List of things banned from Marvels new Official Fanfic App

>“Content that could frighten or upset young children or the parents of young children.”
>Prescription drugs or over-the-counter medication, vitamins, and dietary supplements.
>Contraceptives
>“Suggestive or revealing images,” including “bare midriffs”
>“Sensationalism,” which is not defined but elucidated with the examples “killer bees, gossip, aliens, scandal, etc.”
>“Obscenity, bad or offensive language” or “proxies for bad or offensive language.” E.g. no “X@#%!”
>“Noises related to bodily functions.”
>No politics, including “alternative lifestyle advocacies”
>Death
>“Misleading language”
>“A copy or parody of current or past Marvel advertising creative”
>Any “controversial topics,” including “social issues”
>Double entendres
>Any amusement parks that aren’t Disney amusement parks
>Any movie studios that aren’t “affiliated with Marvel”
>Guns

Other urls found in this thread:

comiclists.wordpress.com/2013/06/27/making-the-grade-rules-imposed-on-the-1994-spider-man-cartoon-by-fox-censors/
youtube.com/watch?v=tmxfZGkfByE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you could find half of this shit in their own comics

Love how they don't want people to bring in politics and yet their comics are full of leftie propaganda.

Also
>no guns

>>“A copy or parody of current or past Marvel advertising creative”

>guns
But Frank is there on the cover?

punisher looks like mike stoklasa

WHATS THIS? A CREATE YOUR OWN MARVEL COMIC WOEFULLY UNDERPOPULATED BY BEES?!

Reminds me of the crazy restrictions that Fox put on the 90s Spider-Man cartoon.
comiclists.wordpress.com/2013/06/27/making-the-grade-rules-imposed-on-the-1994-spider-man-cartoon-by-fox-censors/

That's right Jay.

>leftism
>in America
>by an American corporation

Jesus Christ, Sup Forums, it's like you're still in the Cold War and everyone is your enemy.

>fanfics
>Marvel

What the hell CAN you write about then?

Spider-Man and Elsa adventures.

I wish the editors at Marvel put half of these guidelines on the writers more often

Not allowed:
>“Sensationalism,” which is not defined but elucidated with the examples “killer bees, gossip, aliens, scandal, etc.”

I guess they can beat the inoffensive villains with family friendly knock knock jokes or something.

>tfw I can't make The Sensational Spider-Man

>Marvel's new app
>banlist basically boils down to: no Marvel media alowed

Why not? Doomsday Clock is pretty popular and that’s nothing but bad fan fiction

So basically
>Fuck Venom
>Fuck Deadpool
>Fuck Moon Knight
>Fuck Cable
>Fuck Carnage
>Fuck Frank
Those are a good chunk of my favorites, Marvel needs to be hit with a broom.

>bees
>my god

>bare midriffs

Spider-man eats a yummy cake and then rides a roller coaster!

>the Mouse continues to blight everything it touches, rendering it sterilized, mass-marketable and utterly bland

Is anyone actually surprised?

I don't get the bees thing, can someone explain?

Wu-Tang killa bees

we are the swarm

>Guns

how do I write my War Machine/Iron Man gay fanfiction then

No one farts in the Marvel universe.

Holy fucking cringe.

This is one of those things that is so culturally bizarre, considering any of those things taboo never mind clustering them together, that you can just tell it's a China thing.

>They didn't say "No Body Inflation"

Make them do combat with bottles of mustard

>killer bees

they literally exist though

it's not a fucking "conspiracy theory"

why not just ban references to roads since those can be dangerous, too

you're cringe since you think everything revolves around internet identity politics like your anime website tells you when Disney is like a caricature of real world right wing policies run amok

>Politics not allowed

based

Much of the current censorship of western media is likely being influenced by china.

tfw can't use the swarm

Disney is the single most leftwing corporation in existence

I think in this context they're referring to Alex Jones nutjobs who think the killer bees are coming to get us and the chemicals in the jet fuel are turning the steel beams gay

That's one of those things that really confuses me. Like, looking at the phrase "Senstationalism" and then seeing "Killer Bees, Gossip, Aliens, and Scandal" just....doesn't seem like it's a definition at all!

Super friends allowed for more risque material.

>>“Suggestive or revealing images,” including “bare midriffs”

Like I said, Marvel comics is dead

>Censorship
>Good

Da, comrade?

>assblasted about Marvel taking his fapbait away
Pathetic

user, "aliens" aren't even allowed. Meaning half the Guardians aren't allowed.

Buzz buzz, nigga.

Someone get Chris Claremont on the phone, and tell him to write a story that fits all these criteria while still going full Claremont. He'll know what we're talking about.

>not assbalsted about Marvel taking his fapbait away
u a gay fag? lmao

So back in the '50s, some scientists were trying to create a hybrid breed of bees that would be more efficient at making honey en mass. These genetically engineered bees ended up being stronger, faster, significantly more poisonous, harder to kill, super defensive of their hives, and prone to joining up into massive swarms which, if someone were caught in the middle of, could result in lethal doses of poison from the stings. As such, the "killer bee" was born. A deadly genetically engineered super bee. The scientists deemed the expirement a failure as a result and tried to kill them off... unfortunately, the bees ended up escaping before they could all be killed off. Since then, they've been getting larger and larger populations as they spread, breed with other types of bees, and generally just propagate their species beyond the point where the mistake of creating these super-bees could be reversed.

Since then, tabloids and pre-internet clickbait equivalents had a tendency to use the existence of Killer Bees to fear monger since intentionally creating paranoia, fear, and mass panic about them via sensationalist reporting would drive sales. Take something scary but not necessarily a present danger, try and make people think that it's actually a horrible danger that could strike at any moment, and reap the benefits of a terrified populace. This became a pretty big problem in the 90s where tabloids would essentially try and convince people that these swarms of killer bees were roaming America, killing everyone in their paths.

Obviously, while killer bees are more dangerous than any other type of bee, there are not THAT many of them, and they only attack people that get near their hive, and it's not like ONE killer bee is going to kill you unless you're allergic to bees.

To that end, I guess the idea here would be that using Killer Bees in comics would basically be like 80s/90s style Killer Bee Fear Mongering.

Is this like that anti bully comic maker thing?

Yes.

>including “social issues''no politics, including “alternative lifestyle advocacies
this cant be the real marvel

who the fuck is going to use this when people can just use ao3 to make their Cable/Loki mpreg coffeeshop leukemia au bullshit

I mean, killer bees are like weaponized-pestilence gone rogue. Each individual queen can have thousands of bees protecting her, and they attack ANYTHING that gets anywhere near her. Anytime a killer bee hive pops up in an area in the amazon rainforest, pretty much every living thing in the area gets fucking annihilated. I get not wanting to spread mass panic, but killer bees are the ultimate example of why man shouldn't play god. They tried to make a more "efficient" bee and the end result was a breed of bee that could render countless species extinct.

And it's not even as simple as just running away from them. Once a killer bee has decided it will sting something, it will NEVER stop until it does. There are cases of killer bees tracking their victims over a mile. We created them and we have literally no way of stopping them.

>Disney purchaes the edgier of the Big Two.
>Completely cuts off it's balls to cater to its new audience.
Damn you Mickey!

Blatant reverse psychology? So many pink elephants.

So no return of the Giant-Sized Man-Thing?

>No source
Okay. Even then, there's basically nothing you can do with this.

Is it fucking 2009 again?

What noise would the mustard make? You can’t have “splorch”, because that sounds like a body fluid.

So, they want this

he cant ride a rollercoaster that isn't disney approved

Is there a source for this?

>corporation
>leftwing
Ever heard of LARPing and brownie points user? Most of your historical idols were great at that type of stuff.

does anyone know when it actually comes out

>mustard
>not mayonnaise

mayonnaise is also banned

I think the point is to try to demonstrate that the fans can't do better than professional writers.

Not with such restrictions they can't. i'll stick to making my own books.

>Double entendres
>Guns
>“bare midriffs”
Jesus fuck, this completely rules out Deadpool if they can't have any guns or fart jokes.

I don't have a reaction image worthy of a post this dumb

You just have to make a Gwen/deadpool comic about him/her complaining about the regulations.

No amazonian women though. Amazonian hate men and that's too political.

>they didn't ban diapers

>Sensationalism
>killer bees

>have fun
>actually we banned fun too

Source?

Contraceptives pr gay marriage aren't "social issues" they are human issues. Anyone that hates contraceptives or gay marriage doesn't read comics anyway because they are afraid of going to hell.

Kek

Yea they are social issues, if your'e gay wear a jimmy hat and don't complain about it.

Gay marriage is also fucked unless you have protections of religious freedoms.

What if they're not killer bees but bees of a kinder disposition?

So basically this?

youtube.com/watch?v=tmxfZGkfByE

>A bunch of anons get butthurt because Marvel has their number.

Where you guys see censorship all I'm seeing is a gauntlet being thrown down. These restrictions just eliminate the low hanging fruit and lowest common denominator trash memes.
Rise to the challenge for once.

>nothing about frogs
Here's an idea. Wojak comics with Frog Man and Moon Knight.

Throg.

This. I always viewed this stuff as the best way to rule out Robot Chicken shitters.

OH WOW

holy cow that's a lot of limitations. Isn't the point of fanfic the crazy bullshit people come up with?

>>“Suggestive or revealing images,” including “bare midriffs”
>>“bare midriffs”

is this an App for the middle east?

>>“Content that could frighten or upset young children or the parents of young children.”

I would give up
>“Suggestive or revealing images,” including “bare midriffs”
if they would give up
>No politics, including “alternative lifestyle advocacies”

I don't mind superheroes being dressed for winter as long as they aren't advocating for faggot shit to be normalized.

>Prescription drugs or over-the-counter medication, vitamins, and dietary supplements.
But illeagal substabces are fine then?

>Sensationalism,” which is not defined but elucidated with the examples “killer bees, gossip, aliens, scandal, etc.”
jesus christ capes are LITERALLY all this

>Marvel managing to piss off both it's tumblr and Sup Forums fans at once....again.

What is this like, the fourth time this year?

Where other anons see anons I see shills.