Remember when Karl predicted augmented reality and Ricky dismissed it as impossible and idiotic?

Remember when Karl predicted augmented reality and Ricky dismissed it as impossible and idiotic?

People of the future will look back on Karl the way we do Nostradamus, and look back on Ricky Gervais the way we do the Roman Catholic Church.

but augmented reality IS dumb. tech companies are trying to push it but it's just a novelty that people stop caring about after the first few minutes.

Ricky being a stupid cunt that loves to pretend that he is smarter than he actually is, is nothing new.

Especially when Karl says anything, but can't handle the bantz when it comes back at him.

you mean the screen strapped to your face with wii remotes?

We have to start somewhere. Now its a novelty, give it 40 years and that shit will consume peoples lives.
Ricky, that fat cunt, dismisses everything Karl says as idiotic because he wants to be the intellectual of the group so he talks shit to Karl even though Karl is a fucking genius most of the time.

We already look at Ricky Gervais like the unfunny talentless faggot he is tho

Yeah, Ricky is pretty whiney. Ever seen his video with Seinfeld, Chris Rock and that ginger rapist mexican?

Guy gets all mad like toddler when the other guys said something about being judged by the public and Seinfeld inmidiately tell's him that if thats how he feels then he has chosen the wrong career.

>ginger rapist mexican
It's not rape if they say yes. And also they don't actually have sex.

I couldn't get past 5 episodes. Karl says something from his point of view, Rick cannot fathom single tiny inch of it, and then theres the third guy for some reason.

>Yesterday I went to buy some yellow bananas
>YELLOW BANANAS!?!?
>aight. They have these green bananas for some people. I just don't see the point. I mean they're raw, so I get the yellow ones instead.
>HOL UP! GREEN BANANAS!!?! IS DIZ! IS DIZ WILLY WONKA U SHOP FOM??

Karl is an idiot, but like a broken clock, he's right at least twice a day. Plus his grammar is piss poor and his explanations regarding topics that aren't completely retarded really doesn't help him sell his idea.

And Ricky's dismissive of literally anything that he doesn't think the exact same on. You could tell him crackers taste good with honey mustard, but because he doesn't ever have it, he'll call you a cunt and that you're wrong.

>The first functional AR systems that provided immersive mixed reality experiences for users were invented in the early 1990s, starting with the Virtual Fixtures system developed at the U.S. Air Force's Armstrong Labs in 1992.[13][14][15]

>The animated Ricky Gervais Show aired 39 episodes across three seasons starting in 2010.

>The Ricky Gervais Show is a comedy radio show in the UK starring Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant, and Karl Pilkington, later adapted into a podcast and a television series. Despite being named after the more famous Gervais, it mostly revolves around the life and ideas of Pilkington. The show started in August 2001 on Xfm,[1]

He reads. You should read.

Nostradamus was literally just observers placing their own interpretations on largely random couplets, or assuming things written before the event couldn't have been reasonably guessed at, or that couplets were written before rather than after the event; on top of which, there are any number of fake Nostradamus lines floating around.

But with Pilkington it's more like looking back on light entertainment news magazine shows and saying yeah that caught on but that didn't, what a cock for not seeing it in advance. It's like the opposite of Nostradamus.

It should have been the Karl Pilkington show. Ricky Gervais is an unfunny faggot.

augmented reality video games are dumb.

now imagine your glasses have an app that recognizes your handwriting and solves equations for you as you write them.

now imagine it has an app that throws up a google maps HUD. or an auto-translator for signs in foreign countries.

imagine your glasses can scan contact info on business cards in the form of QR codes and automatically add them to your phone.

>Ricky Gervais is an unfunny piece of shit human being

Boy, what a shock!

exposing your self to another person is still mildly illegal, user.

It's been a novelty for a long time.

In public yes, but not in private if there's consent.

>imagine your glasses can scan contact info on business cards in the form of QR codes and automatically add them to your phone
woah, it'd be like 1000 apps that already exist

What clinched it for me was the "the English didn't use crossbows because they were too honorable" comment. Any historian worth his salt, or anybody who has read Crecy for that matter, knows that the English didn't use crossbows because it wasn't worth the time and effort to retrain peasants who had already trained their entire lives with the longbow. Also that the English were gigantic bastards and it was the French who kept whining about honor because they kept losing.
Crossbows were commonly used during sieges by both sides as well.

>>too honourable
>>literally used the longest ranged weapon at the time to avoid being shot at or stabbed
Does he just let any shit fall out of his mouth?

Well no shit. That's the point of augmented reality, it's to display and scan information about what's in your line of sight without having to pull out your phone to do it.

Exactly, you stupid cunt.

"they" being the english, not the crossbow.

That's my point. The English used a longer ranged weapon to keep themselves further from the battlefield. Not exactly what I'd call an honourable weapon.

He was partially correct in that Pope Innocent II tried to ban the use of crossbows (and possibly longbows too, the wording is somewhat broad) against other Christians.

Of course, like his attempts to ban jousting and engaging in warfare from Thursday to Sunday, most kingdoms just ignored it.

>Fat, childless atheist is dismissive of new/conflicting ideas

You don't say?