Sup Forums scenes that made you tear up

That scene in kubo when the moon king becomes human without any of his memories, and a the villagers start telling him how much of a sweet and good person he is, even though he just attacked their village

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=13MFPoNIRaw
youtube.com/watch?v=RqjIkkwMlnw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=uIe3g68DZ78
youtube.com/watch?v=qoCyQqqjhR8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=SkJGLCleFmI
youtube.com/watch?v=9yjAFMNkCDo
youtube.com/watch?v=V1vJVlYoar8
youtube.com/watch?v=fXQ2pDVB42k
youtube.com/watch?v=0WglfhdK3tk
youtube.com/watch?v=ln0UXMfZmCo
youtube.com/watch?v=4x23dm6sPmo
vimeo.com/182062047
youtube.com/watch?v=EXrAYOxfI3A
youtube.com/watch?v=jWHHsdE_oQg
youtube.com/watch?v=PAFEUVocnQE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think my favorite bit in Kubo was when he was taking care of his nearly catatonic mother in total silence. It's a quick scene, but conveys a lot of emotion regarding their relationship without any words.

Nothing
I feel nothing, I have never felt moved for any work of fiction, someone please help

>y-you really are a bad guy...

They were just brainwashing him into being a good guy. It was a great opportunity.

>Our Boat!
>what?
>It's the Sunseeker!

youtube.com/watch?v=13MFPoNIRaw
youtube.com/watch?v=RqjIkkwMlnw
Both these never fail to get me to cry like a lil bitch

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uIe3g68DZ78

>file related
Made me choke up a bit, which doesn't really happen to me.
I can relate to Riley here; all my happy childhood memories and thinking of my family together just makes me sad now.
Doesn't help that Riley's parents look exactly like my own.
And plus that soundtrack...
youtube.com/watch?v=qoCyQqqjhR8

"I want to be an architect..."

>What did I do? What did I do?!

There are many scenes, I'm a huge fucking faggot
last one was in DW's Trollz movie

>last one was in DW's Trollz movie
Which scene?

Same.

I related because when I was a kid I also felt like a disappointment to my parents. I still kinda do.

>It... it shouldn't have been him.
>I know.

Ending episode like that. Cruel.

when they're all in the pot, lose all hope and turn gray

fuuuuuuuuuck, that one always gets me

so much sad with no words

Lock your room, put on headphones and watch:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=SkJGLCleFmI

Kubo's ending was shit.

Shit.

!

May as well get this one out of the way early.
youtube.com/watch?v=9yjAFMNkCDo

That really got me too and I have no idea why.

I guess it was the powerful notion that even such a transcended conceited villain can be redeemed and find peace among the people it despised, relating to the certain xenophobia most of us feel on a daily basis

iunno

>the powerful notion that even such a transcended conceited villain can be redeemed and find peace among the people it despised, relating to the certain xenophobia most of us feel on a daily basis
Thats exactly why i cried at that scene, it was actually sweet and gave me a sense that of humanity that i usually dont feel

I'm so sad these white people were too xenophobic for adoption :(

This was probably the most recent one.

youtube.com/watch?v=V1vJVlYoar8

This
+
Everything with Bojacks mom
memory loss stories fuck me up without fail.

youtube.com/watch?v=fXQ2pDVB42k

>yfw you recognize where the music at the end is from

Do Americans do that to the blacks?

No, but they should

youtube.com/watch?v=0WglfhdK3tk

I actually belive we are the colection of our memories so I found the scene quite disturbing. If I where Kubo I would have cosider more mercyfull killing him that to take away everything he is.

There are things that leaves me an impression (the recent example is the theme song of Buck Rogers), but the end of "Song of the Sea" takes the cake... And the pie.... With some ice cream while at it.
youtube.com/watch?v=ln0UXMfZmCo

It's not really merciful when the new him is innocent. They both get what they wanted in the end.

But from Kubo's point he was basically the only living relative he had left at that moment.

Fuck me that film's depressing

Remember me
In every sad guitar

youtube.com/watch?v=4x23dm6sPmo
>C'mon, Joy, one more time. Got a feeling about this one.
I still remember the small, despondent "Oh no" I blurted out at this point in the theater. There was a bunch of kids from a summer camp in the audience and several of them were audibly in tears after this scene, and my own eyes weren't so dry either.

Inside Out kind of pushed too hard for the tears, I was more embarassed than actually moved

>massive numale soyboy in high school
>been away at uni
>joined ROTC, tyna man up
>tough for a (former) fat kid, sometimes feel like quitting
>dad gives me a christmas card
>money and a steam certificate
>"I'm so proud of you son" written on the inside

Imma drive tanks if it fucking kills me

>inb4 technically Sup Forums

It got nominated for an academy award so fuck you. This scene ripped my heart out.

vimeo.com/182062047

Even though i havent seen it “your name” looks like overrated trash. I cant take a body switch story as high art

Richard Kind was actually in tears when he recorded, and so was Ellen DeGeneres in this scene:
youtube.com/watch?v=EXrAYOxfI3A
>Please don't go away. Please? No one's ever stuck with me for so long before. And if you leave... if you leave... I just -- I remember things better with you! I do, look! P. Sherman, forty-two...forty-two... I remember it. I do. It's there, I know it is, because when I look at you, I can feel it. And...and I look at you, and I...and I'm home! Please...I don't want that to go away. I don't want to forget.
>I'm sorry, Dory. But I...do.
The desperation from one and the grieving cruelty from the other.. ughh.

>moon king

That’s no moon. That’s clearly a fucking Death Star on his armor.

That seen actually affected me more after james gunn said that it was really about rocket crying when faced with the prospect that their is a god, because ive been estranged towards religion for years but lately ive been more depressed about death and stuff. I feel like that charlie brown quite, because i dont want to keep living how i am now but i dont really want to die either, and the idea of the conventional god that i was rasied with being real scares and depresses me

nigga that ain't Your Name

I did love Your Name though

I didnt watch the link, i just assumed it was because he said it was Sup Forums and it got an acadmy award and i thought your name got one

I didn't see it that way. I saw it as Rocket realising that yes, people can love you even when you're nasty most of the time, that that there will be someone who will miss him when he dies. For a complete outcast that's a pretty shocking realization.

It shouldn't m8. If it's the christian God all you gotta do is accept his forgiveness.

>If it's the christian God all you gotta do is accept his forgiveness.
>if you dont love me or obey every outrageous demand i make youll burn in hell
I dont see how thats living or comforting at all, user.

Is that Grand Moff Tarkin?

The scene when Monkey tells Kubo the story of how his parents met. The music and visuals are on point, and despite some unnecessary bits of comedy relief it's a beautiful moment that brings tears to my eyes every time.

what gets me here is that I've dealt with a suicidal family member recently. And the "I've got a good feeling about this one" particularly sinks in. He knows what he's going to do and he just doesn't want her to tell him no because he thinks it's the only way for her to succeed.

And then she does.

and that fucking kills me.

>if you dont love me or obey every outrageous demand i make youll burn in hell

more like

>please accept my forgiveness
>no

Read the bible homie don't just listen to whats on the internet

>please accept my forgiveness
>>no
Its much more then that, alot of the things he says are a sin really arent objectively bad and are things basic people need to do, and if we dont blindly submit we will go to hell. It sounds to hateful and domineering for someone whos supposedly a loving god.

I fucking knew the legend long before watching the movie, so I knew what was going to happen, and the ending still made me cry like a bitch, and I hardly ever cry at anything.

I'd encourage reading the book of John, especially what Jesus himself says. I think you'd find its a lot different from what people have told you.

It was disgusting. I was disgusted in the theatre. I'm categorically against "white lies".
>Taking advantage of a person's amnesia.
>Feeding him easy delusions.
>Not telling the truth, setting the record straight, and encouraging him to be a better person.
>Assuming for him that he can't handle the truth.
>Making him live a lie.
Disgusting.

At the end of the day its still “beleive in me or I hurt you”, so i dont find any of that hopeful

>tfw entering password and see checkbox that says "Remember Me"

I usually don't cry much during animated films, but that song and the happy ending scene hit me hard.

Keep goin, user!

>Will you stay with me? I'm scared
youtube.com/watch?v=jWHHsdE_oQg

Is there anything sadder than seeing a wise old king cry?

All that power, and yet there is still so much he can't control.

And I'd encourage you to do the same. I grew up Jewish, I know the old testament very well. It's an extremely hateful book.

Pretty much the last thirty minutes of Coco.

Not really a scene but Ice King's little speech to the Lich here always hits me

The scene where Kubo added the 'third' string to the two strings choked me up good.

Know that I'm with you the only way I can be...

Holy shit

Guess I gotta watch JLU now.

Context is important. They didn't force the Moon King to attack them or choose to have him lose his memories. They just gave him a home after his actions led to his losing recollection of who he was.

The DCAU was fucking fantastic for so long.

What the fuck was their problem

God complex.

Cause they were pretty much a family of Gods.

Moon people see the earth as a decease that warps the mind, and that decease took their sister/daughter from them and made it so that her son wouldn't join them in their perfect world.

Short answer, they're assholes who see themselves as better than others.

I Remember You hit pretty hard way back when.

Fuck yeah user, good on you, Sup Forumsmrade!

Why did Kubo have no issue with killing his cunt of an aunt but he hesitated about killing is considerably more evil grandfather?

Finishing off the aunt was done in self-defense.

There wasn't much point in finishing off an amnesic old man.

Because if he had killed him, he'd have become just like him.

Why do you think being a mindless military drone is any better than being a fat soyboy?

He had no hesitations about killing him when he was evil, but when he was turned into someone with no memories he forgave him

I'm not talking about finishing him off I mean why did he choose to reduce him to a feeble old man and not duke it out with all his magic and artifacts until he bested him?

I don't think Kubo was really holding back. It was just the unseen result of their powers colliding.

Last animated movie that almost got me to cry was pic related when Hiroshima got nuked. Last Western animation to get close was probably Up, but I've never actually cried from a movie or TV show.

more like i can save you let me save you
>no
Ok but you cant enter haven though the only other option is being left with the evil humans make also know as hell
>y-y-you did this i cant stop doing ten thing and ask for forgiveness when i mess up this is your fault

>alot of the things he says are a sin really arent objectively
Then they are bad you just cant see the harm it causes

Its his fault for damning people who dont follow his controlling rules, stop using backwards logic to justify your god being horrible
>Then they are bad you just cant see the harm it causes
More like they really arent bad, but you justify it because people “dont understand”, even though its pretty obvious alot of those “sins” were made up becasue church leaders didnt like them or were trying to control people.

>Ok but you cant enter haven though the only other option is being left with the evil humans make also know as hell
If God is all mighty he could make any fucking option he wanted. Instead he made "Do exactly as I want, or suffer eternal punishment."

>>>/philosophyclass/

I couldn't agree more. When Theoden cries over his son's death in Two Towers I bawl like a bitch...

Ahhhhhh Protestants flaunting their ignorance as usual.

I miss what Zootopia could've been

I don't know if happy tears are allowed in this thread, but I'm gonna post one anyway.
>youtube.com/watch?v=PAFEUVocnQE

>yfw "No parent should have to bury their child."

forgot how good Ratatouille was

I'll take this over any generic princess movie any day

>finding forgiving someone and trying to tell them their a good person once they lost their memories disgusting
Okay edgelord

both times they sang it to Coco I cried like a baby in the dang theater

this entire short was a masterpiece

I would have loved a follow up scene of that with President Waller and El Superman. Gods and Monsters was way better than I expected it to be.