Being Archer truly is suffering

Being Archer truly is suffering.

>Executive producer Matt Thompson stated that season 9 will take place in 1939 after Germany has annexed Austria and Japan is invading China. Sterling Archer is a seaplane pilot just trying to continue his alcoholic lifestyle in French Polynesia. As you might imagine, danger soon comes to Archer’s island home (hence the theme).

>Aisha Tyler will play a princess this season while Jessica Walter will reprise her role as Malory Archer (reimagined this year as a bar owner). Amber Nash’s Pam returns as Archer’s co-pilot while Judy Greer’s Charlotte will serve as an heiress who has come to this island for her honeymoon. Rounding out the cast is Chris Parnell as a German office and Lucky Yates as Archer’s beloved wisecracking parrot.

>Thompson stated that he wanted to return to the show’s fun roots after last season took some surprisingly dark turns. The theme itself is inspired by ’60s live-action adventures set in the tropics.

Dammit. Couldn't they do something fun like Archer convincing the gang to become an evil organization like COBRA? Hell you could do an entire bit on Archer spending a shit load of money on a spinning chair thats bolted in the center of the room just so he can do dramatic turns. Pam is like Oddjob, Krieger gets to cut loose being a mad scientist (well more than usual), and whatnot

Did Archer get really bad after that country roadtrip season? Rather, given how bad that season was, how bad was it in comparison to the ones that came after?

Why cant archer just be archer

Archer vice and archer PI was better than this coma shit

I feel like the crew is making these fantasy seasons because they really don't want to write what life will be like when Archer wakes up.

It's been heavily foreshadowed that Lana is killed. The episode discussing who inherits Abbiejean if Lana dies really wasn't a waste. Archer would be in a new time where his true love is dead, their daughter doesn't know him, & he is older, weaker, & greyer.

Was it really the ISIS shit that threw a wrench in the show or did they just run out of spy plots?

so archer is still in a coma and forced to be put in another filler season

The sixth season was normal spy stuff before ISIS figuratively burned that bridge & literally became a terrorist organization.

I think the cast just wants to have fun at this point and coma dreams are their excuse to do whatever.

God dammit I just want to see Archer wake up and rampage all the way to Mexico to kill and/or have sex with Veronica Dean. They’re not even going to give us the courtesy of at least 13 episodes are they?

>It's been heavily foreshadowed that Lana is killed.
killed how

Shot to death. Most recent season finale in the fantasy coma had Lana shot like twenty-three times & man Pam saying there's no way she could have survived it in a parallel universe.

Mallory has also complained about Archer dating Lana because she was an agent & will likely be killed on duty.

It was probably both. I think they were getting bored and trying to reinvent the show a bit, then ISIS happened.

Saw the first episode of danger island a few months ago at NYCC, it was alright.

can they just let it end?

but they arent agents anymore. and she's a princess in this coma dream

2 more seasons, they want to end at 10 which I assume will be him awake and trying to live his life

So... is Ireland an Axis power?

What happened?

>Lucky Yates as Archer's beloved wisecracking parrot

They need to take it full circle and bring in elements of Frisky Dingo, they should have gone in this direction

>Early WWII setting
AGH. Why. That's so played out by now.

I like the sound of it, basically a whole season of the Pirate King special, I wonder if they'll bring back Rip Riley?

I wish we'd gotten more Xtacles.

They aren't agents in title but they still do a lot of work with firearms regardless. It's the deal when you work for Mallory.

I really liked the last season. It pretty much just jettisoned all of the pre-established lore to do a fun noire story with all the characters playing different rolls.

Well, the tenth season is supposedly going to be the last, so that would actually be a great setting for it.

Original seasons are GOAT. It's no longer funny, so I no longer watch it.

Exactly. Stop whining and let it be fun.