How could this show have succeeded and become a popular show instead of only being known nowadays for either memes or...

How could this show have succeeded and become a popular show instead of only being known nowadays for either memes or its lack of quality?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeepney
youtu.be/b35rvvKSBpI
youtu.be/8Rt5SYv0wG0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

not have it written and animated by people with IQs in the low 90s for one thing.

Maybe if it had aired on a channel that more than three people have.

-animation that doesn't suck
-character design that doesn't suck
-stop trying to appeal to "ghetto gangsta" 12 year olds

to name a few things

If it had only been about Dickman, and if it had been made by Adult Swim, it might could have turned out okay.

Hiring a cartoonist that can actually design something appealing and not a guy that's only good at caricatures. Take out the early 2000's wannabe "gangsta"aesthetic, it makes it look poor than it already is.

Pretty much everything needs to be fixed. The very basic plot can stay. But we need better voice acting, better writing, better animation... better everything.

>have succeeded and become a popular show

yeah...NO

I didn't have the fortitude to watch past the first thirty seconds after the theme song when I tried to watch an episode, so I haven't actually seen Dickman, but I'm assuming he's just a cheap copy of Carl. Am I correct?

- Hire actual voice actors and not people with crippling speech impediments. If they wanted to save money, they could have just hired those anime dub voice actors who work for less than union pay
- Try to be something more than a Filipino South Park knockoff. Maybe focus more on how weird Filipino-American culture is instead of going neckdeep into toilet humor and pop culture references that are already dated at the time of airing.
- Cut out Horat.
- Focus more on Tito instead of Phil
- Redraw the characters so they aren't as ugly
- Maybe pitch the show to Comedy Central or AS instead of putting it on a network nobody has.

He's more like a cheap copy of Granddad from the Boondocks. But they cut out any deep parts of Granddad's personality so he's just "creepy old relative of the main cast who really wants to get laid".

not have fucking Filipinos work on it

>no Horat
>no disgusting character designs
>don’t have 5 characters speak over each other
>humor should be more subtle

pretty much everything that you need to make a successful cartoon. Better writing, more appealing art style, right demographic are some things that could have made it good think how many slumdog philipinos actually have the time to sit down and watch this garbage and relate. Mexicans wouldnt have even looked this way cause it lacks that bilingual sabor
DICK TITO

How often do they actually make fun of filipinos?
Kinda pointless to make the characters flips if they don't.

The episode I watched had a reference to some Filipino thing called a Jeepney. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeepney

They also made some weird dig at Claire Danes just because she once said almost two decades ago that the capital of the Philippines was full of cockroaches and rats. It wasn't even a joke or anything. It was just them calling Claire Danes a bitch just because she thought the Phillippines was dirty.

So just references?
Wasted potential since there's a lot to make fun of; although if they made it today they'd have way more material to work with.

The Nutshack writers don't seem like they have a keen eye in regards to topical writing. For instance, they thought George W Bush jokes were still funny in 2011.

The Phillipines are dirty. That's why all the pinoy people have been jumping ship as fast as other country's immigration boards will let them.

>think Jeepneys are cool
>calls Claire Danes a bitch for speaking the truth
I think the writers would have unironically treated Duterte like a cool guy if the show was still airing now.

>I think the writers would have unironically treated Duterte like a cool guy
this is still pretty common in the phils.
>>think Jeepneys are cool
only good thing about jeepneys are how cheap they are to ride

tito should've actually hated phil, but loved the ladies

That keys into one of the primal flaws of this show. The writers aren't self-aware and legitimately think being a ghetto Filipino kid is the coolest thing ever. They never sat down and thought about how stupid Filipino and gangsta culture could be. Unlike how Aaron McGruder thought about how retarded all aspects of black culture could be, even the parts he otherwise agreed with, and used that brainstorming to make the Boondocks.

I have no idea why anybody in that show hung out with or tolerated Phil. He was the second worst character in that show next to Horat.

Anyone see those behind the scenes featurettes with the Nutshack writers/producers? They all look confused and embarrassed, except for the fat guy who's proud of this show.
youtu.be/b35rvvKSBpI
youtu.be/8Rt5SYv0wG0

Waifus and lore.

This is sexy