Weekend Sup Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sup Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Last weekend's thread:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/97662155/

Other urls found in this thread:

the-collection.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=coc
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/5_Supervillains_Walk_Into_a_Bar
premierpulp.wordpress.com/submission-details/
the-collection.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=coscru-user
pastebin.com/HkVyJRCD
pastebin.com/UX3mDJxB
the-collection.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=69532
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Last time:

-Talked about Stretch's plot
-More progress on 'I know a guy' with integrating some old ideas into it as well
-Small bits of Trine discussion
-Some new pics
-Other stuff I didn't mention

Thread wasn't too active due to the holidays.

Also, possible last chance to save anything from plus4chan that you think is worth saving since it's shutting down in January.

Good morning.

Just thought of a Audrey/Iris winter image:

Both of them sharing a sled, with Iris being grabbed by the waist by Audrey while also she presses against her back.

What's on your mind this week, OP? You always have something neat to discuss.

I got a pen tablet this Christmas and would like to keep practicing. I started with a drawing of the Awesome Man villain, Towel Man. His design reminded me of the Pillar Men, so I tried doing the Araki style posing with the drying of the towel.
Would appreciate criticism/advice. Also, do you recommend any program in specific?

Is there a booru for these characters?

Not much, been busy with the holidays.

Though the reworking of the supervillain parents into the new project got me thinking about another semi-not recent thing:
5 Supervillains Walk Into a Bar

Whoever was putting that on the wiki never finished putting it on the wiki and it's bothered me off and on for a while now.

Not sure if that's a neat enough topic to generate discussion though.

>among all the festivities, and talk of magic powers, everyone forgot the Winter Solstice is also Winter's birthday

How do they make it up to her?

Do solstices and equinoxes have fixed calendar dates?

As far as I know each entry on the Sup Forums wiki is supposed to have a gallery of relevant art. If there's a pre-existing /coc/ booru still around, I'm not aware of it.

the-collection.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=coc

Not really, but I imagine them seeing it as "their birthday" whatever the day makes sense.

Is there a link to it? or a summary?

Does the group know of her "interests"?

Holy shit, more Towel Man appreciation!

For criticism, a couple of the body parts on are off, his right hand and forearm are huge unless compares to his frame and I see what your aiming for with the rolled towel, but it's a bit hard to tell. Holding or highlighting the towel from his back could be handled with some shading. Other than that this is a fine start.

>Does the group know of her "interests"?
I don't know, but they should either have no idea and this she's pure, or know much more than they ever wanted.

I tried to go with a slender yet muscular complexion, like an air dancer, but you are right, the right hand is huge, I will give it another go.

It's on the wiki

the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/5_Supervillains_Walk_Into_a_Bar

Interesting.

Would his sister be equally fabulous? Or more serious?

Also working in an IHE illustration

Neat.

He seems to be getting drawn more often in past months.

Will read real quick.
It's always fun to see people draw IHM. The minor tweaks are always fun.

The guy who pitched Towel Man here. His sister is definitely more serious. She's the brains of the operation that supplies her brother with her super towels while she outfits herself in her "Sauna-Tech." She's a masseuse with too much free time and a muscleheaded brother.

Masseuse, huh? Makes me think of a super ultra sound vibration grip gauntlet that can even loosen up solid rock.

I don't know what you'll get out of it, maybe it'll provide some more inspiration for the anons working on 'I know a guy' if that keeps going beyond the initial goal.
There's a handful of disconnected ideas floating around that feel like puzzle pieces or toys without a play set just waiting for someone to find a way to use them.

>I don't know what you'll get out of it, maybe it'll provide some more inspiration for the anons working on 'I know a guy' if that keeps going beyond the initial goal.

We're just waiting on the script from Sloth user, then when that's had a good read-through and feedback, Artist user can turn it into a comic. Everyone's coming up with expansions to the core idea (esp Artist user) but at the moment we just want to get the sub-30-page ashcan produced and released.

See if you can get it published in the next Premier Comics release.

It's the anthology series made on Sup Forums a few years ago.

That'll depend on the page count and the comic's resolution. I know they're looking for one-shot stories at a maximum spread of 16 pages, but I don't remember their page resolution requirements.

>a super ultra sound vibration grip gauntlet that can even loosen up solid rock

Or a super ultra sound vibration grip gauntlet that can loosen up armor, bank vaults, cargo trucks. I pictured her using steam/boil pellets and hydro pumps to stay at a distance, but the gauntlet sounds more in character.

The page about submissions on the old Premier blog has the details:

premierpulp.wordpress.com/submission-details/
>The magazine’s pages are A4 sized at 200ppi- 1654×2339 pixels. Send your images into us at a high resolution (we will adjust them in InDesign as necessary). Avoid JPEG compression and save your images in a high quality .TIF, .PNG or .EPS format. Do not use transparency and save your files in RGB color. Every comic must feature a title and full credits on its first page. Do not include page numbers on your pages.

That should all be feasible for the project

The gauntlet is also steam powered, it can be a comfortable temperature to the touch (for massaging) or a scalding inferno grip.

I'm just saying it'd be interesting if it could get into one of the Premier releases. Like the June one next year.

What is a good New Years plot?

Time stuck feels overplayed.

Silver Queen and Golden Girl try to stop the Racketeer using a stolen sonic weapon to make everyone as loud as he is, so that every day of the year will be as raucous as New Year's Eve.

So something that picks up all sounds in a given area and amplifies them?

Yes, an amplifier of some kind. Maybe hooked up to the dropping ball, since midnight will be when everyone's at their loudest.

What's he fixing to steal during the blow out?

Well, my thought was that the amplifier would have a permanent loudening effect on everyone within range, and that would be his main goal. But yeah, giving him something specific to go after makes sense, forcing SQ and GG to split their focus between stopping the theft and stopping the amplifier.

How about in true 50s comics fashion, Platinum City is ringing in the new year with a display of the world's biggest New Year's noisemakers?

And he wants to steal those?

He wants to steal those and hook them up to the amplifier to keep the town as loud as New Years year round?

Who is in his gang anyway?

He wants to steal them because they're loud. The amplifier is to make the people as loud as New Year's year-round.

>Who is in his gang anyway?
An assortment of criminal mooks who share his taste for noise, going by that audio play from a few months ago.

But how does the amplifier make people loud forever?

That's where I'm getting hung up.

I'll admit I'm not 100% on the mechanics myself. It'd be some sort of super-secret hi-tech stuff stolen from a lab. It's 1950s comic-book technology. Maybe it alters the larynx somehow.

>I know you're in a bad way, but if you just hold his hand for a while you'll feel right as rain.
>...It's so clammy...
>Don't worry, I have tissues.

"feel" being the key word here since he can't actually heal anyone, only buy them time to get proper medical treatment.

Need more of The Bump.
Like what sorts of people is he usually bumping, who dispatches him to where (The Collective?), what's his daily routine like?

If he's helping the Seasons then maybe he's been with Britainment. Or he's so vital that he's been on a few missions with heroes across the globe.

how does this thread work?

Think toy box with OCs.

Sup Forums is always coming up with OCs. Any OCs which originated from discussion on Sup Forums gets discussed here. Sometimes someone will like an idea and run with it.

Anyone can pick a character and come up with ideas, stories, plots, etc. with them and post them here and maybe some other user will like the ideas.
Or user make new characters.

It's a lot of spit balling, but comics do get made here on occasion.
And stories also get written.

It's basically a thread for creations made for Sup Forums, quite of few of which share various settings. The wiki in the OP goes through some of the characters and settings Sup Forums has made.

Could be The Collective sends him out to wherever the highest demand is, like places hit by natural disasters.

Or he's available via request to hero organizations, but they have to book in advance.
So they have to schedule when they're going to raid that big villain hideout.

Silver age is well into the idea of "Science" being the answer rather than actually explaining how it works.

>Need more of The Bump.
Yes, we do.

>Silver age is well into the idea of "Science" being the answer rather than actually explaining how it works.
True enough!

So it'd just be a big box hooked up to a microwave antenna or some sort of dish projecting voice enhancing waves over the city?

And here's hoping the thread makes it through the night.

>So it'd just be a big box hooked up to a microwave antenna or some sort of dish projecting voice enhancing waves over the city?
And set to go off when the ball drops at midnight.

Maybe some bs of finding sound on the radiation spectrum and flooding the world with it.

This shit is godawful
None of you have talent
Kill yourselves

Happy New Year, user!

It's always nice to go to the holidays on Sup Forums.

bump for the night.

With those eyebrows, Briana is truly the most powerful /coc/ character.

Summer has quite a hefty pair.

I want to see Audrey and Briana wearing each other's eyebrows.

These caterpillars are too much for a normal human to handle. Audrey would be crushed by the sheer force.

>implying those pathetic things can match up to Briana's mighty carpets

Maybe in a few years, browlet.

At the very least she'd be tipping over from the weight.

I think it would be rigged into the ball.

The world comes after the city.

But really, the Racketeer should be trying to rob vaults or something during all of this.

Being loud is his thing, but it's his thing that he uses to steal stuff.
Some people might even pay him to shut his yap.

Is there a rough timeline for /coc/ projects, including Squid Pro Quo, Grieve-tan, Riggs Hagar etc? Asking mostly out of curiosity since most of the projects could see an Elseworlds variation in future

The /coc/ timeline is odd. I think it's best if it just varies from one interpretation to the next since when I tried to make sense of it, looking at EVERYTHING from the past 10 years, I came to some odd conclusions in regards to continuity.

Like two to five different timelines collided at one point or another to form the current main one odd.
Which I guess is normal for comics.
I dunno if it you want me to go into detail with that.

I'd say Squid Pro Quo probably showed up during the late 80s so he'd have been around long enough to have already been an established villain when Sup Forumslette was still a child.

Grieve-tan isn't really in the shared /coc/ setting proper since she's an AU. There's a handful of AU characters that sometimes get discussed like Hazel, Trinity, Wolfbatman, Dadseid, had to make an AU category on the wiki for that a while ago.

Riggs Hagar never got much discussion, but I'd say he was also big in the 80s and had waning fame in the 90s before turning into a super villain.

From what I gather, most 'modern day' time frames in the setting tend to be positioned somewhere around 2011 for whatever reason. Probably to keep some characters younger despite them being born in the late 80s, otherwise Ladybug would be getting close to 30 years old if it was a truly present day setting. I'd place her date of birther anywhere between 1989 - 1992, same goes for Tats and Diving Belle.

'I know a guy' could be its own thing separate from the shared stuff, or with a degree of separation, or just making use of whatever OCs we have when it needs them, or something else.
There's nothing wrong with any of those options.

>But really, the Racketeer should be trying to rob vaults or something during all of this.
Yeah, he'd definitely be planning to pull some heists during all the cacophonous chaos, like stealing the world's largest noisemakers as I suggested earlier. It'd be the perfect way to kick off a crime spree.

He should have a sonic safe cracker, a device that literally cracks safes in half using the power of sound.

It's loud as hell.

An interesting idea, but I think that might be too hi-tech for his regular use. He'd prefer old-fashioned dynamite.

Wouldn't that also blow up the money in the safe though?

Harmonic resonances or some other such handwave.

bump

Any other New Years plot ideas?

Is the Sageworthy Society out to make everyone apathetic about the new year so they'll be easier to dominate?

Does the Machine Cult have a mechanical calendar that's always counting down to something and only Clockwork Prophet can actually read it?

Are the Justice Sup Forumsmrades and Justice Coalition having a join year end party?

Is The Archivist busy trying to get the new book in order to record the new year?

What do immortal beings like Skull King think of the mortal celebration of the passing of time? I think he'd think it's funny, but glad someone is celebrating the eternal march onwards.

Imagine him spinning one of those noise makers lazily.

It's a funny mental picture to me.

Quiet thread this time around.

Faggot Tree attempts the classic plot to let out euphoric spores at the stroke of midnight.

So just like any other night at midnight for him then?

I could see him, page 10 tan, and the Bump having a small party together.

>Also, possible last chance to save anything from plus4chan that you think is worth saving since it's shutting down in January.

I'll save all of plus4chan for the price of more Sup Forumslette rule 34.

jesus Christ what is this, Mojo Jojo transplanted himself onto Shao Kahn's body?

Are you aware of the shimmie?

He burns through bodies very quickly.

are you aware that I said "more"?

Make more, and you'll be able to post it at plus4chan in the future. That's the deal.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat is this?
It's really good.

That's from the Cosmic Crusaders artist.
The Crusaders are a group of Irregulars of a sort, various mystic minded people who deal with mystical kinds of problems.

the-collection.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=coscru-user

Didn't he say he'd have a full comic by year's end?

Like, two year's end's ago...

He's apparently a Capcom employee, so no idea how his free time is going.

Sloth user's scrip draft (WIP): pastebin.com/HkVyJRCD
Sloth user's outline: pastebin.com/UX3mDJxB

If he doesn't show up during this thread, I'll make a headstart on the comic using the outline he produced for us.

You have a blog? I like keeping track of the /coc/ artists.

Just the art in these threads, unless I set up a Tumblr for the project or something.

Someone ought to inform the guy who uploads /coc/ stuff to the Sup Forums booru that you are not Endpiece.

I think you drawing that pic with the villain parents threw that guy for a loop.

The only thing that really needs editing is the tags on this picture. It's not Rudy, it's a drawing of the girl sidekick/friend.

the-collection.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=69532

Hell, I can edit tags, I'll do it.

Seems plus4chan is entering a read only mode as of tomorrow since someone has decided to repair the website. FOR FREE.

Indefinite read only mode until repairs are done though.

Oh, boy! Here I ago again!
From left to right they are...
Andrew Wright, Whisper, Betty Volare, Doctor Sup Forumsccult, Skathi???, Enlightenment, Erin De Gaulle, Skull King, Hummingbird aka Emily Lang, and I actually don't know who that last dude is.

I also don't even know if those little creatures have names, actually.

Hank. The last one is Hank, the post master from the place where Erin works.

The little dragon and eyeball demons don't have names.
The dragon was something meant for issue 2? Where they go to something like China Town and have to deal with a magic shop. He's their contact.

Cosmic Crusaders user has phenomenal artwork, but he suffers from the same thing that so many artists suffer from: lack of time and compulsion to keep re-doing the story instead of moving forward.

He has all of issue one drawn and scripted, then he gets busy with work and decides he wants to just re-do the entire thing the next time he has time, then he disappears again because more work and begins to feel that his art abilities have diminished too much to draw the thing.

>He has all of issue one drawn and scripted, then he gets busy with work and decides he wants to just re-do the entire thing the next time he has time, then he disappears again because more work and begins to feel that his art abilities have diminished too much to draw the thing.

It's awful. You look at old panels/pages that seemed perfectly serviceable and go "oh wait, but, wouldn't it be funny/more dramatic if they said this instead" and then you start redoing it. And if you're really lucky, you won't go back to it the next day and think "I preferred the way it worked originally".

Fuuuuuck.
Another year, another one I don't name to 100%

I'll get you next year, /coc/.

>someone has decided to repair the website. FOR FREE.

Yup, that's me. So please draw more Sup Forumslette for motivation!

Truth or not, I'm no good at art, much as I want to do lewds.

No. Never.
Never that.