Ms. Marvel

Sell me on Ms. Marvel. How exactly is she going to be Marvel's Wonder Woman? Is there anything interesting about her other than being a vegetable because she got Rogue'd? Alternatively, if you can't do that, just post good old fashioned cheesecake.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_You_Zombies
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There was that time she got impregnated by her own son

I'm going to need you to elaborate. A lot.

Good, we'll get the Game of Thrones audience for sure. Incest is hot these days.

Her time traveling son went back in time to rape and impregnate Carol so he can be born or in other words just read Avengers 200

>Can only exist by enacting a causality loop where you're your own father by raping your mother
Actually would make for a nice fucked up little scifi short story. How'd the comics handle it?

The Avengers thought it was great and let her rapist take him back to his rape dimension and thought it was all very sweet and romantic.

...huh. What did Carol think?

Once she escaped she joined the X-Men and told the Avengers to fuck off.

So at least one of the writers realized this was fucked up and it traumatized Carol for life? How exactly did none of the Avengers get that?

And then Rogue joined the Xmen and Carol told THEM to fuck off.

>… This one will stay with her forever.

It was kind of an office politics thing between the writers who liked Carol and the Editor who really, really disliked her.

I'm getting the idea this was originally just meant to be consensual and only creepy by accident but was retconned into the full on rape it logically appeared to be by future writers. Am I right?

They already did this for Jessica Jones though anyway, she needs a new angle.

Because Rogue is better in every way and literally has the same powers because she stole them. So there's not much point in Carol anymore.

Its pretty much a consensus that people liked alcoholic Carol with a lady boner for Skrull murder

So why not just use Rogue for the MCU instead of Ms. Marvel? They have the rights now.

>Its pretty much a consensus that people liked alcoholic Carol with a lady boner for Skrull murder
Go on.

>mfw the after credits scene of her movie will show Rogue and Mystique

They'll probably have both. Just have Carol pop up in X Men like Falcon did for Ant Man, have Rogue touch her during the fight, and BAM! X Men have their own flying brick. Hard saying how much the X Men will cross over with Avengers stuff, so Rogue would make a nice bridge between the two

They'll have both, one in X, the other in A. And the inevitable AvX movie will make for some pretty fapworthy fights.

>They'll have both, one in X, the other in A.
Having two of the same character sounds like a bad idea.

How long until we get alcoholic Carol with a futa boner for Kamala?

>Marvel's Wonder Woman

even with convoluted shit like in her canon she's still nothing like as bad as Wonder Woman to try and explain

if anything the past few years of her as a space adventurer will be the likely way of presenting her in movie form

think Captain America but in a GotG setting instead of WW2

editorial eventually apologized in what was an extremely enlightened mea culpa response - which today would have Sup Forums up in arms for literal years about "feminazis ruining comics"

you have to remember this was the 80s, when people hadn't quite twigged that John Byrne was a pedophile as well as a crazy asshole

They're not the same character. Since when did Carol have a monopoly on super strength and flying? In terms of powers, Carol can go super sayian, Rogue is a damn parasite. In terms of personality, ones a drunken pilot, the other is a southern flirt

Works for Flash, all his villains are Speedsters.

Having two girls that can fly and punch super hard makes for a good fight since they're equal on power and you're not going to get someone like Black Widow trying to take on Rogue which is unrealistic.

>Carol is a violent drunk with a rape backstory
So she's gonna be the movie's answer to Netflix's Jessica Jones?

Because Captain Marvel begins shooting in February next year, which means it's impractical to radically alter the script and impossible to scrap altogether even if they really wanted to release a Marvel Studios movie called Rogue instead of a Marvel Studios movie called Captain Marvel which would come out alongside already-planned X-Men movies.

Cancelling movies even as late into production as some of the planned X-Men stuff means paying off a lot of people who'd cleared their schedules and agreed to work on it. It's rarely worth doing if you've done any serious prep. WB are still, for example, paying royalties to Billy Dee Williams for Batman Forever, in which he was supposed to return as Harvey Dent/Two Face, but which was eventually given to Tommy Lee Jones. BDW gets paid for not showing up because he was already the character on-screen and the series wasn't actually scrapped, just retooled. Even if they'd scrapped or retooled, he'd still have got a large payment once WB started making Batman movies again. For all I know, he got another one when The Dark Knight came out.

I genuinely do not believe that after the FOX movies are done they'll start rolling the X-Men into the MCU, nor do I believe anybody seriously wants to try and roll the existing continuity in. Netflix, maybe - deniability like Daredevil, where nobody gives a shit if he's in the movies because the show is fine, and the movies don't ever mention him because it's unnecessary.

But honestly, even sold off as an asset, 20th Century FOX isn't going to go anywhere, and it's existing slate of movies are going to continue as-is. Until you see actual evidence of crossover, believe nothing is happening - and I mean, on-screen, not, some guy said it's their intention, or it was talked about in an interview, or even it was put in the timeline at a con reveal. Remember how Inhumans got bumped from movie to show? Nothing is set in stone.

>So why not just use Rogue for the MCU instead of Ms. Marvel? They have the rights now.

They do now, but at the time they started planning the Captain Marvel movie, they didn't. One thing to keep in mind was how much bad blood there was between Disney studio execs and Fox studio execs. Disney is only getting Fox's movie stuff because Rupert Murdock's kids are fuck-ups. If the studio people had their way, this would never have happened. They've been more than happy to throw away money on Fantastic Failure after Fantastic Failure just to keep the rights out of Disney's hands.

Besides, Carol Danvers was originally a great character... it's just over the years, people with agendas have fucked her up to the point that she's become Carl Manvers. The MCU won't be doing that version... she'll be an Air Force officer who meets a dying Kree who will warn her of a coming Skrull invasion. In trying to save his life, she'll gain powers. None of the Marcus shit will show up, and she'll end up saving the day and joining the Avengers.

If the movie does well... wait, sorry, this isn't DC... when the movie does well, in the sequel they'll introduce Rogue, who will steal her powers and memories and Carol will get the Binary power set so she's not just a flying brick. It will also help lead into the introduction of the Disney version of the X-Men and the inevitable X-men movies, culminating in an Avengers vs X-Men flick.

That's exactly what happened

No one said anything about continuing the X Men continuity, god no. They'll reboot that shit, and probably give us a Rogue who actually does something. They're not making X men a show either, because the Wolverine money is too big, and Inhumans was a failure

>all his villains are speedsters
each flash has 1 (one) single speedster in his main rogues gallery. have you ever in your life read a single flash comic?

>Besides, Carol Danvers was originally a great character
Sell me on her. Why? Don't just say her ass.

Carol is a whore. Rogue is good girl forever virgin.

Have you read any of the recent shit? DC went speedster happy
>Negative Flash
>Daniel West
>Godspeed

negative flash is just zoom and is wally wests 'nemesis'
godspeed is barrys
daniel west is nu-wallys (if im remembering right)
its barry that has ended up with 2 speedsters in his gallery and even then saying 'all of flash's villains are speedsters' is so wrong its embarassing, considering the VAST majority of flash villains arent even meta-humans especially

She's not going to look or act remotely like this in the movie is she?

They need her to be female Guy Gardner. That's it.

Nope, she'll be a bland, mary sue with quips for days.

So does that mean Janet will give Carol a one-hit knockout that leaves her mildly retarded?

>Hawkeyes grin.

I don't know, her thought bubbles make it clear she is trying and failing to resist mind control, or is that the retcon?

I unironically find the human roastie trainwreck that is Carol Danvers far more interesting as a character than Diana, even if I love the other more because she is just a nicer person. Barring Elseworlds where she hungers for kryptonian cock.

It'll be interesting to see how the MCU totally sanitizes her and turns her into a bland and inoffensive heroine in the style of Current Year.

I mean, it's a fine ass.

Post proof.

seconding this

All these unsupported statements are bugging the shit out of me.

>Carol was a great character
No proof

>Carol has a fine ass
No proof

SUPPORT YOUR ARGUMENTS

Are you kidding or did you never read
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_You_Zombies

Blurry from all but one very flattering angle. I need more proof for it to be conclusive.

Not quite the same.

Not by choice.

>Literal incel
worst girl

A Long, Long Time Ago when Marvel did comics

Her ass may be fine but her hair looks like shit there. I prefer the classic mane. And the classic outfit, for that matter.

It wasn't really her son, it was Immortus son who he left stranded in a time bubble in limbo. He lured Carol there, used super science to make her compliant and got her pregnant with himself so that he could escape to the real world.

>Pregnant with him
He's her son.

like four years ago tops, and everybody bitched about the art for weeks because she was wearing pants

>because she was wearing pants
Her swimwear costume is great, don't deny it.

The Wolverine money is likely only big because of Jackman, who is not coming back.

A reboot is the only sane option, but like Daredevil, it's probably not viable as a movie series, at least for a few years after the current slate is done.

ehhhhh

it's kind of like Baywatch

everybody likes a good looking woman wearing next to nothing and proud of herself

nobody actually wants to pay to see it except a few saddos

Who's on the right? Why is Cage sharing that phat ass white some white boy, white boys can never please Carol.

I'll pay to see it if it's attached to other good stuff. It's an enhancer, not something that can sell on its own.

>The Avengers thought it was great
The most shameful incident in Avengers history IMO.

>Implying putting some random Canadian manlet in the brown and gold spandex won't be enough for casuals to forgot about Jackman

On top of being sexy I actually think it's a more interesting costume design than the one that was posted.

>Who's on the right?
Jessica Jones.

Oh please, Jackman is good, but do you think people will care if they replace him after 17 years? They see a comic accurate costume, they say a damn thing. You're fucking insane if you think X Men is staying as a show

Wait, if he's his own father, how is Immortus his father?

that is ms marvel not this racist piece of crap

Where is the implied cheesecake?

There's something about Jackman's portrayal that didn't quite come across as Wolverine to me, don't get me wrong he took the character and made it his own like a Clint Eastwood of today. That's why it was good but whereas Jackman played the 'cool guy' role in the comics Wolverine is a bit more boisterous than that, he's a bit more forthcoming rather than Jackman's standoffish in fact it's fair to say although Wolverine in the comics is a good guy at heart at times he can be a little shit towards his team mates. I think if a new actor can bring out these traits more they'll be going in the right direction, a good place to start would be Weapon X. Back on topic: Captain Marvel I want this one to succeed I'd be disappointed if Wondy was the only successful female lead supers movie but for some reason I'm getting a bad feeling on this one.

Is she racist now? What happened?

Blue eyed blondes are inherently racist

>Dating Rhodey.
>A racist.
Or maybe she was going through a BLACKED phase?

ahhhhh

what this feminazy are doing here
Jesus

Tell me about Carol. Why does she wear the swimsuit?

Based on a random getup she grabbed from some shops while trying to lose a stalker. Then the Wasp made it into a superhero costume for her.

what does the 's' stand for?

It's a lightning bolt from her USAF wing.

Is that true?

>pic
hnnnng. Best one in the thread. Carol a cute

How much was Carol raped in the airforce?

I still have yet to see any dedicated Carol Danvers fans in this thread come forward and talk about why she's a great character. That bodes poorly for the movie. I can't see why anyone would be interest-

Holy boobs. Is she supposed to be that stacked?

Yes

she was a pilot, not ground crew, so probably not as much as you'd think

plus she stuck around long enough to get desked via age and rank, so she can't have had too big of a problem

>I like these bare shoulders
Me too

Frank Cho can't draw

Yes
>literally a second skin

>plus she stuck around long enough to get desked via age and rank, so she can't have had too big of a problem
Maybe she just knows how to take it on the chin.

>worrying about her fashion sense and weight
This kind of relate able concern is extremely problematic.

I disagree and so do those boobs.

It'll be more like 20+ years by the time they get around to Wolvie again, but yeah, I think whoever gets that poison chalice will be heavily compared to the older movies.

At which point Marvel's only chance is to get Jackman (and reviewers) to talk about what a load of old shit those movies truly were.

The coming New Mutants movie will be the acid test of whether a reboot is even viable over a tv show - if it does well, they'll run down those contracts (because there's a clause that gets the actors paid even if they're not used in future movies while they're under contract) then reboot, so around 2025 at the latest, when it'll become MCU for good. If they do poorly, tv shows and no more movies, but maybe, down the line, main-team characters showing up in other MCU movies.

The idea that Marvel is somehow going to have to rely on the X-Men of all things is the same kind of magical thinking that led to WB making endless shitty Batman reboots. You can get lucky - TDK and TDKR proved that - but you can also end up with Batman & Robin.

Marvel's original strategy of using no-mark characters who've never been tried in film (and the Hulk, which kind of proves the rule) has worked just fine. No reason to discontinue it.