/dpg/ - Danny Phantom Marathon Thread #52-53 (FINALE)

>Episode:"PHANTOM PLANET"(SERIES FINALE)
Links:

kimcartoon.me/Cartoon/Danny-Phantom-Season-03/Episode-012-013

watchcartoononline.io/danny-phantom-episode-52-53-phantom-planet

Season 1-3 MEGA:
mega.nz/#F!D5ggQLpC!Zi4K-620DYfxr3nNB58NUQ

>What is this?
To commemorate 10 years since Danny Phantom ended, we're celebrating by watching all 53 episodes of the show, one episode each week in 2017.

>What's happening in this topic?
Once a week(usually), every Friday, there will be a general created for discussing that week's episode, along with links to said episode.

>What's the point of this?
It's just a fun little activity to do throughout 2017 to make the year a bit more interesting, nothing more.

>Why Danny Phantom?
I haven't watched the show in years, and when I did, I never saw all the episodes. Plus, there's 53 episodes, so counting the two-parters it roughly works out pretty well.

>This is stupid
That's very possible, if it is, please feel free to voice your grievances here. If enough people hate this, I won't do it, no hard feelings.

>I want to get into this, is it too late to join in?
It's Never Too Late for Now. Feel free to use the previous threads for links to episodes and watch at your own pace. At only one episode a week, it should be easy to catch up to where the marathon currently is. First thread can be found here:desuarchive.org/co/thread/88957503/

IMPORTANT:
Is this a terrible idea? Have better suggestions for a layout for this topic? Know how to do it better and want to be in charge of making these topics instead? Want to berate me for making this stupid thing in the first place? Other? Please address these within this topic.

Previous threads/episodes:Desuarchive links in case it gets cleared from the archive:desuarchive.org/co/thread/97509141/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/97652986/

Other urls found in this thread:

s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/a97311ccdcd9b0c3d661b1b2cae2168f/tumblr_p1u7cxzOQd1u97r0vo1_raw.png
ber00.tumblr.com/post/169155916467/happy-new-year-class-is-in-session-boys-and
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

And so it ends, not with a bang or a whimper, but just a great big puff of "What just happened?"

I still think you should've open the thread by telling everybody to go fuck themselves.

Anyways, see ya.

Well, that was a weird ride

You did a good thing, OP. It was a fun ride watching the show throughout the year, guess it's time to suffer through Phantom Planet.

And so, with that, the marathon comes to a close. Regardless of how (un)popular this ended up being, I still had some fun with it, and I'd love to do something similar to it again sometime in the future. But we all know how that would turn out, so I probably won't.

Everyone lurked, nobody posted

Unfortunately I'm too polite to do something like that, even anonymously. As pathetic as it is, me taking the time and effort to do something big for others on the web and then getting largely ignored(even by friends), has happened to me a great deal more than it should've in the past. I can't say I'm not disappointed by how this turned out, but I can't say I'm not used to it either.

Yup.

Thanks, that actually means a lot, knowing at least someone appreciated it. I mean it.

Well, no point letting this one die. Let's celebrate!

OOOOOOH HOW SILLEEEEEEEEEEE
IF ONLY HE COULD TURN INVISOBULLLLLLLL

>making the teenager the new Mayor
What the hell was this garbage?

How would you have ended Danny Phantom? Post your ideas.

Spectra fuses with Wuya from Xiaolin Showdown, then seduces Danny to the the dark side, ending with them ruling both the living world and the Ghost Zone together while having lots of sex every day.

But what becomes of Vlad? You gotta watch out for plotholes.

Can we please take a moment to appreciate the fact that this user not only planned something out that lasted AN ENTIRE YEAR, but actually followed through with it to the very end and didn't just give up half way into it?
If more anons were like this, we might actually get a Sup Forumsllaboration project done for once.

Cheers to that guy. He kept at it this whole time and never whored himself out.

How about a marathon for MLaaTR? I think the show deserves one considering its cult status, and it might receive a little bit more attention. Of course, this is just a mindless suggestion, I understand how exhausting and time-consuming must be to set up something like this.

Cheers OP, until next time.

>But what becomes of Vlad?
who cares about vlad

That sounds like a good idea.

I hope you like being ignored too.

Not so fast, page 10.

congrats OP

>Dark Danny escapes, following up on that tease at the end of The Ultimate Enemy, and figures out some way to manipulate the past towards another alt-future so he'd still exist, since otherwise he'd just fizzle completely out of existence without an afterlife to fall back on
>since DD had manipulated the circumstances in the past so well, the new "Bad End" future turns out even worse than before. Also, he'll have an unwilling harem of all of his former female foes, including Ghosts of Sam, Valerie, and Paulina
>there's a b-plot where Vlad gets a redemption arc; in part out of guilt due to his involvement in Dark Danny's creation, but mostly because he learns that he's still a fucking loser in any future where he doesn't get his shit together and gets over his past
>meanwhile, Danny, Sam, and Tucker are pulling out all the stops to defeat Dark Danny - but fail at every turn, due to his future self's benefit of hindsight that develops right as the present unfolds from Danny's POV
>Vlad ends up putting aside his difference with Jack, and they turn out to be competent as fuck as a team; which results in Dark Danny getting blown the fuck out before he can guarantee his own creation
>by the end of the episode; The whole Fentom Family becomes part of "Team Phantom" and openly support's Danny's superhero ghost persona, and Vlad becomes a proper mentor to Danny while awkwardly attempting to put himself out there through online dating or something
>and Sam is still confirmed as endgame I guess because I can only change this one episode

I kinda wish I caught more of these threads, and that they got enough activity to last in general. It was a pretty cool idea to have weekly episode-centric threads for a show that's been off the air for years, OP's only crime was overestimating Sup Forums's capacity for stimulating conversation.

I do enjoy that show, but we all know how that would turn out. Several people vocalized interest in this marathon at the beginning and it was largely ignored, I can't imagine how a marathon only one or two person showed interest in would go.

This user gets it.

>OP's only crime was overestimating Sup Forums's capacity for stimulating conversation.
Apart from being a faggot, his crime was insisting on a show that's been dead for 10 years.
Everything has already been talked about and the only things left are waifufaggotry and fanfics, both equally cancerous.
As a result, every single thread failed hard, getting ~25 replies on average.

watch as i get 20+ (you)s from that one guy who won't let the thread die, and will reply to me just as an excuse to page10 bump

>Everything has already been talked about
Has it, though? Other than a lot of broad discussions about Butch Hartman's religious biases and occasionally some shippingshit, the show's hardly been discussed much at all. Even some of the decent ghost waifus have been neglected, even during Spooktober except for Ember, of course. And the single-episode format of these threads could've theoretically prompted anons to start up on new conversations regarding things they hadn't noticed before when they did watch this a decade ago, or forgot about at least. Kind of like a talkback thread banking on nostalgia instead of the novelty of something brand new.

Maybe it was just the show itself which didn't lend itself towards much interest, the concept for these threads in and of itself was otherwise a pretty cool novelty.

>nobody talked about anything before *i* found Sup Forums
Just because you didn't see them, doesn't mean there hasn't been numerous threads.

Now you're just being a faggot. Discussion quantity is extremely relative here, just because a hundred short lived, one-off threads have combined amounted to some discussion regarding a fair few aspects about the show, doesn't mean discussion regarding it as a whole has been run into the ground, like you've insinuated in your last post.

I'm not insinuating anything. There's been plenty of full lenght threads in the past, not just a bunch of 10 post threads.

To think it took some jackass killing his coworkers to get people to care about this show.

There really wasn't enough of Jazz.

God bless you for taking me down this year long trip with you, OP.
Damn. What a ride.
I just wish it hadnt ended on goddamn fucking sonavabitch Phantom Planet godammit

I could accept this ending.

Thank you for doing this Op, Im happy you did it, even if I was lurking the entire time.

I can't even remember what she contributed in the end of it all.

She outted Danny to their parents

Sup Forums conversations can be surprisingly stimulating at times, these threads merely didn't get any conversation at all.

I was bored and wanted to do something fun, so I went through a bunch of shows I felt like rewatching and this was the one that got the most positive response towards it. I kind of figured these threads would be dead anyways, so by picking something I felt like watching, at the very least I'd enjoy it, even if no one else did.
But you are right, I am a complete loser and probably did deserve to fail as miserably as I did. I'm used to it.

You're most welcome. As I said earlier, this genuinely does mean a lot to me that some of you enjoyed it, so thanks for that.

Wished we saw ghost king again for the finale, or introduce another big bad

You should do a marathon thread for Steven Universe or Star Vs. The Forces of Evil next year

Let it die, let it die. Let it shrivel up and die, come on who's with me?

You know, I wonder. What do today's kids think of Danny Phantom?

Um, did you read this comment?

I think it'd be up their alley: action, comedy, lore. All it needs is more technology and memes.

I did, but even though I love both shows, aside from the lack of popularity it would get, neither of those would really work. Opinion on SU seems to be incredibly divided here, and the immensely vocal haters of the show here wouldn't help either.Kind of like R&M here. As for Star, there are threads often enough about the show that the marathon threads would likely get ignored in favor of those.

How about Teen Titans Go! or Early SpongeBob?

I actually genuinely and honestly enjoy Teen Titans Go. It has its bad episodes like the waffles one, but I actually enjoy myself when watching the show

Give it a rest. /dpg/ was not a success. Any other attempt at doing another of these for shows even less popular here will fail worse. Let OP lick his wounds and move on.

This is the most millennial post Ive read in a long time.

>97792881
>97799027
NYPA.

Just being honest.

See you all in the future guys, Thanks one last time for doing this Op, it was nice watching this show again.

This was truly pathetic.

The episode or the threads?

I feel the same, but I don't think those would work out either. It would probably have to be something more than just watching episodes, something that would make anons feel more involved or invested.

Yeah, it really did bomb, but as I've said before, I'm sadly used to this kind of thing. I'm fine and not really upset about it, but I thank you for your concern.

Wasted digits

You're welcome. Thanks for liking it, it means a lot. As I've said, seeing anons that enjoyed it makes it all worthwhile.

not so fast

Damn you man, it was at a good place to die. Even number of posts, OP making peace and everything.

You know, this was a fun thing watching all the episodes. I still really enjoy this show and it had some really awesome ideas like Dani and Dark Danny

Why did people not like season 3 again? Aside from the lackluster ending, it had some really cool episodes and introduced some of my favorite characters, like Frostbite and Amorpho.

Shit like this.

Have a Spectra for the new year, guys.
s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/a97311ccdcd9b0c3d661b1b2cae2168f/tumblr_p1u7cxzOQd1u97r0vo1_raw.png

original source:
ber00.tumblr.com/post/169155916467/happy-new-year-class-is-in-session-boys-and

Is this SFW? Because, without checking, I have a sneaking suspicion it isn't...

I never got the appeal behind Spectra or Ember, Desiree is obviously the best.

But that episode was decent because it introduced the Guys in White as a serious antagonist in the series from this point on.

>OP making peace and everything
This must die along with the year

Is it wrong if I always liked Kitty the most out of them?

Kitty is underrated. I'm with you.

That episode was merely decent, but I'd say it's the only weak one of the season besides the finale. Doesn't really justify all the hate.

What did you mean by this?

Desiree is easy mode for straight-up wish fulfillment fantasies
Spectra specializes in scratching a more psychological/masochist itch (the "sadistic school therapist" gimmick is super underrated, imo)
Not sure about this "Ember's" appeal though, which one was she again?