TTG gets a movie instead of a fucking lore-heavy steven universe movie

>TTG gets a movie instead of a fucking lore-heavy steven universe movie
It's not fucking fair. Why is CN so dogshit?

but the lore it is bad

If rumors are to be believed, Steven Universe is getting a full hour and a half movie, actually.

Reportedly that's why the schedule has been so god damn fucked, they've been focusing on the movie.

>wanting a movie event of stevens shit series
i would rather have Unikitty

Oh wow I bet this thread is going to be full of great and productive discussion about each respective show's strengths and weaknesses

A OK KO or Clarence would be a better movie than SU.

>SU gets a feature length movie
>It'd reach an anticlimactic resolution 15 minutes in and then an hour and a half of townie non issues.

CRYING
SINGING

>SU gets a movie
>its 90 minute filler episode

Don't off yourself, partake in the fun of the "Sup Forums Mentions Tumblr" drinking game!

>86 minutes of Sadie setting up the donut shop
>4 minutes of credits

Nah, it would be 99.99% about townies daily lives, and then at the very end a gem ship would land on the beach and the movie would end.

TTG can stay on model.

Also, SU's lore is terrible because it can't decide if it wants to be a show for children or young adults, it's the same sort of bullshit that derailed harry potter.

>derailed harry potte
Don't have knowledge about the series, but what?

>sufags are stupid and gullible enough to think fake leaks posted on Sup Forums by an user without any proof or reason to be believed are real
lmao

>die of alcohol poisoning
what's the difference?

>steven universe movie

Because if there's anything better than 11 minutes of doing jack shit and dicking around with boring-ass townies, it's fucking 90 minutes of doing jack shit and dicking around with boring-ass townies.

Around the third or fourth book, the Harry Potter franchise started acting like a young adult novel rather than a children's chapter book. But the setting is primarily designed to be a children's novel, so as a result there's a fuck-ton of inconsistencies that derail the plot. Pic related covers some of them.

The point I'm making is that Steven Universe can't decide if it wants to be a serious and mature series for grown-ups or a silly show for kids.

>what if Steven Universe got a movie?

Chocolate or beef?

Why didn't Voldemort horcrux the Pioneer Plaque

>my cartoon has LORE
>therefore it deserves a movie

because sjw universe is bad & you should feel bad

Exactly! Like, there's zero interaction with the muggle world at all even though by and large muggle technology could seriously impact events. The barrier between the two works in a children's story, but when you want to be mature, you have to have some degree of real-world logic.

The schedule is fucked because the crewniverse literally stopped working on the show for seven months after season five was finished getting boarded. Outside of the voiceacting and music, production of the show ended around March, and a lot of crew members have been fucking off and doing freelance work since then because they're either bored or not getting paid.

Storyboarders have only just recently gone back to work, presumably to start season six, going off of private messages and their tweets. One of the current storyboard revisionists says she still hasn't gotten to go back to work yet.

Nobody has confirmed what caused the huge production hiatus but my guess is that CN was on the verge of capping SU at season five since Sugar herself said that season five had the potential to be endgame a year or so ago.

Steven Universe fucking sucks, what we really need is a Gumball movie

You know damn well it wouldn't have had lore.

>Lore-heavy

TTG is WB's baby
they won't say no to higher ups

choco fountain that got seized because water inside

>animeposter
>having weight in any discussion

I wouldn't really call myself a big Harry Potter fan but even I could answer most of those

>sufag thinking his shitshow is better than the better executed anime it tries to rip off of

>the board at the bottom of the food chain
>pretending to be better than anyone
The absolute state of Sup Forumsmblr

Then do it, because most fans I've encountered can't seem to do so.

Steven Universe could never have a theatrical film. There's too much lore for anybody who hasn't watched the show to understand, parents taking there kids to see it would think the whole thing is gibberish

If FiM can have two theatrical movies SU can too

honestly steven universe isn't worth having a movie.
for the network yeah, but not theaters

>tfw ttg movie will be better than anything SU could put out moviewise
its not fair

Why didn't any muggleborn adults tell wizards how any muggle stuff worked?

Did they just think it was funny?

Good thing they won't focus on any of it then, in favor of random bullshit in beach city

ack

1. truth potions are unreliable in court, like truth detectors. Maybe they'd use it in uncertain cases but everyone was certain of Sirius' guilt.
2. that curse was specifically very potent because of Voldemort's grudge at not being given the position.
3. I can agree with this. Wizarding World is fucked. There won't be anyone else like Voldemort though.
4. Time Turners are bullshit, but it can only be used to go back 5hrs and using it to change major events can apparently cause great harm. They gave one to Hermione because she was using it for inconsequential shit and she's a special case. JK realized how retarded they are and destroyed them all in the 5th book.
5. he probably did know about the map. In a giant school he can't stop all the bullying, especially 'cus 1/4th of the school (Slytherins) are dicks. Doubt he'd care that much. Dumbledore IS an asshole. Their House Cup shit just fuels the rivalry.
6. because people living in muggle places aren't allowed, and it only makes it fair if no one can. Or idk it's just safer? They can't use magic and set fire to their house. Like how you can't drive until you're competent / old enough.
7. different place. That's only one year younger than when you're a legal adult where I live.
8. don't kids go to regular school for like 5 years before Hogwarts? That might be enough for most wizards. Muggle Studies will teach those that want to take a career that needs math more regularly probably. Who the fuck even cares tho?
9. Ollivander knew and thought it was very odd, but who would he tell? Why would he tell them? He got no friends. It's an interesting tidbit but I don't see why he'd go out of the way to tell anyone. iirc Dumbledore knew though.
10. this is retarded
11. idfk who cares, there's a thousand possible reasons why he wouldn't want to spread that secret.
12. wizard government is a dick. Only the worst criminals get that treatment and it's outlawed after the series.

but what about the goo? Seriously I don't even remember what goo they're talking about.

I have no idea what they're talking about there so skipped it

It's chili.

This board is the weakest one in this site, learn your place.

Fim knows how to develop a compeling story though

Not even joking, FiM is a lot better at constructing a narrative than SU

Because you are a giant faggot and so is the rest of the SU fandom.

>it's live-action
>literally just a hidden camera footage of one woman who looks like Sadie doing her job selling donuts at whatever donut shop it is, with no logos present or noticeable
>at least 90 minutes

>SU movie
>They just tie together 3 different S6 episodes
>All different storyboarders
>All SoL with a loose "theme"
>At the end Yellow Diamond commands two Jaspers to go see what's up with Earth and then it ends, cliffhanger ending
>S6 starts up and halfway through, there's an episode that's just the Jaspers packing up and getting ready to leave, but they never actually board a ship.

Neither does TTG, yet here we are.

The bombs are already basically movies anyway. We get nothing BUT fucking "movies", there's no actual show released on a regular schedule.

I'm still sad the AT movie will never get made

Because Steven Garbage IS dogshit.

I don't know if relized this yet but you're in a board about Comics and cartoons and it's a SU thread.

>SU gets a movie
>it's literally pic related but with beach city townies

I would watch it, desu.

Both of those shows are equally shit. Bite a bullet.

MLP the movie actually came out in theaters, sit down. Let's see if SU even lasts seven years before talking about a movie, chump.

>SU gets a feature length movie
>No Homeworld Gem is mentioned
>It's about Steven and the Townies saving Beach City from an evil land developer who looks like Trump

The land developer is revealed to be Senator Armstrong, he kills all the main characters and becomes a series regular from then on.

>n-not my Tumblr Universe

TTG is for kids
it's more popular and more profitable
SU is for fat liberal adult babies

LETTING THE DAY GOES BY
LET THE WATER HOLD ME DOWN

Senator Armstrong is legit one of the best and most relatable video game villains of the 2010's

You sound like the asshole who made this shitty meme

I could talk for about 10 minutes about all the good things in Steven Universe
10 hours for everything wrong with it.

>TTG goes out with a movie, after 5 full seasons.
>TT gets cancelled at season 2.
Really makes you think.

Do we really need a whole movie full of inconsistent heights?

We had Cliffhanger and The Avengers. Get it? Because RDJ is short.

>chili fountain
I...I kinda want this.

>gets
SU probably didn’t pitch something like that
It’s very clear that SU has a specific storyline and plot, whether or not that involves a movie is up to the creators
TTG however is a fluid, gag-a-day show where nothing really carries over unless it’s another joke. They could have a movie, miniseries, or 5 part cluster special. It doesn’t matter because writers come up with stuff and then pitch it when they think of it, instead of outlining everything in advance

If you want to blame anyone, blame sugar

>JK realized how retarded they are and destroyed them all in the 5th book.
that actually made the whole thing worse

>its 90 minute filler episode
>30 minutes of pure Ronaldo
>30 minutes of Lapis living for months in space, where she gets bored and fusion rapes a Ruby
>30 minutes of rape allegories with Kevin and a PSA from Lapis

No, the film content will cut out 30 minutes in, leaving the audience to stare at a blank screen for a full hour before it picks up where it left off, only to hastily resolve the plot in its final 10 minutes.

You're right, that TTG fan base is always running around shitting up threads.

SU needs to go the way of the horse on Sup Forums, it's just drama 25/8.

>SU Lore

You mean the shit not stolen from anime?

>Good but excessivly spammed show gets movie
>shitty albiet once promising but rarely shown show does not

It both makes sense and is a good thing.

A lore heavy movie wouldn't help the show if the writers are still determined to keep the status quo. It'd be a drip feed of lore that rubberbands back to Beach City, just like all the 50ish minute "lore heavy" bombs we've already gotten. The show is fundamentally about Steven's meandering life on the beach, and if that hasn't changed five seasons in it probably never will.

>does hogwarts have none magical classes
No. The entire fucking point is that wizard society can't keep up with the outside world because they are too focused on their magic.

I want it too so critics can properly savage it.

>gets bored and fusion rapes a Ruby
I would watch that episode.

>it's a 90 minute movie tgat could have been solved in 3 if the gems didn't forget what powers they had half the time and Steven wasn't retarded and didn't ask questions

I think the part of that image that bothers me the most is the age of majority thing like whoever wrote it doesn't undsrstand that 18 is a dumbass too high number.

It's absolutely all steven universe has going for it now but some people just can't let go of the show.

>posts shit shiit and shitty

I don't think the wizards really want to know.

Both true although I feel like steven universe contradicts prior lore less often.

>inb4 steven universe gets rebooted after season 9 like fim is getting

Fim got better as it went on.
Steven universe got worse as it went on.

I fucking despise these pig noses. I'd rather have the nonexistent anime dots than this ugly shit.

this is because TTG is fun and the kids love, SU only succeeds in kisscartoon and Tumblr, and SU lore sucks

the writer can not make or 5 episodes without being shit, and they have a lot of time with that shit bomb, imagine them dividing between a movie and episodes

A "lore-heavy" Steven Universe movie would be an hour and a half of faffing about with townie bullshit and like 20 minutes of Steven forgiving some genocidal space rock, and you know it.

>muh lore
Sufags are pathetic

Well, another thing we can make bets on then. What gets earlier a releasE?

KH3
Halo 3
Steven Universe, the movie.

>Halo 3 released ten years ago
>KH3 set for 2018
>SU movie hasn't even been announced

Gee I wonder.

You had your chance and you guys blew it on Townie shit.
If i wanted a campy cartoon about a kids normal and fun life id watch Clarence!

Problem is that ewhen people try to apply real-life logic to question a supposed plot hole in the story, they do so under the assumption that real life always makes sense.

Like the first one: "Why wasn't Sirius interrogated under truth serum?" Gee, I dunno. Why was OJ Simpson let go after he couldn't put on a glove?

No, that's your waifu.