Is Rob Liefeld's reputation deserved?

Is Rob Liefeld's reputation deserved?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/o8hMCqzZTHA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes and worse. I think he is literally retarded. He still doesn't understand that you can't steal peoples work

>Bladestrike

>Nightstroke
Well, that ain't inaccurate...

So close

>Shadowshade

FUCK. That's so lame.

And yes, yes it is.

Shadowshot

Yes
Honestly I have no problem with his art. It's terrible yes, but it's terrible in a way that was enjoyable to look at.
He's a dumb shit though.

>Shattershade
Someone should shuffle those sometime

Well he certainly has a style of his own, and it seems to me like he's a guy who doesn't ever have second thought's about the things he does. He clearly does not believe in erasers or mistakes.

we should have one of these for real names, not codenames

Cain, Kane, Kain would be on the list

Kinda yeah. Aside from being a shit artist he's also a shit business man and a lazy asshole. He doesn't have much redeeming him.

>Blackhunter

That is... quite the name.

>Deadshot
oops?

Shadowhunter
I honestly have no real problem with him or his art, but I definitely don't consider it or his writing good.

oooh, I am BloodBlade!!
srsly tho, it was Liefeld that caused me to stop buying american comics for most of the early 90's
Its a funny meme now, it was fucking painful at the time

To this day he still talks and acts like a hyper active obnoxious child, and I dont know if that's what he really is.
Image had an issue with his attitude, to the point where he left before they could fire him.

Explain

Huh. I'm Killrun. I guess I'm a speedster... with a sword!

>Blackshot
ok
And yeah Liefeld deserves his reputation.

>Icehunter

The fuck. Sounds like a character with very few and specific enemy options.

He stole many designs and was nearly sued multiple times, his I'm an idiot card got him out of it far too many times. He fucking stole Kirby designs the year he died, that's a shit move

Maybe nt a hunter of ice, but a hunter FROm the ice. Like an inuit supervillain.

>Cyber Run
FUCKING RAD
youtu.be/o8hMCqzZTHA

>Shadeshot
Cause I be throwin’ shade on muh haters!

>Blastblaze

I'm going to assume I'm a roided out fire user?

Fuck I want this name!

No man your a Mexican hunting ICE and border patrols

>Shadowsiege

What?

>Overblade
I'm dying.
Also, the man simply can't draw. His solution to any apparent weakness is to crosshatch the shit out of it.

>cant draw wrists or ankles
BIG FUCKING GLOVES AND BOOTS!!!!

>DeathShard

tfw Spider-man wont stop calling yout Death-Shart

>Bladerun

Sounds plausible.

thats what got him tossed from Image was taking money and other peoples work.

>gunshot

How creative.

>Overrun
Out of my way, commie shits

>ShadowBlade
Sick. So when do I get my ongoing that only lasts two issues and is panned by Everyone?

>Shadeshade
ROOOOB

Flameblade.

It could be worse i suppose

>shadeshade
Kek

>Blastdoom
Yeah he deserves it. Him and Todd are hollywood max-edgy late ninties coke trash

BlackRazor

Crow Claw? Honestly, that’s more sensical than I was expecting

>Crowshard
Can you even break a crow into shards?

Crowhunter

>Gunforce

>Crowsiege

Aw yeah, I'm about to steal all your loose fuckin' change and smash every walnut with my army of corvid minions.

Bladeshade. My post is the nearest Hot Topic

>tfw Blaydeclaw

Sounds like a terrible deviantart oc

Yes. The thing is, I read a lot of his comics as a kid and I really did like them. Looking back now I realize his art was shit and everything was just 90's X-TREEM but at the time it was good enough for me.

>Blaydeshade

This amuses me much more than it should.

>blackstrike

Sounds more like a shitty tactical team than a character but it works I guess.

Liefeld was a weird force of nature in the early 90s. Christ the guy was on a Levis jeans commercial. But he just lacked the ability to grow. His art got worse/lazier over the years rather than better. Is he doing anything relevant these days?

Me too!

>Shadowrun

heh

The 90's were better than what followed. That's where a lot of the hate comes from; contemporary fans flail about, trying to convince themselves that things could be worse, they could be the 90's. Liefield is the casuals' goto symbol of the decade. As time wears on, however, the laughter and finger pointing become increasingly disingenuous and desperate.
Your comics suck. Hating on Liefield wont help.

I remember when I went to amazing Arizona con they had a panel where he was speaking there. It was the first time I saw him in person and I remember that the panel was for the Deadpool movie.

The first thing I noticed was that there were a lot of people there. Obviously not for him, but for Deadpool. Another thing was that the entire time he was walking quickly around the area, even getting near where I was so I could get a good look at him for a few seconds, never sat in his chair the entire time and talking fast. And that he was pretty short.

Like you I don’t know if it was an act or he’s really like this or maybe a combo of both.

But on the plus side, Chris Claremont was also there, but his panel was a lot smaller. And I asked Charles Soules what was his dream project and he said it was to write Indiana Jones.

Yes.

>Blaydeblade

Ugh.

Blaydeblade

>Bladerazor

THAT'S FUCKING DUMB

>Deathrazor

Crow Hunter. Not bad.

>flameflame
yes

>Blastrun
Flash rip-off then.

>Gunclaw
Stupid name but intriguing ability and tool set

>Bladeshade

Someone with more time on his hands than me ought to storytime Progressive Boink's Liefeld listicles.
>Rob Liefeld is still getting commissioned to do work for both major comics publishers. He is one of the most successful, recognizable, well-known and popular comic book artists in history despite being difficult to work with, egotistical, contrary and missing deadlines on a consistent basis. He has made more money than most of us will ever see in our lifetimes. He still cannot draw a foot.

>Shatterun
Man, I was hoping for something a lot worse, damn.
Maybe I can be a 90's clone of this user with ENHANCEMENTS to shatter things around me with my speed.

>CyberForce

>taking money and other peoples work.

No it was the money and he got caught trying to steal talent away from Silvestri's studio, which is what made Marc leave the company. He came back when Liefled left.

>Cyberjack
...Okay...

>IceForce

I could work with this.

>X-Claw
sounds like a very original and unique character that would not be derivative of anything at all

>Bladeblade

>Nightstrike
*teleports behind you
Nothing personal, kid

>Darkrazor

Now this is podracing

Bladeblaze. Hmm. A sword-wielding speedster?

>Nightshade

I feel like my outfit should be a pink and black version of the Scarlet Witch's, only sluttier.

Me being a man doesn't factor here.

>Crowforce
Dudes in black spandex or something, I guess?

>filming portrait instead of landscape

you tell me

Blast Hunter. Hunter of blasts

It's actually kind of weird that more speedsters don't carry weapons. Reduces the handwavium required for the whole "how does your hand survive the impact of punching a guy?" if you've got a sword instead.

Yeah, but at least Todd was a legit artist who could back up his stylistic choices with talent.

>Nightblaze
I'll take it.

And he more than deserves it, he damn near ruined an entire industry with his shit.

And he had an actual sense for business, Liefled was the only one of the Image founders who manged to run their studio into the ground.

>Crowshard

>near ruined an entire industry with his shit

I mean people always shit on Image, but they weren't the ones pushing gimmic covers. At least nowhere near level that Marvel was. Also Death of Superman did more damage than Youngblood could ever hope.

Cablewolf

I can agree with that, but death of superman didn't go on to influence an era of DARKEDGE, liefeld was a part of that, so he at the very least deserves the shit he gets.

>Blackhunter
C'mere nigger

You’re fucking retarded

He hasn't been relevant in year so who cares? As far as art goes, what people don't get is that he gets hired to draw like he does. If he drew technically well and studied Loomis or whatever, he'd just be a dime-a-dozen house artist.

>X-Shade

Ah the edge.

>O
>Cold
>D
>Steel
Holy shit, I'm legit the original Donut Steel

baka Cody

>t. Angry 90's Babby
Things never really change.

Crowclaw

I dig it.

>Black Slash
Make way, Edge Lord coming through

Deadpool would, but not Spidey

>IceShot

greaaaat i sound like the latest in Starbucks promo drinks

Rob Liefeld is a terrible artist amongst comic artists, that's a given, but realistically speaking, what percentage of normies or even tumblr/web artists can draw better than him?

>Blackshot

>DEATH RAZOR
i love it, and yes because he has not one ounce of humility