ITT: Nice people that did nothing wrong

ITT: Nice people that did nothing wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uP0usNbTSng
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Other than killing his best friend to steal his songs, he did nothing wrong.

also took his guitar

I know by the time he got big Imelda had probably already removed all music from her life but I find it suspect she never accidentally heard Ernesto singing one of Hector's songs or saw a photo of him with the guitar and wondered just where the fuck he went to. Or why she never bothered trying to contact Ernesto.

she focused hardcore on shoemaking

He fucking murdered his best friend, took credit for his work, and reaped the rewards.

murder and theft are bad, OP

Now, this motherfucker...

So what if he killed "chorizo"?
He'll still be remembered and loved by millions of people that don't live in Santa Cecilia or care about a brown kid's peyote trip.
I know I'd still love Jorge Negrete had he killed a couple of losers.

Yeah but he's no longer alive to enjoy the fans who still like him. Guy's now basically stuck in purgatory. And chances are they had the letters verified by a historian since at the end there's the museum at Miguel's place.

Actually I wonder now if the Rivera's will get the royalties from Hector's songs.

you have some odd priorities

Since de la Cruz did not have family, I would imagine his wealth & royalties went to his record company or the government. Who knows with inheritance laws in Mexico?

WHERE'S MY FEMUR?

>brown's kid peyote trip

Kek

Between Hector and De La Cruz, who's the better singer?

Let us be Honest here. Ernesto had the voice, the looks and the charm. His version of Remember Me is the best one. I really doubt Hector would had made it big no matter what a good composer he was.
Still, he was a betraying murderous cunt and good thing he was exposed in the end

You have to go back

Yep, pretty much this.
You can prove with the letters that he stole Chorizo's work, but not that he killed him. And in the end even if Hector wrote the songs the fact will remain that it was Ernesto the one who made them popular and known to everyone, thus that is why i think the "Forget you" thing was pretty stupid, because he will never really be forgotten

Hector's not bad at all but Ernesto definitely had the voice and personality actually needed to make it big.

Then again, Hector apparently didn't want to make it big in the first place.

Hector's is better. You fool.

Hector's murder happened almost 100 years ago. There wasn't any internet back then. If a person went somewhere far away and didn't give you contact info, chances are you were never going to see them again.

Pedro Infante the actor and musician whom de la Cruz is based of was a bigamous man, who seduced and married a 14 year old girl and who smuggled ancient Aztec relics out of Mexico on his plane the day he had a crash and died.
He only recognized five of the over 20 children he had with his three wives and lovers.
He never paid child support either

You can't prove it but it'd definitely be a time and place thing, depending on how much context Coco herself can provide (like exactly which year Hector left and didn't come back and when Ernesto started to make it big). It might be a thing where people would believe it once the facts are laid out, but if Hector ever got a wikipedia entry his cause of death would still be listed as unknown.

That said, Ernesto still didn't "win" because he had an all or nothing attitude about the whole thing. Nobody would've believed Miguel without Coco's letters, but Ernesto still wasn't willing to let him go back because he couldn't even let there be one crack in his image.

Can't wait for Coco 2 where Miguel meets one of Ernesto's descendants. For real this time.

Didn't Pixar rip-off the second dungeon in Persona 5 with Coco's plot twist?

>His daughter sang Remember Me
kek
youtube.com/watch?v=uP0usNbTSng

No they continued the recent Disney trend where the bad guy was someone we thought was a good guy, though I thought Ernesto was the most obvious one to date.

Makes me wonder which version of the song will qualify for the Oscar/which will be performed at the show.

He was the ultimate bad boy. Just like in his movies. The Eddie Guerrero of mariachi music. He could really make any "chatita" melt just by singing.
It's not sexual harassment if he has a moustache and a sombrero.

That woman looks way too young to be Pedrito's daughter. If he died in 57, I'd expected her to look 40 something.

He often cucked his friends and boasted about this in front of them, however they didn't even got angry at him because of his charisma.

He was trash with no real talent who had to kill his friend and steal his songs just to make it big. He may not be forgotten but he's still a bitch.

>Since de la Cruz did not have family
I doubt no one tried to pass as his child, many would had fought for that sweet money even a long distant relative.

Why are Pixar characters so ugly lately

I'm more surprised he didn't fuck women without protection using his fame

That's just a Mexican

Oh you're just looking for an excuse to be cynical.

It'd annoyed me they just left his guitar in the pool.

looks like chatitas aren't the only ones melting when they talk about this guy, eh camarón?

you are seriously overestimating Mexico's technological advancements 100 years ago.

you didn't pay attention to the ending? He was exposed for stealing the songs, hector became the legend.

It's ironic since now Hector will probably outlive his family's final deaths, basically a reverse hell.

Honestly, what bugs me the most is that when his friend wants to go home, the first thing he jumps to is murder. I'm pretty sure Hector still would've needed to earn a living. And I'm pretty sure Hector would've been loyal enough to his friend to continue writing songs for Ernesto to sing. It just seems like it would've been a win-win situation because Ernesto clearly preferred the limelight, but it still would've given Hector a really good source of income and they both could've gotten what they wanted.

I know, right?
De la Cruz was big enought by that time. He could have another song writter and buy Hector's silence. Still. Have you seen mexicans drinking in a party? The first one that wants to leave (usually home with his family) gets bullied by everyone and they bring him more drinks untill he decides to stay.

Yes there wasn´t internet back then but Ernesto became a famous singer and movie star plus he came from the same town where she lived. Everybody had to have being singing the songs for decades while she was still alive.

She literally had to cover her ears and go La La La La La and do the same for the daughter for her to never realized some guy was claiming autorship of her lost husband songs.

Think about it if she hadn´t sperg so hard she would have realize that Hector never came back because he was murdered and if she was still mad at him at least could have force Ernesto to give her some money since she had prof that the songs where stolen.

not really Ernesto was still the face of those songs and became a famous movie star by playing them. People still like Michael Jackson, Charles Dickens and Lewis Carroll after their problematic personal lives where exposed, because most people like the work they make and never bother digging in their personal lives.

Hector letter would be that little historian coriosity somebody points out in a party or maybe some brief news about a legal battle between Miguel´s family and Ernesto state.

But is a movie so a letter from a long dead guy is enough to do justice.

>be Mexican
>spend most of the movie losing your head
What did Disney mean?

it wasn't just a letter, it was that songs lyrics were in fact the letters he wrote to his wife and kids. esentially, coco had the originals.

What surprises me is that him leaving to his family came as a surprise to Ernesto yet he had poison on hand for a case like this.

He also seems to be so proud of what he pulled out that convinced a screenwritter to put it on a movie.

>She literally had to cover her ears and go La La La La La and do the same for the daughter for her to never realized some guy was claiming autorship of her lost husband songs.
If Grandma Elena's personality is indication of anything, that's quite literally what she did.

Also even if she did know, there's no reason to think her mind would jump to murder. Her mind would more likely jump to he failed pathetically and had to sell his guitar and songs for money because he's a bum who ran out on his family.

Yes I was aware of that, I was just comenting on the hollywood logic where a single letter inmediatly wraps up all loose plot threads, there is no legal battle, family drama. no skeptics or rabid fanboys. Coco had some letters and a year later everybody accepts that some guy from a family didn´t even knew his name up until that point is the true autor of the songs.

Also, why did Ernesto just happen to have that poisoned drink ready to go?

And seriously, totally--- Ernesto could have just paid Hector to be his song writer, and made a fortune and been famous. You think Elvis and Lady Gaga did/do all their own song writing?

>Also, why did Ernesto just happen to have that poisoned drink ready to go?
We only know the flashback from Hector's point of view because he was telling the story. It would make no sense if Hector remembered Ernesto going into the bathroom and picking up some rat poison from the motel floor and sprinkling it in the drink. Movie pacing purposes and all that.

Probably, yet I think she would have at least try to contact Ernesto to see if she can at least know where Hector was to shake the alimony out of him.

She is a single mother on early 20 century Mexico she probably didn´t have that much money. three generation later and her great great grand children still have to polish shoes to bring money to the family.

The situation isn't that outrageous, you can just compare it to Bill Finger and Bob Kane if you want, minus the murder.

This is one of those cases where saying, "It's a kids movie" is acceptable not because it's dumb logic but because kids don't give a shit about an extra 15 minutes explaining the details of the legality of it all and just want the story to end in a nice bow.

You know, I can actually buy that as a very believable explanation.

>If he died in 57, I'd expected her to look 40 something.

He was surprised, but not confused, to hear he had a great-great-grandson. What does that tell you?