was the kind of shit people came up with... as a joke.

Maybe not in execution, but at least in concept, this whole thing is a fair bit worse than Before Watchmen.

wat?

>bruce wayne seeing rorschach's mask on a rorschach test
the truth does not seem unlikely desu.
Many of the ones that I use the psychologist of kovacks have seen by a certain study and the one they placed there is real. the mask changes randomly so it's likely that early afternoon comes out

>this whole thing is a fair bit worse than Before Watchmen.

I never liked Johns comics, but now i don't like him as a person, all the stuff he says about "a fight of ideas" and blamming watchmen for the changes in the industry, those are lies, he knows it. He is leading casual to think all kinds of bullshit.

>Critiquing something is bad, every work fiction is amazing and there is no bad!
This is why the world is fucked.

>I HATE IT EVEN THOUGH I CANT ARTICULATE WHY XD

People under 25 are fucking stupid and shouldn't be allowed to discuss comics.

The Foolkiller was mediocre as well. Don't let them fool you.

Everyone here is such a easily triggered little faggot. Stop consuming the fucking product of bitching is all you bring to the discussion.

>>I HATE IT EVEN THOUGH I CANT ARTICULATE WHY XD

Except people has been saying it, from corporate mandated crap being a bad sign for the future of DC, to Johns lack of knowledge when it comces to politics, Johns forcing SJW (even tho he doesnt care about politicis and just does it due WB asking for it), people mocking the russian and north korea crap, the Trump shit, the terrible "articles", the bad dialogue, the fact that joker will probably be the kid from the picture, and in general the whole PR stunt that Johns is trying to sell as a love letter to hope.

What the fuck are you even babbling about? You're a fucking parody you know that right?

Bet you read all 12 issues though, loser.

Bro no one else but you gives a shit that the banker is a white guy yelling at a woman. Fuck outta here with your pol-SJW shitposting.

The comic still sucks donkeydick though.

>johnsfags can't stop crying over people calling a shitty comic shit.

You didnt read the first issue right?
Do you think Johns actually wanted to include the "make america safe again" thing?

I'm sure he thought it was very clever, yes. Not sure why that's an actual issue, to be honest. Should DC not be allowed to mention or reference the President of the United States at all?

Not an argument

>I'm sure he thought it was very clever, yes. Not sure why that's an actual issue, to be honest. Should DC not be allowed to mention or reference the President of the United States at all?

Trump wasnt president in 1992. And Reagan was supposed to be in power, but i guess Ronal "neoliberalism is great" Reagan wasnt interesting enough for Johns.

You're a joke, you know that?

You literally have no argument to defend the shitty comic, you guys either say ewveryone is a moorefag or ignore all the critics. The best thing about doomsday clock is that exposed Johnsfags as what they are brainlet casuals that have extremely lo standards when it comcs to comics. It's fucking amazing, not even Waid had such a bad fanbase.

I like it because it pisses off fags like you

Calm down and stop reading then.

Sorry people enjoying something bothers you.

You know "Make America Great Again" was taken from Reagan, right?

And that's why is so fucking ironic, Johns knows so little about american politics and history that went with Redford playing Golf.

>Schizo characters by actual schizos

I'll pass.

How exactly did you reach that conclusion?

One question: Why did John come back for Mime and Judy? Nostalgia? I don't really understand why he came back for a fraction of a second.

>How exactly did you reach that conclusion?

Johns was extremely clear when he started his Aquaman run that he dislikes politics in comics and he doesnt have a personal interest in politics.
But please, point out all the incredible interest in politics that Geoff has shown in his comics during the last 2 decades. Or you could just look at this comic and see how deep his knowledge of russia and european history is... Poland in the EU and the EU being separated by 1992... also confusing the EU with a military coalition like NATO, or Russia "invading" poland... their fucking puppet state.

Their baby grew up to be the joker

t. Johns

>any of that
>good
His only truly good work is Starman.

I'm digging it.
Liked the story time enough I'm gonna hit the LCS and actually buy the floppies.
Cry more, contrarian children.

>Starman
What the hell are you talking about? Jack Knight Starman is great but Johns wasn't involved with any of the incarnations.

Shit, for some reason I always remembered Johns writing it.
Well, that explains why it's good then.

Yep. From issue #37 I think

This is awful. The writing, the composition, the art, it's so shit. Ive been staying away from this because I knew this was crap but I didn't know it was new Watchmen until I clicked on the thread.

Holy FUCK this is bad.

As a batfag I have to say that I don't like any batgirl and I don't care about most of the batfamily at all. Batman and 1 or 2 Robins and that would be fine.

Although...

>"Yeah. I did."
That's lazy even for Johns.