Was there anything Futurama did better than the Simpsons when both shows were at their best?

Was there anything Futurama did better than the Simpsons when both shows were at their best?

I found that futurama was always more mature and adult.

It was probably the lack of child characters. But I always thought it was a better show

Comedy.

It ended itself properly and climatically
We're probably going to get 10 more years of Simpsons at a minimum

I want to say "scope", Simpsons will always be held down by the limits of a more or less mundane American family, they can venture out but there's a limit.
Futurama can pretty much do whatever and it doesn't strain belief on the show.
Bender was able to meet God, in person in space and have a heart to heart while Fry and Leela journey to a supertelescope in the Himalayas to beg the Monks to help find Bender.
Homer needs a dream sequence to do that.

I came here to reminisce about Futurama, BUT, alas Kiff, much like when I make love to the ladies we've already reached climaxed this /thread

90% of the old Futurama episodes were just parodies of existing TOS Star Trek episodes. It has a wide scope of possibilities but it pretty just sticks to Star Trek parodies.

>It ended itself properly and climatically
>.>

Romance.

Simpsons had a few romantic moments such as when Homer divorces Marge to give her a surprise wedding, but the two are primarily togrther because of their children.

Fry & Leela's relationship develops so organically. To me, it is beautiful. We have two people who have nobody in the world find each other & find their own family.

Too bad we never got to see the culmination of Fry & Leela's quest for family by having children of their own.

Arcs? Futurama did story arcs (Leela's origin, why Fry was sent to the future and his battle with the brain spawn) while Simpsons never really did anything like that.

>but the two are primarily togrther because of their children.
Is zombie shit they are.

1) Getting canceled before it became a soulless husk
2) Getting put out of its misery after it did become a soulless husk

Well, Star Trek has a wide array of plots.

CC run wasn't completely soulless. Had a few good episodes, IMO.

There were a few changes I didn't like, though. Like Nibbler just casually talking with them on the occasion. The topical episodes felt a bit out of place for the show. And I wish they kept the Anthology of Interest episodes over doing those themed trilogy episodes.

I like the characters more. To be honest I only like Homer from the family. Even Leela is sometimes funny.

I never cared for Simpsons at all.
There never seemed to be any story narrative to any of it then again maybe it's because I didn't care for it that I never saw any particularly interesting stories.

This. Simpsons is (was) good and funny at times, but Futurama was funny constantly. The pacing, running gags and punchlines were always way better than Thompsons.

evy1 knos tha famely goi is best

Romance.
Better use of guest stars.
It has diversity,it feels so natural, that you don't realize that there are a black, and Asian and a Mexican
An episode that serves as an ending, yet, leaves open the possibility of a continuation.
And better zombie Simpsons episode.

Pretty much everything 2bh

I am not a fan of Futurama, but the Scary Door intros was pretty cool.

I think Futurama benefited from its scifi setting, in that it got to mutilate its characters more. People hate Homer the Indestructible Idiot, but Fry loses limbs almost every episode and nobody cares. It lets them do more wild slapstick.

It's been so long and means nothing now, but it originally came on post-watershed. Simpsons was never an "adult cartoon" in that sense.

>It ended itself properly and climatically
Three times!

Deep relationships between characters that aren't members of the same family.

I dunno what the second time is, but the first is valid because for all intents and purposes it was over and the third seems to have actually stuck.

Probably in conveying the feels unto the audience. There were instances where I flat out cried in some episodes because of how heartbreaking it was. Never had that with simpsons