I heard that Gwenpool is getting "canceled" because its a 25 issue series...

I heard that Gwenpool is getting "canceled" because its a 25 issue series. Does that mean there will be more in the future?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/drhastings/status/943192459307347968
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>will
You can never be sure.
But it is entirely possible for a new "Gwenpool" ongoing to be published after this initial series ends. In fact, it's a common tactic by Marvel to end a series, then begin it again from #1 under a different title, despite the resulting story essentially being a direct follow-up from the previous book as though it had never ended at all.

It might, it might not. It could always get relaunched or get a sequel series if there's enough post-cancellation support from trades or some such, but as far as we know, #25 will be the final issue.

Of course Gwen will return, she has to damnit

>waifufags

She'll return alright.
She'll show up as a background character in an event comic written by a hack, and she'll be arbitrarily killed off for a false sense of impact.

Ah, comic books

Ah great to here this user it's reassuring there's hope for America too!

>there's hope for America too!
Not really. I mean, the character, sure. I doubt she's going anywhere. But Rivera has already confirmed that she's done with the comics industry and is fucking off back to YA novels, so if there were to be another America ongoing, it wouldn't be written by her.

Hastings is still a comics writer first and foremost. GuriHiru are still comic artists first and foremost. If they wanted to bring both of them back to do another Gwenpool series, or a special of some sort, it's totally doable.

I foresee Gwenpool killed off, off panel, in a very anticlimactic way

I feel like she will end like Superboy Prime since she is his Marvel counterpart.

>inb4 she gets a different writer and artist and her personality gets changed completely and her m.o.d.o.k crew never shows up

She's dead mate
twitter.com/drhastings/status/943192459307347968

HAAHAHAHAHA SHES DONE!? OH MY GOD HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAH OH THANK THE LORD. THANK YOU JESUS. THANK YOU SO KINDLY. THANK YOU JESUS. THANK YOU.

HOLY SHIT. THANK THE FUCKING LORD. STAY IN MEDIOCRITY WHERE YOU FUCKING BELONG!

Considering how she is still used vor advertisement, she is anything but dead.
She may "just" have no main series anymore, but can still pop up in other stories.

I think Gwen is better off ending here, and I love the book.

Having her written by anyone other than Ryan and drawn without gurihiru would feel so damn wrong.

I kinda wished ShindoL wrote Gwenpool.
It would be so /lit/

it means they don't want to admit she's a shit but need to get rid of her for being a shit

>I heard that Gwenpool is getting "canceled" because its a 25 issue series
It's getting cancelled along with America because the sales aren't high enough for them to keep it going.

>Does that mean there will be more in the future?
Potentially, but it's more likely she'll be put into a team to test waters, and if interest in the character doesn't wane, then they'll reboot at #1.

Who the fuck is Ryan? You mean Christopher Hastings?

To be fair she has died in two events already venom-verse and Deadpool Vs MU

oh man, I mixed up ryan north and christopher hastings

how did i do that

>Having her written by anyone other than Ryan and drawn without gurihiru would feel so damn wrong.
this desu. they really *make* this comic what it is

plus it's a fucking meta comic and having gwen suddenly written by someone who isn't her creator in her main book would be terrifying

I'm not angry user, just disappointed.
Both are webcomic creators making Marvel comics, so yeah it's understandable. Ryan North does Squirrel Girl though

tfw you have a mental breakdown because you realize your writer has changed and now you're no longer sure you're the same person.

Is it that she's aware that she's in a comic, or that she knows that she's in 616 Marvel?

Both. She believes she's an IRL person who got transported to Marvel's 616. So she was using her knowledge of Marvel (she knows all about most characters) and abusing comic book logic (e.g. asking a background character's name, so the background character became a minor character and was less likely to die during an action scene)

Things are a bit less certain now, but she's pushed that abuse to where she's actively manipulating the comic itself. Moving inbetween panels and shit. Problem is she's discovered that she's running out of pages - her comic is being cancelled.

I wanted Gwenpool to go full Superboy Prime towards the end and I am genuinely disappointed that it's ending this way.

>Wanting more writers to butcher Gwen's character
user, you're disappointing me

>Instead of screaming "THEY'RE RUINING IT" she screams "THEY'VE ALREADY RUINED IT"

Maybe Sara gets a place in the supporting cast of Dr Strange.
Tony would be Ironman or Spiderman.

Jeez i hope so

Expect a new Gwenpool #1 in a month or two. In this case? Marvel's shitty business tactic will come in handy.

i hope so, she's a fun character.

>ditching the beard
What are you? gay?

She already did, user. Nega Gwen made Eternity join Hydra. Somehow.

Bump

Gwenpool is Christmas cake... nobody wants her after the 25th :P

maybe. I dunno if I'll want to read it if they switch writers and artists. Outside of her solo, she's like a totally different character, and considerably less tolerable to read.

>Nega Gwen made Eternity join Hydra. Somehow.

I'm glad that this shit show is over, not even Bendis is that bad

>being triggered by a joke