This is the Star Wars Holiday Special of modern times...

This is the Star Wars Holiday Special of modern times. A cash-in made solely to promote brand awareness and tie-in products, complete with terrible songs.

Nah, SWHS was spectacularly bad, like a twelve car pile-up. The Olaf """short""" was just mind-numbingly boring, like a mile-long traffic jam. I can watch the Holiday Special and enjoy it, but I will never watch that Olaf shit again as long as I can prevent it.

Fuck you, it was great.

too long and pretty much mandatory viewing if you want to see Coco

Theater ads are long enough these days, another 20 minutes of this is overkill

You're both right. It was a fantastic short but way, WAY too long to put before a movie.

Why do Americans always shoehorn harnukka in christmas specials? It doesn't even happen the same day. That's like tryin to force ramadan in an easter special.

>SWHS was spectaculary bad
>Olaf was just boring
>I enjoy the Holiday special.

wthmbt?

Give a criticism that's not crying about the length of the short because you have an ADHD and can't sit through 20 mins of additional entertainment

I didn't watch it in cinemas, so your complains are irrelevant. I watched it online and will watch it again on HBO this weekend.

>fantastic
paid shill, fuck off

>says it's too long
>is called a paid shill anyway
Critical thinking, how does it work?

This was actually pretty good. You can tell they actually put effort in compared to other holiday specials around.

>length of the short
but that's a legit problem.

You surely don't know, shill.
our damage control skills are too low for that job. Back to pizza delivery for you.

No, I'm pretty sure it's you that lack critical thinking skills, as was evidenced by the fact you actually called him a paid shill after he said something bad about the film.

I can't lie I already fapped to this Elsa a hundred times. My dick says this short is amazing.

English mother fucker, speak it.

isn't that what every last Holiday special ranging back to the invention of them are?

Around 99-2000 they were trying to shoehorn Ramadan into Christmas too.

I'm a /frz/ alumnus and I thought the songs were lackluster and boring. Except for the Olaf one. That one was cool.

This is just boring. SWHS is one of those things that you watch wondering how it was even made by human beings.

I kinda wish there was a christmas special that celebrated the jew christmas tradition of ordering chinese food and watching movies while they get the day off. Or for that matter, the chinese restaurant owner and movie theater worker tradition of working all day.

Christmas is so ingrained in american culture that most americans want to pretend it’s some special spiritual thing to everybody, but it’d be fun to recognize that to some people it’s really not, but with it’s over whelming cultural significance and place in our societal structure it can’t help still affecting people.

I can’t really imagine what the experience would be like going into a movie to see Coco and getting this short before it going on for 20 minutes, but having watched it online instead, it’s really not that bad. There’s a tad too much singing and the songs aren’t even that good, but the initial premise wasn’t terrible and I even had some feels towards the end. If this was a made for tv special, I feel like no one would be complaining about its length or hating on it that hard.

I do dislike a few things it did to the Frozen continuity, though. First, it confirmed Norway exists in this universe. I was kinda hoping Arendelle existed in a world of just fictional countries.

Second, the whole plot is that Elsa and Anna think they have no traditions, only for them to suddenly remember “oh wait, yeah, we do.” How did they forget they did that every single year? They even have a flashback of Elsa fully grown doing it, so they must have done it right up until a fairly recent year and it wasn’t something that they hadn’t done in very long. Them forgetting it until they go dig around in the attic doesn’t make any sense. Furthermore, it puts a little damper on the whole ‘they never interacted all those years’ plot point set up in the first movie. It technically works but still feels kinda shoved in after the fact.

I really thought the way things were going was they were going to say ‘it’s okay we don’t have any traditions, let’s just make them now!’ and decide to do an annual Olaf hunt every year.

So yeah, not a perfect holiday special by any means, but also still not the unbearable thing of evil I see people making it out to be.

Then celebrate new year instead.