Spider-Girl

I was rereading Spider-Girl and I realized I have rarely seen a Spider-Girl thread on this board. What's your opinion on the series? Did you have any favorite characters or arcs? I personally liked how it didn't focus so much on the female aspect but rather how being the daughter of Spider-Man really affected her life. You really do see aspects of her father and her mother in different scenarios. Also May traveling back in time and teaming with a young Peter was kino as fuck. Also the clone thing was kind of weird but I really like how it closed the series wit April becoming a hero in the end.

April deserved better

Slott can die in a fucking fire.

He knows what he did.

Yeah I felt like no one really gave her a chance and she took it out on herself. Peter was too much of a dick to her even after she sacrificed herself to save May.

I liked it for the most part, my biggest problem is that the comic tries to be from the perspective of the reader, it tries to say that YOU are Spider-Girl and this is how you feel.

Mayday>Annie

Moreso when you consider that DeFalco letting him off easy is part of the reason he even has a job in comics in the first place.

One of the things I loved was how Mayday was able to redeem several villains throughout the series.

By letting him off easy you're referring to how he lied about himself going to college to get into Marvel while Defalco was EiC?

>I was rereading Spider-Girl and I realized I have rarely seen a Spider-Girl thread on this board
Spider-Girl fans, at least old ones, are pretty uniformly guys who read 90s Spidey, at some point went "fuck this shit", saw a jump off point and took it.

Meaning that we're the sort of nerds that, if we dislike something, will just go find something else that's closer to what we want, instead of reading a book we hate just to bitch about it. So we don't contribute to 98% of comic discussion online.

Oh yeah. And how DeFalco let it slide.

>What's your opinion on the series?
I liked the concept. This is how the MU should be today: most old heroes retired or MIA, making room for a new generation
The writing was terribly cheesy, especially the high school drama. Saved by the bell level cringe.
Frenz and Ollife's art was terrible too.

I grew up with Saved by the Bell and my god Spider-girl felt like a Breath of Fresh Air. Not every issue ended with a lesson and some of Mayday's freinds fuck up big time. Like while it is a more idealized high school it did not treat high school like a total joke.

Kaine's role was a pleasant surprise for me.

May is best girl

Retering heroes will never occur in the big two. Its just throwing too much money out the window and stupid from a business perspective. After all, May would be teaching her kids to sling by now if real time was applied.

Keeping a separate line going like they tried to do with M2 and currently have with the spidey family book makes far more sense.

>namefag
I thought this was a fucking storytime you faggot

Apparently Marvel is going to put out Complete Collections of Spider-Girl starting in August

>What's your opinion on the series?
Plots were nice, the character dynamics were comfy, the dialogue was kinda terrible in an endearing way.
Maybe one day it will return

s-she has nice breasts...

Would anyone like a storytime I just got to make it back home but I have the whole series.