Are the Oscars prejudiced against Japan?

Are the Oscars prejudiced against Japan?

Other urls found in this thread:

cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/proof-that-oscar-voters-are-clueless-about-animation-109456.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They are prejudiced against everything not made by Disney

I hope so.

>Unique movie made from legos and Cgi

>ANIMAY

So what is the second one supposed to be?

>Oscars

Old people don't give a shit about animation which is why they usually abstain from voting in the category. The ones who do vote will either choose the one with most exposure or the one they took their grandkids to see so Disney/Pixar wins every year now.

Your Name was shit anyway.

It’s prejudiced against animation in general.

Why this board keeps discussing a category the academy admittedly doesn’t give a shit about is beyond me.

>2016+1
>still complaining shit high school animu film wasn't nominated

Zootopia was better get over it

I don't know how they managed to render the best smartphone I've ever seen along with designing the blandest main characters I've ever seen.

They are, but it's not like anyone here takes the oscars seriously.

This, I can't see how anyone could take any Academy Award seriously, let alone Best Animated Feature

Some people do, more than they would care to admit.

Yes, and animation in general
Here's an article discussing the animation side of the oscars, where one of the voters called Song of the Sea and Princess Kaguya "Chinese crap", and showed that most of them didn't even watch all of the nominated films.

cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/proof-that-oscar-voters-are-clueless-about-animation-109456.html

What's going to be nominated this year?
Captain Underpants? Boss Baby? Cars 3? Rock Dog? Nut job 2? Emoji movie?

So much quality movies this year!

oscars are irrelevant garbage, stop watching it and stop even talking about it and maybe they'll go away

>thinking Oscars would be retatrded enough to nominate Emoji Movie

If they didn't even nominate LEGO Movie, what makes you think they'll nominate Emoji Movie?

The Oscars are just there to promote the big studios. That's why they were invented.

Caring about them is about as stupid as caring what IGN thinks about video games

Your name was sentimental shit without any kind of sense or substance behind it. It's so bad the director actually asked people not to watch it.

>anime that actually won an oscar
>looks more western than anything

Makes you think huh?

Captain Underpants fucking destroys every other one of those movies

Lego Batman will probably get the award; there really weren't that many good ones this year

>Grouping 3D and 2D unde rthe same category
said it once, said it a hundred times
FUCKING
RETARDED

They nominated Shark Tale of all movies.

That one where they fall in lub after switching bodies I think.

Uh, Coco?

Spirited Away won one. Being a family movie is probably the most important thing.

Not true!
They're also to make injokes about how all of them are whores.

>Your Name
>No one ever looks at a calendar for the entire movie

Weebs like garbage movies

>Being a family movie is probably the most important thing.
Then why did this get a nomination?

Christ, what a joke.