What's the Sup Forums equivalent of fighting tournament story arcs?

What's the Sup Forums equivalent of fighting tournament story arcs?

>story arcs
>western animation

Eat shit.

The "two good guys fight each other for no fucking reason" issue.

Pull up a chair.

>literally the only example and its made to look and feel like an anime

Racing episodes.

>Ranfan never made in in any of the games
>Not even fucking Heroes
Life is unfair

Tell that to Zod's snapped neck.

a hunger games style arena free for all

Events.

I don't think there is one. Fighting tournaments are meant to showcase characters nobody cares about while also pretending that there are stakes to what's happening. That's pretty much every episode of an western cartoons.

>ywn wrestle a sweaty ranfan

comics have arcs you dipshit

You guys really like the word shit.

Road trip/ World travel arcs. You know the ones. Where the MC leaves their usual setting for a few episodes and meets new characters, new villains, finds some macguffins and then goes home when it's all over.

"Heroes vs Heroes a lot" events.

This is very true.

The first half of Season 3 of Reboot where they were hopping between video games trying to get home.

TMNT 2K3 had a tournament arc.

she's a boss in Dragon Ball Origins.

Cross overs.

There is none.

The biggest difference between anime and western action that no one talks about is that anime spends a lot more time on the fights.

In anime, they'll spend several episodes building up to one fight and then the actual fight can be anywhere from half an episode to several episodes.

In western action, they almost never do any buildup for a fight. It's totally contained within that episode and has little bearing on the overall story. Also, a single fight will only take up 5 minutes at the absolute most.

Is that 1 or 2?
Because I have 1 and have yet to finish it

>comics
thats not animation, can you even read?

Futurama dedicated an entire season to story arcs.

>Sup Forums equivalent
>Sup Forums
COMICS AND CARTOONS

Damn YOU can't read either? You should probably go back to kindergarten.

>western animation
>comics have arcs you dipshit

The lack of fights is one of the biggest problem of the western animation

>boco's the only one to come up with a reasonable comparison

What's the world coming to I ask you?

Shut up by the way.

Why would you need to spend any longer on a fight? It's a cartoon, not a boxing match.

Continuing beyond Namek was a mistake.

Invasions

>not wanting a cartoon about boxing

The dark tournament is the best tournament arc ever

Because fight are entertaining

Not everything in the world is like your retarded chinese cartoons, kid.

>mfw I can see OP leaving the house running with a toast in his mouth thinking he looks cool.

I hate DBZ fights. For all their flying debris, there's no actual impact to each move. They just keep punching and kicking and firing off their blasts and barely flinching from any of it until the writers decide it's time to wrap it up.

>not liking Zamasu

See , Retard.

Something that seems fun and limited in scope, but gets constantly dragged into world-threatening events?
That's most good Marvel books of the last 20 to 30 years.

>post marvel live action shit
Fuck off to Sup Forums

But user that anime is about oxygen

I have no idea how this was the arc that saved Super in the eyes of people. It's fucking garbage. I guess it's just adult trunks nostalgia.

>I have no idea how this was the arc that saved Super in the eyes of people
Black and Zamasu

t.can't follow plot

are you women?

Actual comics aren't all that relevant.

Believe it!

>cartoons
>plots

>TMNT 2K3 had a tournament arc

And they mercifully only stretched it for 4 episodes. If it were a Japanese cartoon, the Battle Nexus Tournament arc would have lasted the whole season.

But they were awful. Seriously dark versions of good guys? What is this an MCU origin movie? Literally "black Kamehameha"? This is borderline parody.
Zamasu's motivation was decent but that's it.

>kills gods stronger than him offscreen
>good character

What? The kaioshin are weak conpared to Black and Zamasu

tournament arcs are literally canon filler and dragon ball is the worst example of this.
the only time it actually is part of the story arc is in the majin buu saga.

>liking Zamasu

Love triangle stories. A.k.a. refined super-cancer.

t. never read/watched Dragon Ball (sans Z). It was essential for Goku's development, Tien's introduction and Piccolo Jr.

He didn't kill them

He didn't kill any angels.

Alight, all I need to do is draw a five and I win the thread tournament.

*blocks your turn*

Why is that underwear so sexy?

>Ranfan
Unwittingly getting this uncensored fight on VHS changed my damned life. Always considered her the hottest DB girl. Gave me a thing for underdressed/naked women still wearing their shoes, too.

Tien, Chiaotzu and Shen could've been introduced in the King Piccolo saga and nothing would've changed.

>tambourine kills the strongest in the world
>can't kill Tien, retreats
>goes after king Piccolo like he did before
>jobs and learns mafuba
>jobs again
>become friends with Goku

Is that suppose to be impressive? They could've did it any other way.

and you expected me to believe none of the angels could've stopped Zamas? obviously they don't just turn off when their GoD is dead, Vados is still talking after U6's erasure.

>Killed gods stronger than him
Only because Gods of Destruction are lifelinked to their Supreme Kais

They are neutral

Dragon Ball is a very charming adventure story about an abnormally strong child who gradually becomes the most powerful being on Earth, including its Devil and God figures. I like what became better known as DBZ, but the kid Goku stuff was a lot better as a story. It probably could have ended without the Superman reveal and beyond.

>steven universe has plot
>star vs has plot
>jackie chan adventures has plot
>welcome to the wayne has plot

Never liked tournaments. It just feels like a cheap excuse for characters to fight eachother

Looks like Stardust Crusaders.

That would be SO much less effective though. Tenshinhan introduced as the cocky rival school character is what makes him interesting. I like how Tenshinhan's ideology of the pride of battle and being a warrior conflicts with Roshis. Tenshinhan feels that by sealing Piccolo away or wishing him away is a discrace to them as a fighter. And that makes his realization that getting rid of Piccolo in any way possible is necessary, Telling chiaotzu (in vain) to wish him away, and after their death running off to master the Mafuba. None of that would've had the weight it had if we didn't see how his character changed from the 22nd Budokai. It would basically take away any semblance of an "arc" for that character that concludes in the 23rd Tenchaichi Budokai.

>su
>star
>plot
And Jackie Chan "plot" was very anime like. Literally dragon ball tier

but crusaders is the best jojo.

part 4 is retarded detective jojo

Stardust Crusaders is one of my least favorite parts because it's so combat-focused as to be exhausting. It was basically a Street Fighter game as a manga. Part 4 did a better job bringing other things to the table, but I still groaned out loud when a brand new wave of minibosses was created with the bow and arrow. Needless padding.

Stealth Dragon Ball threads need to be a punishable offence.

>honorary Sup Forums
This isn't a /toonami/. Fuck off back to Sup Forums.

What's the Sup Forums equivalent of the gentleman thief?

literally who

I wish there was a game where you could play as Ranfan.

Female Catburglar or male Swashbuckling rogue

This is what happens when all the current cartoons sucks.

I like to see the diversity of JoJofags opinions, one day i found a guy who haves the part one as his favourite part. I can't understand why that shitty part is good for him, but it's good to have a lot of diferent tastes.