Would you have liked Regular Show more in its later seasons if CN didn't keep dumbing it down and making the episodes...

Would you have liked Regular Show more in its later seasons if CN didn't keep dumbing it down and making the episodes more streamlined?

Other urls found in this thread:

scribd.com/doc/61326078/023-Skunked-Pitch-12-9-10?secret_password=1ea4c6dcz1jksltt3j3p
seanszeles.blogspot.com/2010/11/regular-show-mordecai-rigbys.html
scribd.com/document/57832582/039-MoreSmarter-RecordSB?ad_group=2312367&campaign=VigLink&content=27795&irgwc=1&keyword=ft500noi&medium=affiliate&source=impactradius
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sure. I love Beartato and Reginald.

But seriously, I never watched Regular Show outside of the unfinished "pilot" that takes place in a gas station convenience store. What are the best episodes?

Season 1 and 2 are really fun, season 3 has some good stuff, I kind of fell out after that. If you're interested I'd recommend watching it all and stopping when/if ya get bored.

Eggscellent is the best I can think of off hand.

How's JG's new show doing?

this

it had so much potential and it's a huge letdown because of it

1/2

It's not the best joke in existence but I think we lost a bit of the classic Regular Show humor when they cut out the "use my body" gag. This was in Season 6 which was incredibly lacking in almost every regard, this coupled with the first picture I put as the OP (same episode) would've helped out this particular special. It was the first Halloween episode I didn't care much for.

A Bunch of Full Grown Geese which takes places after A Bunch of Baby Ducks, it's pretty good but it doesn't feature all of the great aspects of the series, just a decent amount. If you're not a fan of 80s wanking you probably won't like this and about 60% of the other episodes.

It still doesn't have a release date and the last time anything was mentioned of it was at the comic con with the trailer.

2/2 with the gag I was referring to

>no blood
>cartoon humor
>still censored

1/2

This is the most well known cut/edited scene, it was back in the early seasons when there was a fandom at all. Out of all the known cut scenes I think this is the one I want the most. It was cut for being too dark, said by crew members themselves. I can see it, though I'm sure I've seen worse on Regular Show.

Exactly, there's not even those meat circles where his head fell off his body, it's just goofy and he starts talking again in a few panels and even says he's not in pain. I'm hoping it was just cut for time because if CN thought that was bad that blows.

2/2

All this stuff makes me wonder what was cut in Season 8, especially that rushed series finale.

And this entire original version of Skunked which had to be rewritten because Rigby was too mean.

scribd.com/doc/61326078/023-Skunked-Pitch-12-9-10?secret_password=1ea4c6dcz1jksltt3j3p

Cut scenes from Return of Mordecai and the Rigbys.

This one's a montage when they first start playing in the garage. Continued in the next image. I can't find this board anymore.

Still in the montage.

Shame that that version had to be rewritten, had some pretty good gags, I think I like it a little more than the final episode. Any other pitch boards out there for episodes that got major rewrites?

Not even a pitch board but Replaced had an entirely different opening, a minute or so, it made it passed storyboarding, animating, voicing, etc but right before the episode was finished CN suddenly thought it was too much for kids and they cut it. They never uploaded the clip but I'm assuming it was footage of their party that they talked about at the start of the finalized episode. It was either Calvin Wong or Benton Connor that mentioned it. Since the series is over it'd be nice if someone uploaded it but most of the crew has moved on and doesn't respond to RS stuff anymore. Owen is on his Infinity Train hype train, Toby's on OK KO, etc. It feels weird that we're already that far.

End of the cut montage, in the final episode it goes from before the montage and fades to the 2nd to last panel in this image from a shot of the house. There weren't lyrics in this part, just an instrumental.

This episode wasn't that good in my opinion but I liked the songs as usual.

Movies get the allotted minor curse word, not Regular Show's TV movie. The PG rating didn't help them get it either. In fact, the PG rating for Regular Show has been pretty useless ever since Season 4 except on the occasional innuendo case.

shuttlecock

Back to TRoMatR, there's "Margaret and the Eileens". Next are deleted scenes from Benson's Car and Skips' Story.

>was too mean

I like that the original was VERY character focused and actually would have given Rigby some incentive to have an arc.

But nope.

Benson's Car scene

I agree with everything you said, the character focus was really good. Plus it was less contrived with how Rigby got to the guy's house.

Quick scene from what I assume was Maxin' and Relaxin'. I still need to group my pictures from the Skips board.

Skips' Story scene

There wasn't any episode information with this, but I know the song was never used in the series. If I knew the episode I'd check to see if they did a parody instrumental of it like they did with whip it

One cut storyboard scene I remember is Margaret and Eileen having bets about M&R's shenanigans.

I believe a lot of these scenes that would have slowly built other, at that point side characters, were cut, with is a shame.

From "Caveman"

I don't have that one, perhaps it's from the Mordecai and The Rigbys season 1 storyboard that I can't get to load here: seanszeles.blogspot.com/2010/11/regular-show-mordecai-rigbys.html

It has 2 cut scenes I'm aware of, one was a flashback from when Benson was in a band and his gumball machine girlfriend dumped him, and the other was the original ending with Margaret missing Mordecai's song because she was in the bathroom and met Angel

A real loss of potential here.

The original Titan Pops design from the series finale (and by extension, that flashback in Key to the Universe), which was most likely redone to the bare-bones Dragon Ball design due to animation budget. There's also a chance the Guardian might've had wings at some point.

No, it's from a later episode.

>Margaret missing Mordecai's song because she was in the bathroom and met Angel

I don't think the episode made it that clear. Just "I didn't see it, I was at the bathroom." and "Oh, have you met my boyfriend?"

>No, it's from a later episode.
Oh, hope to see it one day then. There's been lots of RS stuff deleted over time. Maybe someone mirrored it elsewhere if we're lucky.
>I don't think the episode made it that clear. Just "I didn't see it, I was at the bathroom." and "Oh, have you met my boyfriend?"
I can't remember the board's specifics, just that there was something with her in the bathroom and Angel was still there. In the actual episode she said "it was pretty cool what you said up there" or whatever to that effect, but I remember there was a fuss in these RS threads 4-5 years ago about it seeming like she was being a cunt from the rewritten scene.

This wasn't in the finale but I'm not going to consider it a cut scene, it might've just been a rough sketch during planning and not on the actual board. From the frame alone it's just an angle difference, there's no cut dialogue or action really. Presumably from right after Muscle Man died if it had a placing.

Scourging some old links, here's the storyboard for More Smarter, uploaded by Calvin Wong.

scribd.com/document/57832582/039-MoreSmarter-RecordSB?ad_group=2312367&campaign=VigLink&content=27795&irgwc=1&keyword=ft500noi&medium=affiliate&source=impactradius

Cut song from Just Friends

Thanks dude, a bunch was cut from this too.

all this shit from the movie too, there was some deleted scenes on the DVD, one of them was an alternate ending where Rigby starts to get a GED online

TGI Tuesday opening, another "pissed"

and another real life song that I think wasn't used, Ballroom Blitz was but I think Jungle Love wasn't and they did a sound alike instead, at the first dance off

3 things in this original version, the made use of the fact they're strangers and Margaret doesn't know them, the "i'm not going anywhere" wasn't blatant, and another song at the end (making 3 in the episode) that I'm not sure if was parodied or used

unused song from "party re-pete"

There were also deaths of CJ and Eileen, so I'm now considering that CN cut it because it was too intense for kids. PG doesn't mean a thing anymore. You'd think with most later episodes of RS it'd be TV-Y7...

Eileen's death. Instead of Mordecai getting dismembered, CJ getting dissolved, and Eileen getting electrocuted to death, we got Mordecai, Rigby, Eileen, and CJ's butts being fused together. Seeing a pattern with this special's censorship? All the overtly "horrifying" scenes get replaced with butt jokes.

Just checked the episode, both parts of this scene was rewritten. This is Mordecai's half, Rigby's half is in the OP. Mordecai's original deformation isn't even that fucking bad, it'd look less so after transitioning to the colored in art style of the series too.

Have no idea if anyone's still checking out the thread but I'm going to finish posting what I have for archival's sake, plus I don't like leaving stuff unfinished.

These are two reference sheets for the unused designs plus some others that were/maybe not used.

Clipped off some of Mordecai by mistake.

Getting "Skips Strikes" scenes ready

First cut scene from Skips Strikes. The Wizard from the power was going to get some development by showing he just likes pissing in public.

"When the balls drop" from Fuzzy Dice was fine, "These balls were huge!" from TGI Tuesday was fine, this wasn't.

Pizza scene was extended

here's to hoping Close Enough gets all that good unfiltered shit

Pop's scene was much longer, 1/2

>clock tower

2/2
RIP

Alternate ending to Skips being in the woods.

Wizard taking a piss again

Original resolution between Skips and Death.

Skips' original secret, barley referring to what they changed it to.

Another cut Pops scene, from what I think is "A Bunch of Full Grown Geese"

Starting on Temp Check

Original hiring scene, 1/2

2/2

both Doug and Rigby lore

Regular Show is literally redit the show

>boring
>talk talk talk
>80's nostalgia references
>stoner humour
>lol so randumb "humour"
>shipping love plots
>useless characters
>ugly design

absolutely disgusting

unused temp check designs, the storyboards I have took place between the pitch board and the finalized board, it didn't have these or the mismatch character design scene, as far as I know that cut scene isn't anywhere online

fuck, i didn't even notice, thanks for the heads up

unused scene/zombies from grave sights

This was edited a bit apparently, from Mordecai and Rigby Down Under

Cut from Maxin' and Relaxin'

Unused Season 8 Spark uniforms

unused mordecai faces

Daria inspired designs for Rigby and Eileen's daughters from the finale

original buttonwillow mcbuttonwillow (best vhs in the world)

Unused panel from Trailer Trashed

deleted scene from the postcard

Unused 150 Piece Kit opening

the first two season were amazing.

it's actually quintel fault, I don't think he really cared since the air rates weren't so bad.