How might MARVEL be today had it been Michael Jackson that purchased the company instead of the Walt Disney Company?

How might MARVEL be today had it been Michael Jackson that purchased the company instead of the Walt Disney Company?

Other than a potential Michael Jackson Spider-Man movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mPVpMxVn6mk&ab_channel=J5Motown
youtube.com/watch?v=QdN9vRKUf0Y&ab_channel=toogskateshop
youtube.com/watch?v=qTUINfx2XbY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I would, honestly, unironically, watch a Spider-Man movie where Peter Parker was portrayed by Michael Jackson.

That would have tripped me out had the post number ended with the year of his death, 2009.

I would watch a Spider-Man movie where he dance-fights the entire time.

An animated Spider-Man movie starring Michael Jackson could be quite an experience.

JJJ: SPIDER-MAN IS A MENACE!!
Peter: Nooo, that's ignorant

That fucking CGI

I actually wanted Mike to play Carnage. Have him be a slightly more extreme version of his character in Ghosts.

*insert Skip joke*

What a lot of people like to believe about Jackson is that he was this kind of unplugged, ethereal free-spirit (and that his pedofilia, which he basically admitted on-camera while talking to Louis Theroux, was a result of his being child-like in his own mind).

But if you look at the business dealings he made, he was actually a very shrewd investor. Sure, there was stuff about him trying to build a theme park around his home (which is something Walt Disney had done just 30 years earlier, though Disney had always done this with the intention of opening it as a paying attraction, rather than by invitation), into which things like trying to buy the bones of John Merrick might fit, if we look at it as part of the American carnival/sideshow tradition. But plenty of very rich men have eccentric homes related to their interests; John Travolta has a home next to a runway capable of servicing a 747 jet, because as a fully qualified commercial pilot, it makes sense for him to do so in order to keep his annual flying hours up.

What we're interested in is not the veil of eccentricity or the bizarre activities of his later years but the deals themselves. Look at his acquisition of the Beatles back catalog in 1985: he actually out-bid Paul McCartney for ATV, paying a cool 47 million.

Ten years later, he sold *half* of ATV to Sony for twice what he'd paid for the whole deal a decade before - a 4x increase in just 10 years. At his death in 2009, his remaining portion of ATV was valued around $1 billion. When it was sold to Sony in 2016 by Jackson's heirs, it was worth $750,000.

Obviously in the midst of all this the man himself was undergoing some... problems, financial and otherwise, and was reportedly close to bankruptcy in 2006; but the fact is he made a profit of $800 million on his original investment - even if we account for inflation, it was still a very shrewd acquisition, and if he gave a shit about his friend and collaborator Paul McCartney, it didn't show.

Micheal Jackson is still alive & he just faked his death.

Only if we can get Prince as Venom

Unironically would prefer that to Tom Hardy

The question here is--what elements of MJs personality does Peter/Spidey acquire?
Idr if MJ was all that great an actor
Idgi
The ATV thing is really wild, because Paul and Yoko both had chances to buy the catalog, independently and together, and neither of them would take the offer
So MJ just did it, and Paul was FUCKING LIVID about it, and when Paul confronted him Mike said something like "you had a chance and rejected it"

MJ was a good businessman and he was definately a weirdo, but he knew how to turn a buck

WHEW
now i wanna see that

>Mike tries to buy his masters
>Dies
>Prince tries to buy his masters
>Dies
>Bill Cosby tries to buy NBC
>"LET'S PIN RAPE ALLEGATIONS ON HIM"
>P. Diddy us trying to buy the Carolina Panthers
I don't ever want to be a rich black man.

What's Puff have to lose at this point? He the richest dude in rap.

The whole world would.

michael jackson's avengers

> its a bunch of 8 year old boys in marvel underroos

How can that be? Is he still making a buck off biggies corpse?

So just like Singer casting twinks in every non big name actor role.

better off than Star Wars

I kind of wish they had done something along those lines with the edm idea.

Well not so much dancing as choregraphed to it.

Star Wars should have ended in the 80's.
It's the fault of fan-faggots like yourself that it's still being flogged for cash.

In a good universe Star Wars should have stoked a generation's interest in exciting Science Fiction/Fantasy, a revisiting of the classics from the 50's and 60's, and a reinvigoration of the genre.

Instead it simply inspired a bunch of permanent adolescents to throw cash at anything with a fucking Lightsaber in it.

Yeah, maybe we would have had Culture movies and everything.

I'm not even trying to be a Sup Forums faux-snob here.

The Star Wars universe was adequately explored in the first three films. It's not really very deep, the alien races are either thinly-veiled ethnic stereotypes or tropes like 20's gangsters or wild-west savages.

The original films were striking because of how high they raised the bar for Sci-Fi special effects.
The story itself is no more compelling than Ice Pirates, or Battle Beyond the Stars, or any of the other crap that was coming out (or riffing on Star Wars) from that decade.

I long for a new Story beyond Space-fascists chasing freedumb-loving rebels planet-to-planet with superweapons.

Sure, it's POSSIBLE to tell richer stories in the Star Wars setting, but the enormous financial success and pop culture ubiquity of it makes that an afterthought at best. Even Return of the Jedi was showing the adverse effects of its status. Star Wars and Star Trek have long out-lived their value to the Sci-Fi/Fantasy genre.

the acting, abysmal as it is, is a shit sight better than Ice Pirates or BBtS

>Star Wars and Star Trek have long out-lived their value to the Sci-Fi/Fantasy genre.
With this I agree.

Is that why Travolta's character was a pilot in "Look Who's Talking"?

This. I've been saying for quite some time that Star Wars is the reason we don't have good SF in the mainstream anymore. People (read: normalfags) just won't buy it if it doesn't have Star Wars on it.

Pic related and GiTS (even though it was lackluster) were the only SF movies I saw this year. A breath of fresh air, if you ask me.

Of Marvel? Well, I’m positive past 2009, the company would end up selling Marvel to Sony because of MJ’s closeness with atv/Sony. Imagine every marvel movie past 2008 that Marvel Studios did made be Sony. Every one.

>Idr if MJ was all that great an actor
He spent most of his childhood doing routines on stage. His biggest problem seemed to be that people didn't want to hire him because he was /too/ big. That people couldn't seen him as anyone but Michael Jackson.

His soft spoken voice was a put on too. His natural voice was deeper.

The Wiz is still my favourite movie unironically.

youtube.com/watch?v=mPVpMxVn6mk&ab_channel=J5Motown

youtube.com/watch?v=QdN9vRKUf0Y&ab_channel=toogskateshop

Power Pack would have become their flagship series

I have no idea! But he'd been flying long enough to be at the controls of a Gulfstream II in 1992, when he was involved in a near-miss incident (which wasn't his fault), so I would guess in 1989/1988 when Look Who's Talking was being made he was at least flying light prop craft with the intention of getting his hours up so that he could progress to heavier craft.

On the other hand, maybe it was already in the script and just made it stand out to him.

>which he basically admitted on-camera while talking to Louis Theroux,

How could he admit something to a man that made a documentary about trying to talk to him and never did?

It's hard to act when the kids walk bow legged from being raped by MJ constantly

>not actually watching the documentary

You have my full attention.

wait no you're right, I was thinking of the Martin Bashir interviews

in which he basically admitted to being a pedofile

Are you confusing him for his dad? A known child abuser?

Oh you mean the one edited to look so bad they released behind the scenes footage to show how much of a shit Bashir was.

cosby tried to buy NBC? when? I knew the mother fucker was rich but not that rich

>also he totally did it
>NBC repressed those accusations for decades until they stopped being able to make money off his good name

>Leto was supposed to be David Bowie

>fun facts about actors and such.

Sup Forums is garbage, but I like these threads.

What's the best MJ song? Might as well throw some Sup Forums in there too.

Star wars maybe but trek still has stories to tell.

>which he basically admitted on-camera
Ebin meme

Dunno, but the best Album is Off the Wall.

I'd be much more interested in a Jim Henson owned and operated Disney. Which was actually about to happen, during their tough times in the late 80s Jim was being considered by Eisner to be put in charge of their creative division. Sadly this ended up falling through after Eisner and Katzenberg managed to get the company back on track.

nope

the one where he tried to sue and they released footage that hadn't been aired to prove he hadn't been taken out of context, yes

and then he stopped trying to sue

and people started suing him

beginning of the end, really

watch him

he's directly asked if for example the rumors that he slept in the same bed as strangers children are true

and he just says yeah

The truth is that the mainstream just doesn't actually LIKE sci-fi. It's not Star Wars' fault that it and similar-looking stuff like GotG are casual-friendly enough to get through that barrier.

It doesn't really help that a lot of sc-fi is frontloaded with an unfamiliar setting and an unfamiliar conflict.
To Star Wars' credit it's able to port over archetypes from the much more familiar world of American Graffiti and introduce a conflict that's super easy to read visually from the very beginning.
Perhaps if there were less contempt for normies or simplicity from many genre filmmakers someone could get a new sci-fi or fantasy franchise off the ground. Look back at what's been able to make it with the mainstream but don't copy them.

kek

>nope
Yes the other "documentary" you first tried to claim had his dad in it.

The 2005 Lawsuits where he was founf innocent because many of the people the prosecution tried to call as witnesses said he never did anything to him?

He said he let kids sleep in his bed. He also let their parents sleep in his bed. Because he either wasn't there or it was like a sleepover. He said he read them and book and gave them cookies to sleep and the people Tom Sneddon tried to turn against him said that's all that happened.

Dude was eccentric as fuck but he wasn't a child molester.

>Prince as Venom in a MJJ Spiderman movie

bamp

I thought Dre was the richest.

Chris Tucker as Ironman.

better than the actual cgi in homecoming

first off, MJ would really only be interested in the boys, which wouldn't bother Sup Forums's pedos, since we are really only into Katie. SecondlyI imagine MJ didnt have a functioning libido, so all the accusations were just general molestation, not full on rape

>in which he basically admitted to being a pedofile
I'll take "Things That Didn't Happen" for $500, Alex.

Blood on the Dance Floor was, is, and will for all time be my top rated MJ song.

youtube.com/watch?v=qTUINfx2XbY

Too bad it's also among the most underappreciated by the general public.

>molestation without a libido
wat

>Marvel
>not Sega

MJ was the hero Sonic deserved, and still needed.

if star trek went back to its roots I think it would have more to offer but continuing more recent trends is pointless

user, molestation is never about direct sexual gratification. its more about getting off on the power differential

i believe MJ could abuse children (just look at when he was fucking swinging that baby) but i don't think he could ever assault one, sexually or otherwise.

Had he stayed looking like he did in Beat it and Thriller?
Might have been cool.

>we'll never get a NiGHTS voiced by michael
at least he danced with ulala

>implying he really did anything, and all the accusations had nothing to do with him loudly speaking bad about top Jews in the industry.

There's actually a theory that seems pretty plausible that says Michael Jackson was actually innocent and neverland ranch was a sanctuary for underage actors that had been abused to go to and have a safe place.

Corey Feldman said this, after he was diddled by kikes that Michael Jackson actually gave him back his innocence.

trumps first wife said that she would leave the trump kids with him all alone and he was the only person she trusted to be around them alone.

MJ became a thorn in the kikes side, so they initiated the rumors about him being a pedo. It makes sense desu

I would read a book based on the adventures of Paris Jackson and Cara Delevigne. A trippy, stoner thing like The BIg Lebowski.

I'm OK with this.

Thor and the Warriors Four was kino.

>molestation is never about direct sexual gratification.
Buuulllllshit, man. Some folks just really want to diddle kids. And anyways, in the cases where it is about one person getting high on power at another's expense, it's usually because the perpetrator her/himself was molested as a child. MJ wasn't. Daddy Jackson just whipped his ass along with all the other Jackson tykes.

>(just look at when he was fucking swinging that baby)
You... you weren't even born when that happened, were you? That's not what happened. That's not what happened at all.

>His soft spoken voice was a put on too. His natural voice was deeper.
Can confirm that singers do this. They change their voice in interviews to preserve their voices and their public persona. Met Chrisette Michelle once during a meet and greet. She sounds like a white girl when she's not singing or doing interviews.

BAD > Off The Wall > Thriller > Dangerous > HIStory > Invincible > The Classic Albums > Xscape >>>>>> MICHAEL

>Clint Eastwood was a huge fan of Namor as a kid. He said it'd be the only superhero he'd be interested to play in a movie.

After a long struggle involving several cases of production hell, two or three lackluster films would have been made, then Jackson would have sold Marvel to someone else. The new owner would have made some bad movies with no MCU, and eventually it would have been sold to Disney. Disney would continue to make bad movies that people watch because it's Disney.

why the FUCK does this CGI look better than what the rest of Civil War and the entirety of Homecoming had?

That actually doesn't sound bad at all.

MJ was a fucking laughingstock all the way from the mid-90's to the time he died. The Titanic would have done a better job of keeping Marvel afloat than Michael Jackson would have.