What was it that made Phineas and Ferb Disney Channel's biggest hit?

What was it that made Phineas and Ferb Disney Channel's biggest hit?

It even surpassed Kim Possible in popularity.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=soiw4Bh6lig
youtube.com/watch?v=H7CidjhcKcE
youtube.com/watch?v=vVCHE4VSmes
youtu.be/eo9ooWAOQic
youtube.com/watch?v=R-t179CSUIo
youtube.com/watch?v=67Rpm6w6viM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Three words

DOOFENSCHMIRTZ EVIL INCORPORATED

uh, the songs were good and also

would frank kill doof if he crosses paths with him?

how Sup Forums react if he does kill heinz?

Doofenschmirtz never really breaks the law though.

Wow, you're right. It ran two years longer than KP

I dont understand it, i only watched it out of boredom and after it started shoving in music into it i hated it. It was never funny.

This and it had a wide appeal for all ages.

-Didn't have any competition on Disney
-It had Phineas and Ferb for kids, Candace for teens (her voice actor was promoted a lot) and Perry and the Doof for people who didn't care for kid based shows
-It was a watered down Rocko (same with Spongebob)

And when he does, it's always really petty shit that Frank probably wouldn't care about, like jaywalking or loitering. The person Heinz has to look out for is Rorschach. Rorschach would kill him without a second thought.

>implying Frank and Rorschach are a match for Doof
Plz.

That's fair. Perry is a super agent or whatever, and Doof still manages to trap him on a regular basis.

Didn't have too much competition (late 2000s were a notoriously weak era for cartoons) and was just a genuinely funny show

It really didn't have any significant competition. Also, it was after Disney loosened it's airing policy because of Germans jerking off to Kim Possible. They were able to keep making new content and to keep it popular for much longer.

That's mainly because the assholes at disney dragged out season 4 for four fucking years.
Coincidentally, season 4 also had most of the mediocre episodes.

Always loved this show. Even though I was already 41 in 2008 LMAO!!

Showed the movie to my kids yesterday and we all laughed so freakin hard.

>thought the trio protagonists were boring
has the definition of "boring" changed in the last few years?
You may not like them, but how in the hell can they be boring?

>It even surpassed Kim Possible in popularity.
What?

Phineas and Ferb are dull characters who just randomly invent whatever. And Candace is a bitch who wants to kill the fun. Candace isn't boring, that insult is for Phineas and Ferb. They have no personality outside of being Human Doings in doing whatever but their nature? Nothing.

Bright artwork that caught the eye.
Catchy songs in a wide range of styles.
Clever writing that never talked down to its audience and had jokes that would appeal to multiple age groups.
Tons of slapstick.
Likable characters and a cast that actually grows not just in size but as people as the show goes along.

It's the Rocky and Bullwinkle Show of the 21st century.

Best song time

Songs
Doof
Perry
Doof
Cute girls
Doof

It's a rehash of Loony Tunes.

doof is best girl

It premiered right after High School Musical 2 to get the ratings to skyrocket and it worked. Also because there was little competition since CN was beginning its dark age and Nick was bombarded with Spongebob.

How are they at all similar?

It enjoyed more popularity than Kim Possible, which was Disney Channel's biggest show up until that point.

It was a simple cartoon that just did things that were fun and that anyone could enjoy. There weren't many of those around when the show first started airing and especially not on Disney Channel.

It probably clicked with a generation like every popular kids show.

>came out during a time when there weren't that many super big cartoons
>song in every episode could've flopped so hard, but it didn't because the people who made the songs were actually passionate about music
>clever writing
>Disney surprisingly pushed it super duper hard

It got really lucky; a heavily advertised cartoon that was ACTUALLY good that could have gone so horribly wrong went really well! It was great.

I didn't ever think to give the show a chance because the character designs were unappealing to me. I only started watching it after seeing a bunch of "straight-bait-yuri" fanart.

Phinease and Ferb just had a funnier situation and it made fun of so many things at the time. Also it had some catchy music that wasn't this live action bullshit.

Doofenschmirtz's eyes are always slightly tinted red.

Hes not really evil, just slightly crazy high.

Hes a wonderful father although a bad husband, but his backstory is comically tragic.

And Linda gave him the idea of taking over the tri-state area.

Gonna need citation for the first two lines, reddit spacer.

It didn't really have much competition during it's run. Wasn't this the same era that produced shit like Johnny Test?

I generally agree. Never cared for it.

Season 4 was hit or miss but the good ones really where great.

He was definitely high in that zinc episode.

>"I'm sorry, sir, we cannot deliver hot wings to the bottom of a lake."
>"Aw, come on! I'll tip you 15 percent."

went with someone who could possibly have a crossover with doof (both being owned by disney).

his goals might be petty but doof's methods are out right scary if the goal is more serious.

plus we'll see perry vs frank.

I feel like the side-cast is under-appreciated sometimes.

Phineas and Ferb are basically there to facilitate everyone else's antics. And to be honest I think it works.

>"Mom, mom, mom! Phineas and Ferb made me!"
>"I've got stretch marks that prove otherwise."

It had a lot of songs and shipping in a time where High School Musical was still relevant

i like how they off and on again remember buford's the bully.

Kiddie adventures for kids
Perry for Kim Possible fans
At least two ships for shippers

>Love is a canvas furnished by nature and embroidered by the imagination.
>Voltaire, Buford? Really?
He's a sensitive soul on the inside.

This song makes weird things to my dick.

if he moves to gotham he'll be the first to sign up for penguin's crime licenses.

out of procedure rather than actual need to do crimes.

It had a formula that worked.

1. The show had a fun sense of humor, more than willing to make fun of its own formulaic structure and running gags.
2. Creative premises made for engaging episodes; Phineas and Ferb's "big ideas" were always pleasant to watch unfold
3. Catchy, energetic musical numbers with over-the-top animation to match.
4. The movie was a fun take on a slightly more dramatic P&F story, made the characters feel pretty fresh 3 seasons in.
5. Comedic timing and witty jokes. The show is legitimately funny and hits a lot of good punchlines in most episodes.

I could probably think of more reasons, but that's just off the top of my head.

>Never talked down to its audience

This is something that can never be understated.

>1. The show had a fun sense of humor, more than willing to make fun of its own formulaic structure and running gags.

This also made it a joy to binge, theyd always find a way to make the same three jokes hilarious.

Phineas and Ferb is probably the best cartoon that kept doing the same formulaic, recycled plot but was somehow able to keep things interesting and fun the entire way through.

Compare that with something like Regular Show, which started getting stale merely 3 or 4 seasons in.

Yeah, most of Doofenschmirtz's schemes to become mayor are based on legal technicalities.
youtube.com/watch?v=H7CidjhcKcE

But Candace is a nagger though. She nags all day long.

youtube.com/watch?v=vVCHE4VSmes

> dat shoulder move
it was probably too risque and made them cut the song

Doof would hit the self destruct button fist and frank will just assume he's dead.

> the sole reason this show surpassed kim possible

forgot pic

Watch the fucking show for your fucking citations nigger

Heinz is not even a villian, his most succesful creation is actually use to help people and find the idea of hurting children revolting, Frank would just tell him to focus in helping

Okay, so it's Phineas and Ferb, right?
BUT
Instead of 104 days of summer vacation,
it's
hear me out
it's

it's 120 days of Sodom.

i got glue on my hands and i got records on my fingers

It all began the day of my birth.

Both of my parents failed to show up.

he's a very low tier villain at best, a nuisance at worst.

unfortunately those are the types that frank can kill to show he means business.

would a phineas and ferb at school show work?

I'm fucking glad I heard the jingle a Mike away before checking the spoiler.

>his most succesful creation is actually use to help people
Shit what was that again? Haven't watched the show in what feels like a decade

Only if they did it like Ed, Edd, 'n' Eddy and completely removed everybody else from the school.

I remember him being a bully in like 3 episodes then after that he just played rough

It was some shit used by optometrists, the point is that used for good, it gives him a huge amount of cash, but he helps people

>it premiered right after High School Musical 2
I still remember watching it with my cousin and brother. We laughed our asses off after the first reveal of Perry being a secret agent

Cause even though it's incredibly formulaic, it plays around with that formula and makes fun of it while also being overall pretty funny. Also every song that gets composed for the show is a banger.

I used to watch this show a lot in prison, along with Bib's Burgers. Kept me going through some hard times.

Just watched a few episodes, I didn't remember how fucking good this show is.

Can I ask maybe what you were in for?

Agreed. Phineas and Ferb's plot was the worst part of the show. Doofenshmirtz and Perry were consistently the best part of the show.

Burgled my sister's fiance's house in 2009. Got out in 2014. It took a lot of cartoons to turn my life around.

youtu.be/eo9ooWAOQic

It's a cool show.

youtube.com/watch?v=R-t179CSUIo

And Candace is a great character.

Nah...Doof and Perry alone dont work (see OCWA special episode...was very boriing).

Doofenshmirz & Perry.
Fun adventures.
Humor.
Cute Fireside Girls who can kick your heinie if need be.

Was he a rich guy? Or were you doing out of spite?

youtube.com/watch?v=67Rpm6w6viM

#NeverTigger?

not to make fun of your situation but this practically mandatory

In the not too distant future
We're down in Doof-13

Not ex-con user, but goddamn it that made me laugh

THAT PIC!!
How COULD you post it?!?!
I'm so unbelievably tiggered

>The guy behind him is the same man with the comb-over from the movie.
kek

nigger you made me rage

oh there you are, perry

Almost in tears. I have so much nostalgia for this show.