In 2013, Craig McCracken's third and most underrated cartoon, Wander Over Yonder premieres

>In 2013, Craig McCracken's third and most underrated cartoon, Wander Over Yonder premieres
>Due to Disney Channel becoming autistic and focusing solely on little girls in 2014, all of the good cartoons were moved to XD along with Wander.
>This caused the ratings to take a MASSIVE blow with typically 200-400K viewers per episode
>This was when vieweship on television mattered
>Disney, unsatisfied with Wander's ratings during the first season, cancels it before Season 2 premieres
>The series is still pretty underrated 2 years into its run, so there's no going back.
>The series finally gains momentum in popularity in early 2016 when My Fair Hatey premiered
>But it was already too late, Craig announced publicly the show had been cancelled.
>Airs the final episodes in mid-2016 with mediocre ratings
>Series barely gets reruns

Let's face the music guys, it's never coming back. I know people are hopeful with Samurai Jack, Hey Arnold, ZIM and DuckTales returning, but the thing is, is that these shows were actually really popular and did pretty well with either ratings, merchandise or both. They also had pretty good fanbases.
They were brought back because they had a chance to make money.

Wander still isn't that popular nearly 2 years after the last episode and it never got merchandise. It's gone forever boys.

Also, Wander thread I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qLE08EueTKI
youtube.com/watch?v=xdEo_t-iVbM
youtube.com/watch?v=W2TE0DjdNqI&t=54s
youtube.com/watch?v=wUo5nG_LtJY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's worse is that the most people seem to really care about from this show is a shit-tier waifu.

This show deserved better. Craig deserved better.

It will always live on in my heart.

Man OP is a real ray of positivity today, holy shit

I'm just telling the truth, which is Disney doesn't give a flying shit about this show anymore and never will.

Never say never, it’s gonna come back someday guys, r-right...?

nope
youtube.com/watch?v=qLE08EueTKI

>Let's face the music guys, it's never coming back
Did you guys seriously think it would, at this point?

No, but there's still fans out there who are still hopeful the series is coming back.

Now now, user. I started watching it FOR said shit tier waifu, but found the whole extremely enjoyable without her. To use a metaphor, Dominator was merely the bright petals attracting to the nectar within.

What you did personally doesn't account for everyone else.

I started watching it after Gravity Falls ended so I could have it fill the void it left.
I ended up loving this series more than Gravity Falls, so it was pretty devastating when news broke out it was canned.

Damn it...

dito
youtube.com/watch?v=xdEo_t-iVbM

Actually this is exactly how I felt too desu

I fucking found the show and started watching due to Dominator's scenes but fucking glued and stayed to due to motherfucking Hater.

Wander Over Yonder was never good. Fight me

According to one of the shows story editors, it was cancelled because the reruns got better views than the episode premiers so Disney decided that they could keep on racking in the views with two seasons worth of episodes. Then again, he also said this on his tumblr so I don't know if we can trust his opinion. Actually, Frank has a lot of possible hints for what season 3 could be on his tumblr.

I honestly just wanna see season 3 because it'll focus on Wander more, and he's admittedly my favorite, although I know that Hater's the best character. I wanna see him suffer like in

>tfw you will never have a third season where Hater keeps Dominator hostage aboard the Skullship
>tfw you will never watch two perpetually raging manchildren force themselves to tolerate each other's presence and initially engage in near-constant infighting before leveling out, becoming something vaguely resembling friends and making life generally worse for everyone around them

thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=W2TE0DjdNqI&t=54s

It wouldn't work out. Hater wants to conquer while Dominator wants to destroy.

>implying

>What's worse is that the most people seem to really care about from this show is a shit-tier waifu.
It's not my fault the only good thing about it was Dominator. This show is definitely overrated here.

Hold on, let me fix this

>Wander: votes for some third party that nobody cares about
>Sylvia: Trump
>Peepers: Lord Hater
>Hater: Drops in from orbit every time a debate occurs to give a speech about how awesome he is and how he will bring humanity to an age of complete intergalactic conquest (written by Peepers), ends up winning the presidency through write-ins alone
>Dominator: Uses her bots to systematically assassinate every single relevant politician before taking control of the planet and turning Earth into a hellhole dedicating to doing absolutely nothing besides producing entertainment that she'll find enjoyable

>This show is definitely overrated here.
it never had enough people discussing it to be overrated, so you're pretty much saying anyone thinking of the series is too good for it

>Cancels series because it does better in reruns
>Never reruns it

Bullshit excuse.

That's your opinion and that's okay. I can see why it would turn people off.

>still haven't watched the second season
I know it's stupid but all that talk of it going full lore turned me off. The first season has a lot of mediocrity but also a lot of cartoony brilliance. How "serious" does it get?

Not very, not even close to SU levels. It still has plenty of cartoony moments. It replaces a lot of the mediocrity with story and more fun stuff in my opinion.

>implying that Hater and Dominator wouldn't have a moderately good chance of becoming (albeit dysfunctional) friends, given that they're essentially the exact same person with a few minor changes
>implying that Hater wouldn't show Dominator that you can have fun in a myriad of both harmless and inhuman, ethically corrupt ways that don't involve planetary destruction
>implying that there wouldn't be some planetary destruction down the line anyway

How come at the time of the election cartoon crew members kept mixing their series in with the political discussion just to shit on trump? I don't have a stance but at face value that shit was getting old. It happened with RS too but I can't find the picture.

>Dominator shows up
>attracts waifufags
>I'm the Bad Guy goes viral
>brings a ton of people into the show
>gets cancelled immediately afterwards

I saw that shit live, and it was painful. Disney fucked up hard on not capitalizing on the sudden momentum.

I mean, Wander is pretty cute.

Jokes on you I was jerking it to Wander from season 1 and couldn't give less of a shit when Dominator showed up.

source?

I just found it on the rule 34 website on the Wander tag. Should be in the first page of results.

My homo sapien of fair taste

It still hurts.

Is that gif from The Flower or The Void?

It's from the episode where Lord Hater was drugged, when they're hugging

You're one of the good ones, user.

God that's one of my all time favorites. Perfect mix of comedy and feels.

The part where Lord Hater ran back to the ship crying was weird because it was both funny and depressing as shit desu

They played that shit for laughs but it genuinely hurt when he tripped and started crying even harder.

He could've had it worse.

If the Wander and Harvey fans teamed up would it at least be enough to make the networks even consider making a third season for them?

Also, fun fact, Craig's bosses actually really liked his ideas for S3 and wanted a third season, and it was probably just some assholes super high up who decided not to renew it.

Third season? There was a period of time during which we thought that the final episodes of HB might not even get aired. After going through that, we're lucky to simply get what was made.

Funny though, that in both situations there seems to be a big disconnect between the studio and the network. Greenblatt loved working for the studio, but all his crew's work was pissed away by terrible scheduling.

I want to beat the shit out of wander and make him cry

>t. Lord Dominator

I want to watch

>t. Lord Hater

I want to fucking kill you, you asshat

If you raped Wander would he still try to be your friend?

Ducktales fucking sucks tho
That's some supreme autism if you thinks it's even mildly entertaining

Never hurts to rape.

Wrong thread?

It'd end with him fucking you in the ass while playing a happy song on the banjo, then departing with a friendly "You're welcome!", leaving you unable to walk straight for at least eleven minutes.

If I correctly extrapolated from Wander's usual plot armor levels, that is.

>people are hopeful with Samurai Jack, Hey Arnold, ZIM and DuckTales returning, but the thing is, is that these shows were actually really popular and did pretty well with either ratings, merchandise or both.

And yet we will never get galactic one.

>Knd

None of you cunts even watched it until season 2.

I've been watching since the pre-premiere sneak peek of The Picnic. Lady Hater is the only waifu I'll ever need.

I started watching it after it was cancelled because everyone on Sup Forums said it was good for reasons other than Dominator. I just wish that I hadn't been spoiled so much.

I came for Dominator but stayed for Hater and Peepers. Those guys are the greatest in the galaxy.

>Jerkin to characters other than Dominator.
C'mon now, I've also been watching since Season 1, but Dominator is the only sexy character.

I'm not a fan of Harvey Beaks, but that is just fucking rude desu.

Been watching since The Picnic ma dude.

says you

>but Dominator is the only sexy character
>implicating

>Fucking a horse
You're just as bad as those brony faggots

I've been excited to see Wander ever since Craig teased it as a kids book he was working on back during Foster's production and he uploaded early drafts of Wander who he just called the wandering nomad on deviantart.

she's an alien you faggot

>Dominator is the only sexy character
Leave.

Dominator is a stale deviant tier OC looking bitch who adds nothing to the show. Wander is pure and lovable.

>who adds nothing to the show
I mean, I'm no Dominator fag, but c'mon. She's was great at giving season 2 a conflict if nothing else.

>the wandering nomad
Sounds like it could've been a cool episode name.

jesus christ, are two of them wearing lingere?

>adds nothing
>what is everything in My Fair Hatey
>what is Hater's arc
>what is a character with lots of potential for good writing and growth given that she is essentially Lord Hater if all of his character traits were put to 11

??????????

Fem Hater > Lord Dominator.

Ouch

Cause there was nothing going for it except its fantastic animation. I sat down through many episodes and it was just boring as shit.

It's not for everyone, although you have good taste in animation. Could you explain why it was boring?

I feel the same way, except with Harvey Beaks

Cant remember anything specific but usually it was the same formula IMO. Lord Hater ruins something and Wander tries to fix it with love.

Been around since it premiered on the main Disney channel my dude

Joke's on you, I watched it all on June of this year

I guarantee it will return. I 've rarely been more sure of something.

Give me reason to your cause

There was nothing to capitalize on. Dominator was cool but aside from that it was self aware to the point of annoyance and extremely formulaic,

I get that you guys are a cult fandom, but stop trying to fight the wind. WoY didn't do well for obvious reasons no matter how perfect you want to pretend it was.

There is literally no fucking reason for it to return. Remember, these things cost money and the money makers (the primary demographic) wasn't biting.

>Hater, Sylvia and Wander construction sheet available
>No Peepers or Dominator construction sheet available

Goddamnit

Heyyeayeyayeyayayeya
youtube.com/watch?v=wUo5nG_LtJY

Shut up. Dominator was fun.

>WoY didn't do well because Disney is braindead and moved it to fucking XD

FTFY

Except it DID do well in its first season, and ratings only plummeted after they moved it to XD with no fanfare. Capitalizing on the Dominator hype would've meant simply bringing it back to the main channel, like what they did to their cartoons the moment WOY ended.

what was the deal with the obviously american craft thingy during the credits scene of the last episode?

Theory is that it has something to do with Hater. Word of God says it has something to do with a Season 3 character named "Monkeyboy"