AMERICA?

What happens next for our “no nonsense” hero?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/geneluenyang/status/928000965692796929
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We are free from her nonsense

She and her writers die of cancer

She's going to be in that Secret Warriors cartoon

A feedback loop where respectable writers try to stay as far away as possible, so it gets worse and worse.

Do you have any examples of this happening before?

EVERYBODY BETRAY HER SHE FED UP WITH THIS WORLD

CANCELLED

Hopefully the rubbish heap of horrible characters

DC movie universe

According to my LCS, her issues will he tossed into the quarter bin soon. Tempted to grab some issues.

America (vol.1, 2017-2018) is a brave, political comic, tackling complex social issues.

Kenan is a virgin though. He hasn't been with anyone at all while America has been with at least 3

Most likely she will just return to being an obscure character that gets dug out of limbo every once in awhile.

Sup Forums really ascribes way too much importance to this comic. It's not like she's the first obscure shitty character to get an awful mini. It's a meme at best, like US War Machine and Marville, not the avatar of the death of the industry.

Kenan will be cancelled soon as well.

she fades into obscurity the same as that Gay hero they were so proud of back in the early 2000s

people eventually realize that basing a character on current social issues gets boring fast

>says increasingly nervous man

She's already set to be in a new book isn't she? I forget which one it was.

twitter.com/geneluenyang/status/928000965692796929

This Stacy supervillain is the only good thing about the comic desu

You know, while I was playing Super Mario Odyssey, I couldn't help but think that it was exactly what an America Chavez book should have been. A flying brick type (Mario would be classified as a superman type hero if he was in comics, right?), who goes from one world to the next helping others and stopping some bad guy from getting all the things that allow him to do all the things. Each world would be like earth, except different, and there would be a character who helps out and provides guidance to how that world works. Like an All X-Men universe (where the only heroes are X-Men and some heroes who weren't mutants are now mutants), or a All Gods universe (Where instead of super teams, its different pantheons who battle it out like team Asgard, team Olympus, Team America, team Japan, etc). And maybe there could be a universe where the original Ms America basically went through Captain America's story line and took over as the face of the MU. Maybe instead of Cappy, she's helped by another dimension hopper like Portal or an alt Maker whos good.

I don't know, I'm just spitballing ideas here but I just had a strange feeling about Mario being the winning formula for how to write characters like this. Anyone get what I'm trying to say?

"our"
Speak for yourself gay trans latina bruja snowflakex

>latina
it's latinx nowadays

I can see it. There is a great density to the levels of Odyssey.
This same density is also the defining characteristic of Gabby as well as her America.

That just makes America a loose slut

that's actually kinda what i thought it would be and the first issue or two kinda hinted at it. the multiversal school was a base and america bouncing around

Standing in the welfare line.

a visit from ICE

some guest appearances in squirrel girl/spiderwoman/carol danvers comics, or put into another c list team

But she is 'all nonsense'.
She is an interdimensional alien who claims Puerto Rican heritage by virtue of crashing a party. (By that standard I am Vietnamese because someone's granny did some bretty good cooking for me. And Texan. And Turkish. And French)
She ends a relationship over dostance concernes while ignoring all distance for all other purposes.
She looks like Esmeralda the Gypsy girl and talks like a white girl who googled what Latinos talk like and only read a tumblr discussion in which none of the participants actually speaks Spanish beyond school courses.

America Chavez vs Original Ms America

Who wins?

There was also a third Ms America from the Initiative team, but she never got a name and never appeared again after.

Hm. SG got Laura Kinney a pet wolverine.
Maybe she'd get America an irate female chihuahua. A little angry bitch.

She dies on the way back to her home dimension.

They are both shit tier literally whos

>There was also a third Ms America from the Initiative team, but she never got a name and never appeared again after.
She had one more appearance during Fear Itself

The levels in Odyssey are huge though.

t. non reader

This forced meme is so fucking stupid, but it makes me laugh every time I see it. Thanks, user.

I half expect her to show up in another non-white character's book and be the butt of jokes. Kinda like when Mockingbird showed up for a panel in Power Man & Iron Fist.

thank heavens

but this this mean no Justice League China?

The new title of the book is New Super-man and the Justice League of China.

I'm hype.

Wait until you see the Aqua-Man of North Korea

If given the chance, how would you salvage America Chavez as a character, Sup Forums?

Hard mode: you can't declare Gabby's run non-canon.

I really hope they keep pushing her.

The total hopelessness of the effort is pretty fun.

Good for them. I hope the people involved don't lose track of what made people like their comic

Seriously? Show.

This is all we've seen so far

You know, if you think about it, the cause of 90% of the complaints about the book boil down to the university she's at. And in that case, its not actually Gabby's fault, but a symptom of her lack of talent or experience. I was reading an interview with her and she was talking to a friend about how she got the job at Marvel, and her friend was saying that you can't just make a regular super hero comic now a days. You have to have some sort of gimmick. And so she decided to set the book at a university. And that's where all the complaints and shittyness of the book originate from.

Breaking up with her GF who did nothing wrong, The over glorification of Sonya Sotomeyer, the awfully generic Leelumultipass crew that serves as her side kicks who are way too competent, The Midas lady invading the school so her brown friends can stop her, the fact that there's no story at all because its mostly just her hanging around the school doing nothing instead of dimension hopping. That shitty piece of advice from her friend basically doomed the comic from page 1 and is the source of pretty much all the plot related stupidity

Just have her on a team book like Young Avengers or regular Avengers where she isn't at the university anymore. that way she won't be associating with Leelumultipass people and will focus on the task at hand. Make small nods to it here and there like her Grandmother needing help once in a while to keep it canon but basically ignore all the university stuff

Oblivion, hopefully.

Have her decide that she cares ore about protecting people than pursuing education, so she becomes a superhero while the school creates a lenient schedule to help her balance both lives.

Her new story is about her balancing saving the worlds, tending to her family obligations with Madrimar, school, and trying to maintain a relationship with Magdalena (which is strained because it's long distance + America has so much on her plate.) America thinks she can handle it because she's hot shit, but she's eventually forced to realize that she's spread herself too thin for the sake of others. Unfortunately, her pride makes her not want to seek out help. She's afraid to admit she's weak, especially after she made a big deal about how everyone can depend on her.

Generic as fuck, but it plays on the idea that America is her own biggest friend, and her greatest enemy.

>no tits
>no ass
>build like a fridge
>bad sense of fashion
i can't fap to this

He's way too well fed to be North Korean.

Come on now, for all the problems with America, they didn't skimp on the THICCness.

How does that even make sense when Latina is literally the feminine conjugation of the word Latino in the Spanish language?

Having gendered language is sexist or transphobic or something didn't you know?

BRAAAPPPP

[insert deportation joke here]

I'm expecting a teamup book with her and Kate Bishop AKA The Real Hawkeye (TM) in a year or two.

Did I miss the thread for the last issues, think I was on like 8.
If anyone has an archive link pls sen it my way I need my keks

Wasn’t that essentially Young Avengers?

I am truly in awe at the courage and power of being lesbians

Make a story about an in-universe human SJW fighting against America's alien appropriation of Latincks culture. Lots of opportunity to have America confront her surface ideology and yet remain true to the underlying values.

>Kinda like when Mockingbird showed up for a panel in Power Man & Iron Fist.

Tell me more

She was depicted as kind of uppity and incompetent and when Songbird complained about having to carry her Bobbi responded with "ARE YOU FAT SHAMING ME?"

I liked her with the Young Avengers, have her hang out with Loki and the rest again. Also move her from lesbian to bi

Have the entire run of her comic that Gabby Riveria was involved in explained like this:
it was told from the perspective of America Chavez, an anarchist who can't decide on what her origins. She really hates white people and is a villain who seeks to destroy society.

>tfw she shows up in agents of shield

ends up as a prostitute in venezuela

I gotta get an issue number for that, to check it out

she calls her clients Bruja's.

She was infected by an alien parasite from the future for months and that's why she was acting so bat shit insane?

Also the Parasite grows to full size with all of her powers.

The whole run is Mr. Sinister making her imagine the dumbest ways her life could turn out just for lulz.

She's the real teen Ms. America of earth 616, but she's also white, blonde, and straight so she might as well not exist.

I don't think that even Oblivion would want her in his realm.

This turning her into the real Miss America's, , arch-villain.

Incompetence is not a valid defense.

Raped to death by nazis

What are you doing, Space Ghost?

Double down on everything Gabby wrote, going full gonzo with the setting and characters. Lesbian space goddesses, evil robot doubles, crime fighting sorority dance teams, fangirl sidekick youth gang, preteen adjunct professors who might be supervillains in their home universe, magical luchadore grandmas, America being the shittiest girlfriend across several universes, all that stuff. Except actually well-written and with a sense of humor about it all.

Rivals, not opponents. Neither of them like each other one bit, but America has a thing for white, blonde Stacy-types that she tries to keep DL that makes all of their interactions turn out pretty awkward.

Because people who would use "latinx" in the first place don't actually speak spanish.

Damn, the more you write, the more this needs to be written by Ewing and drawn by Alphona.
Imagine this madness with all the shenanigans and weird-world logic of Alphona's Jersey, written to be distinctly in-character and full of obscure cameos.
Take my money!

>leaves others "literally intrigued and in awe"
Many keks

New ongoing written by neil giaman. Give her a vaguly similar arc as dream got but with a less litteral rebirth.

>Team America
Fuck yeah

Cancellation, obscurity and a new comic by the creators of the character that they actually own.

Obscurity hopefully.

Rivera's America is simply too straight-laced and direct. Because of that it's weirdness comes off as forced and tryhard, it's the epitome of "quirky" as a pejorative.

Hope Marvel kill her and make a legal document fully notarized by lawyers that aside she will stay dead, and no clones or alternate versions of her can appear on a comic ever again.

I wouldn't even say she seems quirky.
Rather she looks like a complete nincompoop in dialogue because she does not use simple affirmations but tumblresque replies as though she was writing it online where you would give a short thumbs-up type post.
It's not even vapid like overstated agreement as you see around LA society, but just someone so stupid they don't know people do not actually talk like that in person. Let alone in comics.
It also makes you feel constantly virtue-signalled at, which I find highly irritating.

She gets a wall built around her.

Deported

America would be good as part of a new Exiles/X-Treme X-Men type of team. Make it something like Doctor Who where any given issue could take place in any time, place, or universe.

MAGA

You don't need to declare it non-canon, you just never reference it. This has been the standard approach to dealing with bad runs for years.

Her "gimmick" should obviously be hopping through time, space, and dimensions, but Gabby Rivers isn't clever enough to come up with enough interesting settings and scenarios for something like that.

Young Avengers was way too sloppy to really make it work. The universe hopping shenanigans were always background noise to the nonsensical plot.

>Secret Warriors cartoon
If it's not about Fury's personal hit squad, I ain't interested. You can't remarket that brand name for a team aimed at children and keep Quake in charge.

Technically she's the second Ms. America and Chavez is the third, since she predates Chavez by a few years.

It was all a nightmare.