Who was in the wrong here?

Who was in the wrong here?
Also, Hey Arnold! thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=es8gNxXnpSA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Who was in the wrong here?

Helga expected too much from Arnold, but Arnold was a dick for being wilfully ignorant about Helga's feelings for him and not showing some gratitude towards her for single handedly getting him to San Lorenzo.

Both although probably moreso Arnold? Hard to say

Helga was wrong to throw that bomb at him all of a sudden and expect him to totally focus on that when it was clear he was mostly focused on finding his parents from the start

However, Arnold was kind of a dick for not really acknowledging her at all the whole time when she was pretty much THE reason he was able to get there in the first place

What irritates me is that Arnold knows Helga has strong feelings for him. It makes the entire thing seem quite contrived and needlessly frustrating.

Why does she look so much more attractive without the monobrow?
It just seems like one would see past that so easily.
Does anyone else feel this way?

>Why does she look so much more attractive without the monobrow?

Because cultural norms have encouraged us to believe that monobrows are unattractive.

Helga is not intended to be a bland, stupidly attractive character like something out of a crappy anime. Her appearance is stylised intentionally, befitting her crabby personality with a heart of gold underneath. It is a good device for the animators to emphasise her facial expressions and give off a brutal scowl at all times.

I mean like, yeah. I liked her already even with the brow, it showed her expressions a lot more easily for me when I was younger.
I just find it weird like... Woah, a little difference can make you feel so much different about a character, you know?

>Woah, a little difference can make you feel so much different about a character, you know?

It's because it is so intrinsic to her as a character. It's perfectly fitting to such an extent that without it she just doesn't seem as Helga-ish. The theme of her prickly, unkempt exterior being at odds with her more passionate, sensitive side that she tries to hide from everyone, is a massive part of why Helga is became popular and eventually seized main character status from Arnold himself.

The monobrow makes her forehead look bigger that already is and not in the inteligent way. More in the caveman way.

youtube.com/watch?v=es8gNxXnpSA

I hate that everytime Arnold's VA changed his personality always seemed to shift around. I enjoy about this episode was Arnold messing with Helga because he knew how she felt. Then by the movie he's back to the none-the-wiser.

Arnold
>He already thanked Helga for her help back in the city
>That video was a collaborative effort, not just Helga
>He's clearly more focused on his parents than on whatever Helga wants
>There really was a boat behind them, he didn't make that up just to get away from her
>Still, he acts like he doesn't know what she's talking about when he obviously does. It's like he wants to dodge out of answering. Dick move
Helga
>Doesn't really give a fuck about Arnold's parents at the start
>Thinks that her reward for getting Arnold to the jungle should be him loving her back
>In Arnold's Christmas and HA! The Movie she helped him out of the goodness in her heart, and gave up a lot. Here she's not doing that
>TL;DR: Helga believes she deserves Arnold now, and is expecting a "Yes" from him
>Picks a fucking awful time to demand an answer. Arnold is obviously thinking of something else
>She's understandably upset when she gets interrupted, and angry/sad when Arnold bails and doesn't answer.
>To her, it's as if Arnold answered "I don't give a shit about your feelings"
>Tearing up the locket was in the heat of the moment (ironically, kek)
>Helga only wins the Arnoldbowl for real after she helps him in much bigger ways without the ulterior motive of her feelings being requited, risks her life, and exposes her locket to fulfill Arnold's lifelong dream
It's how I interpret it. I appreciate Craig making me read between the lines, I guess

So, uh... how wasn't Arnold sporting at least a half chub the entire time he and Helga were wandering the sweaty jungle with her big ol tiddies in just a moist white tshirt? He's certainly at that age.

Like 90% of HA! teenager fanfics have Arnold be the virgin prude.
If anything, it's the storyboarders that jerked it to Helga. Pic very related. That's no animation error

90% of HA! fans still virgin...

For the sake of the new kids watching, they had to reboot Arnold. If TJM had been made when it should have been I have no doubt it'd be different. I know Arnold's confession was different, because Craig had said in interviews it was when they were 'lost' and under 'duress'. If I had to guess, it probably was on the broken bridge and instead of Eduardo saving them, it was Gerald.

Both but for reasons none of them could really control

Arnold was busy trying to find his parents and didn't to give his answer right away because he was in a wreck as it was.

Helga had told him her feelings before and was obviously frustrated with his lack of any response. It was just not at the right time.

This. Was kind of surprised when the Jungle Movie showed that nothing came out of that scene from the first movie.

user, you've seen Tumblr.
You've seen Reddit.
You've seen society.
You should know the male is ALWAYS wrong, just because he is male.

Hard to say user. There is a piece of concept art that shows Lasombra hanging from the bridge, with Arnold, Helga, and Gerald above

Also, I think the contest was genuine, not a trap. Arnold won it and chose to go to San Lorenzo. Everyone getting mad at him would be a lot more justified then. Though it still leaves the question of how Lasombra found out and posed as Eduardo if he didn't set it up

bump

Bangs a fucking cute. Rolling for bangs.

Rolling for braids

Choose your Helga.

Roll

rolling

oh lol the hair even suits

>asks for pompadour
>gets pompadour

Magic.